The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 01-30-2010, 09:24 PM   #1
monster
I hear them call the tide

I brought it on myself but I'm going to moan anyway....

I have to get up at 5am tomorrow (Sun) to drive the kids to a swim meet. Worse than that, I have to get the kids up and they're still awake now, eating MOAR FREAKING FOOD. Blooming swimmers and their carbs.

Hebe might get a State Cut in the 50 Breaststroke, though.....

but still..... 5Ayfuckingem when it'll be like -30 degrees and still freaking dark when we get there. We're going to Grosse Pointe -to the school used in the film.

ugh
Old 01-31-2010, 12:15 AM   #2
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Attached Images

Old 01-31-2010, 10:10 AM   #3
SamIam

So, how did the swim meet come out?
SamIam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 10:43 AM   #4
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIam View Post
So, how did the swim meet come out?
shhhhhh! monster is
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 04:33 PM   #5
monster

I'm back! I'm Alive! My children have medals and ribbons and everything. no state cut, but two firsts in their divisions....Hebe was 7th overall n the breaststroke and got 7th over all, a second of the state cut time but she had an outside lane in a 10 lane pool (which meant that she was 10th seed and took 7th so rock on....).

We went straight to ceramics class from the meet, then straight to swim class for Hebe (hee hee hee poor girl)
Old 02-08-2010, 03:53 AM   #6
toranokaze
I'm still a jerk

Go monster and monsterlits

It is the ignorance of ignorance that lead to the death of knowledge

The Virgin Mary does not weep for her son, for he is in paradise. She weeps for the world , for we are in suffering.
toranokaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 10:48 PM   #7
monster

OK didn't bring this one on myself so much.......

but OMFG.

So, we're off to Florida at 4am on Friday. We had to wait until Friday to go because Hebe has her big Orchestra night on Thursday in the Hill Auditorium (Univ of Mich). This becomes even more important because she has managed to miss the other two performances this year through no fault of her own, she's worked really hard for it, earning her a front seat and it's being televised locally, and will have a live audience of a couple of thousand.

OK cool beans, we can deal with this.

Then some tit at the school picks that night for Science Fair. Which is mandatory for all 7/8th graders (and hector's class). As is orchestra night for those in the advanced (7/8grade) orchestra (about 30/100). WTG -two school mandated functions at the same time. plus all three kids always do science Fair every year anyway -but now it's the night before vacation. Ugh.

AND THEN....... the swim meet that was cancelled due to snow day last week is rescheduled for the same goddamn night. Fuckers. it's the Fly meet -Hebe and Hector are very strong in that stroke. She can't go -obviously- but we plan to send the boys because it will be better than them wriggling in their seats at the concert, and they can't go to science fair unattended (their projects are going without them, as is Hebe's)

Science Fair continues to Friday, when kids are supposed to pick up their project and reviews, so we've had to arrange project babysitters. And I've spent all afternoon and all night helping the kids format, print etc. ALL NIGHT. despite them starting in a timely fashion weeks ago. At least we were done before midnight this year. But we've not even started packing, I have to help transpot instrument stomorrow, and then there's the concert... no bed for me tomorow night.

The only silver lining is that the swim parents will get to appreciate me and the chair of the club more. We physically run the meets. She's the starter, i'm head/only marshall. Nobody bothered to check if we were available when they rescheduled. oops
Old 02-17-2010, 10:54 PM   #8
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

sounds like a great time to write a long post on the cellar!

oh, hey... can you come into chat.... I need to tell you a story and ask you for some advice. only take a minute
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 10:55 PM   #9
monster

This is my well-deserved ME time. :p
Old 02-17-2010, 10:55 PM   #10
monster

I cannot sleep until I've chilled a little. it's the way of the world.