The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Technology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Technology Computing, programming, science, electronics, telecommunications, etc.

Old 08-23-2012, 10:15 PM   #16
Sperlock
Elite Elitist

It's too many if you have them all plugged in and blow a fuse.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:32 AM   #17
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Sellers View Post
42 is the answer to the meaning of life, ...
There it is. 42 gadgets defines a maximum good life - and the universe. Those boys with too many toys are not happier.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:34 AM   #18
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

3 pc's, 1 netbook, 6 digital cameras, 1 Nook SimpleTouch, 1 ColorNook, and uncountable cell phones.

That's too damn many gadgets.

ETA: Forgot the spare pc in the closet.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:39 AM   #19
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

I must be doing something wrong.

How do y'all afford all these toys?
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:49 AM   #20
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Two words:

Pawn shops.

Plus, I'm an old horsetrader, from way back.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:51 AM   #21
glatt

You buy them over the years and don't throw them away.

About a year ago, I paid to get rid of two old Macs. They had built-in monitors and so I had to pay $15 each to get rid of them. I had a couple external CD burners that I also got rid of, and a flat bed scanner that had the wrong cables to connect to anything I still owned.

I just picked up a broken laptop and a really old laptop from my dad, so now I have 3 old laptops (1 is broken), 1 old desktop, 1 work blackberry, 1 old iPod, and 1 GPS for the car. So that's 7 items. My wife has a smart phone and my daughter has an iPod Touch. So that's 9 gadgets. And I just got that fancy new thermostat, so that brings our household up to 10.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:11 AM   #22
infinite monkey

Heh. My brother believes in a TV in every room. I love me some gadgets, but I'm always astounded at everything they have being state of the art, and how much of it they have.

And I'm a horrible saver from way back. Been wanting to save up for a TV from this century for some time now...but there's always another shirt to buy or beer to drink.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:32 AM   #23
glatt

TVs are coming down in price. They were like $800 for a 32 inch, but now you can get a decent one for $300. A regular TV should cost $300. The prices are fair now.
Old 08-24-2012, 02:08 PM   #24
infinite monkey

Mostly I'd like a bigger TV because of all the movies I watch.

I looked at some at The Wally World.

Where would be the best place to buy?
Old 08-24-2012, 02:08 PM   #25
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
You buy them over the years and don't throw them away.

About a year ago, I paid to get rid of two old Macs. They had built-in monitors and so I had to pay $15 each to get rid of them. I had a couple external CD burners that I also got rid of, and a flat bed scanner that had the wrong cables to connect to anything I still owned.

I just picked up a broken laptop and a really old laptop from my dad, so now I have 3 old laptops (1 is broken), 1 old desktop, 1 work blackberry, 1 old iPod, and 1 GPS for the car. So that's 7 items. My wife has a smart phone and my daughter has an iPod Touch. So that's 9 gadgets. And I just got that fancy new thermostat, so that brings our household up to 10.
So how come what your wife and daughter have is classified as "yours"? Surely you have 7, wife has 1 and daughter has 1.
Old 08-24-2012, 02:23 PM   #26
glatt

Well then none of the computers are mine because we all share them, and the phone is a work phone. So I guess the old iPod and the thermostat are mine. And I suppose my wife would say the broken laptop is all mine. Come to think of it, my wife uses the thermostat more than I do, so that's really hers more than mine, even though it was a gift to me. So really the old iPod is mine. And the broken laptop. I have 2 items.
Old 08-24-2012, 02:25 PM   #27
infinite monkey

Just this ashtray is mine... And this paddle game. - The ashtray and the paddle game are mine... And this remote control. - The ashtray, the paddle game, and the remote control, are mine... And these matches. - The ashtray, and these matches, and the remote control, and the paddle ball... And this lamp.
Old 08-24-2012, 03:10 PM   #28
glatt

Old 08-26-2012, 01:54 PM   #29
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

...and my dog. And that's ALL I NEED!!

C'mon, Shithead.

Old 08-26-2012, 04:29 PM   #30
John Sellers
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
...and my dog. And that's ALL I NEED!!

C'mon, Shithead.
The Jerk was one of Steve's best.
John Sellers is offline   Reply With Quote