The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 04-21-2007, 09:10 PM   #301
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
...But if I ever hear anyone breaking into our house, you can be sure that the first thing I will do is yell, "Honey, get the gun!"
I guess you would scare away an unarmed intruder, but if I broke into a house, and had a gun, and heard that, I would shoot the first thing that moved, figuring I would get shot if I hesitated.
Old 04-21-2007, 09:12 PM   #302
duck_duck
Soul Duck

That fact anybody in america feels they need a gun to protect themselves says a lot about the state of crime in that nation.
duck_duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 09:16 PM   #303
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinx View Post
How do you know that's what will happen? Crystal ball? Crazy people with weapons don't always do what you think is logical. So, then what? More barbed wire and flood lights?
You're right, anything could happen, especially from someone accosting you with a gun. He's already broken many social norms to do that. If someone points a gun at me and says "give me your gum", I figure if he wanted to kill me, I'd be dead already. If she wanted to rape me, I figure she'd say "take your clothes of and make that weenie hard, hot stuff" or something.

Would you really rather kill someone than put up barbed wire and flood lights?
Old 04-21-2007, 09:18 PM   #304
freshnesschronic
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by duck_duck View Post
That fact anybody in america feels they need a gun to protect themselves says a lot about the state of crime in that nation.
YEAH YEAH we heard your rant, we know you are from a gun banning culture, blah blah blah I already argued with you about it. Give the same statements a rest!!! America is a criminal nation wow what else is new from you yack yack yack.
freshnesschronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 09:22 PM   #305
duck_duck
Soul Duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshnesschronic View Post
YEAH YEAH we heard your rant, we know you are from a gun banning culture, blah blah blah I already argued with you about it. Give the same statements a rest!!! America is a criminal nation wow what else is new from you yack yack yack.
Don't be such a crybaby about it. It isn't my fault your crime is so high.
Old 04-21-2007, 09:23 PM   #306
freshnesschronic
Professor

Quote:
Don't be such a crybaby about it. It isn't my fault your crime is so high.
Blah blah blah yack yack yack we heard this 10 pages ago! I seriously don't want to sound like a redneck, but if you don't like the US why did you emigrate here!

And obviously you didn't read what everyone else posted that supported why America is not a rampant criminal society. You didn't read those posts huh didja? Just save it, this thread has moved on ducky.
Old 04-21-2007, 09:27 PM   #307
duck_duck
Soul Duck

Quote:
Blah blah blah yack yack yack we heard this 10 pages ago! I seriously don't want to sound like a redneck, but if you don't like the US why did you emigrate here!

And obviously you didn't read what everyone else posted that supported why America is not a rampant criminal society. You didn't read those posts huh didja? Just save it, this thread has moved on ducky.
Wow like I had a choice moving here. I guess you figure I somehow made my dad uproot us and move us to this place. Oh and I have read those posts but have yet to see anything that shows crime isn't high in the US.
Old 04-21-2007, 09:30 PM   #308
freshnesschronic
Professor

Quote:
Wow like I had a choice moving here. I guess you figure I somehow made my dad uproot us and move us to this place. Oh and I have read those posts but have yet to see anything that shows crime isn't high in the US.
You are gonna be like my mom when you grow up ducky. A prideful, stubborn, sometimes annoying Asian hag.

JK! But seriously..
(all the Dwellars are gonna be like "oh shit they are flirting again")
Old 04-21-2007, 09:33 PM   #309
duck_duck
Soul Duck

Quote:
You are gonna be like my mom when you grow up ducky. A prideful, stubborn, sometimes annoying Asian hag.

JK! But seriously..
I'll admit I am stubborn...
Old 04-21-2007, 09:36 PM   #310
freshnesschronic
Professor

Quote:
I'll admit I am stubborn...
REALLY!?
Old 04-21-2007, 10:02 PM   #311
duck_duck
Soul Duck

Quote:
(all the Dwellars are gonna be like "oh shit they are flirting again")
What do you mean again?
Old 04-21-2007, 10:15 PM   #312
cowhead
halve your cake and eat it too.

for one the use of statistics can be used to prove anything.. so they aren't really valid. I can pull up stats to prove anything.. anything. really. I own a gun.. a 410. quick w/ rocksalt/gravel ( holding to the old 'blunderbuss' ideal' rounds. quick and very very painfull) if that doesn't make you think twice.. the 45. call. will. I would regret taking a human life, however if you are trying to rob me.. you are not a ' human being' in the traditional ( amer-indian) sense. so your life is forfeit. play nice.
Old 04-21-2007, 10:26 PM   #313
cowhead
halve your cake and eat it too.

hey duck_duck? where do you live? perhaps it's just a national ' bad neighborhood' ie. detroit. / freshchronic? where? huh? souds liek more of a case of bad luck rather than a national average..
Old 04-21-2007, 10:28 PM   #314
freshnesschronic
Professor

I live in Champaign IL, but I'm from Chicago suburbs. RePRzNtN Chi-Town wooooooo! Yeah we have guns, WHAT? Hahaha, jk. But seriously....we do. But I love the city, no one's gonna make me think differently.
Old 04-21-2007, 10:32 PM   #315
duck_duck
Soul Duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowhead View Post
hey duck_duck? where do you live? perhaps it's just a national ' bad neighborhood' ie. detroit. / freshchronic? where? huh? souds liek more of a case of bad luck rather than a national average..
I'm originally from hong kong but have been living in houston for a while now.