The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > The Internet
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

The Internet Web sites, web development, email, chat, bandwidth, the net and society

Old 01-04-2010, 10:09 AM   #1
dar512
dar512 is now Pete Zicato

New scam

I got a new one today. Do people really fall for this stuff?

===============================================
UNITED STATES POSTAL INSPECTION SERVICE,
PO BOX 555, NEW YORK NY 10116-0555
EMAIL: upsinspector@in.com

This is to notify you that we have intercepted your parcel from DHL COURIER SERVICE is making the delivery and we have stopped the delivery process for some

security reasons stated below:

1. Our scanning system has detected that your parcel contains a confirmable ATM CARD to the tune of $1,500,000.00 USD.

2. Such ATM CARD coming from African /Europe/Asia is been verified by the POSTAL INSPECTION SERVICE which we have directed our inspection team to proceed

with the verification to ascertain the authenticity of the ATM CARD and now after all the verification on the Parcel/ATM CARD, having contacted the issuing

institution who made it known to our office that the ATM CARD is a Genuine one and Not ILLEGALLY ACQUIRED. We have also forwarded the Serial Number of the

ATM CARD to the U.S, Treasury Department and they confirmed that the CARD is Authentic and ready to be cashed at any ATM MACHINES.

Also for the Delivery of the Parcel to continue, you are in obligation to obtain from England, a Duly Sworn Affidavit from British High Court which will back

up the Origin of Fund. This is in line with the Anti-Terrorist Campaign which the USA Government has embarked on recently to protect our Territory from

future attacks. You should therefore contact the sender of the ATM CARD or the DHL Courier Agent in LOndon,England to get the Sworn Affidavit for you while

we wait to receive from you the Affidavit File Number to enable us forward your ATM CARD to your address.

Below is his contact information. Note that the cost of the Affidavit is $98 and do not hesitate to remit the amount to him.

Name: David Martins
Email address: dmartins20000@bellsouth.net
Tel: +44 704 570 5374

We shall then forward the ATM CARD to you and you will be sure of a genuine ATM CARD that is coming to you. We are doing this for your interest considering

the rate which fraudulent and stolen checks/ATM CARD are been sent to our innocent citizen that most times put them in problem. Always send your

correspondence to our secure email: upsinspector@in.com

Your urgent action on this notice will be appreciated.

Sincerely,

Walter Moore
Chief Postal Inspector
Old 01-04-2010, 10:15 AM   #2
Madman
has left the building.

Now they tell me...
Madman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 10:29 AM   #3
SamIam

If you contact a Nigerian child witch, you'll get your card much faster.
SamIam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 04:25 PM   #4
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

This guy bought a car from us. An $80,000 car. In his Son's name. And argued over $320 in tag fees. He was a major dickhole. The 'car mechanic' in the article is actually our service manager.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 04:36 PM   #5
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Quote:
A criminal complaint filed by the U.S. Attorney's Office notes one scam Gevers is alleged to have pulled off four years ago while working as a school psychologist at the Burlington County Institute of Technology.
According to the complaint, Gevers was hired by the district in September 2005 and managed to deceive a co-worker out of $57,000 before he was fired in May, after district officials learned he was not a licensed psychologist.
So they didn't run a background check and it took them 8 months to catch on to him. I wonder if the job's still open?
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 11:56 AM   #6
Carruthers
Junior Master Dwellar

Over the space of a couple of days I received Emails allegedly from Tom Ridge who, for some reason, apparently works from an office in London, Ban Ki Moon and the Rt Hon Gordon Brown MP, Prime Minister of this Parish. The sums involved rose on receipt of each communication. I'm expecting a cheque from Gordon Brown for £1.5 trillion any day now.

I'm sure Mr Ridge won't mind me copying you all into our correspondence............

Quote:
Homeland Security London England
From Secretary of Homeland Security: Mr. Tom Ridge

Attention

We are glad to inform you today that a New Payment Policy has been adopted for 2010 by the Homeland Security London England and you are short listed for a compensation payment benefit sum of Ј300,000.00 British Pounds Sterling under the funding assistance by the Government of England.

This might interest you to know that the Homeland Security Intelligent Unit (HSIU) in connection with the men of the Metropolitan Police Service (MPS) conducted series of probing and investigation process in all the internet saver providers in England and your E-mail address was recovered among the Spam violated list by some unlawful and uncivilised British who are incapable of creating any decent job to earn an honest living, rather the chose to abuse the use of internet. We are in no doubt believed that these internet imposters /fraud stars from British must have collected money from you through their criminal and evil ways.

It was on these recommendations that the Government of England instructed the Homeland Security Intelligent Unit to settle and compensate all the foreign victims whose email address was short listed in order to restore British to the enviable standard of respectability and dignity within the community of nations.

Please kindly contact the PAYMENT PROCESSING OFFICER with your full names, address and telephone numbers on the below information for immediate processing of your settlement/compensation payment benefit to you.

Contact Person: SIR MARK SMITH
E-mail: [email address]

Your allocation code no is; BTG/00135 (Please use as subject)

There is nothing to be worried about again as we are fully supervising the whole payment process to avoid any uncalled for or delay of payment by any body.

Congratulations from the Homeland Security Intelligent Unit.

Yours in service,
Mr. Tom Ridge.
Secretary of Homeland Security
My emphasis, by the way.

Carruthers
Carruthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 03:36 PM   #7
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I was wondering what happened to Tom Ridge.
Old 02-13-2010, 03:42 PM   #8
Carruthers
Junior Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
I was wondering what happened to Tom Ridge.
Drop him a line. I'm sure he'll be happy to send you a couple of million dollars.

I'd nip down to London and collect it for you but I can't stand the place

Carruthers

PS Don't forget to include your bank sort code, account number, full postal address, phone number and inside leg measurement.

Last edited by Carruthers; 02-13-2010 at 03:55 PM.
Old 02-13-2010, 06:39 PM   #9
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

You're aware Tom Ridge is the former Governor of Pennsylvania, and the first Secretary of Homeland Security, under Bush?
Old 02-14-2010, 02:45 AM   #10
Carruthers
Junior Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
You're aware Tom Ridge is the former Governor of Pennsylvania, and the first Secretary of Homeland Security, under Bush?
Oh yes, it was just scammers entertaining the bizarre notion of Mr Ridge still being in Office and working in London that brought a smile to my weary countenance. Must have been one hell of a commute

Anyway, must go now. I have to respond to an Email from the Dalai Lama. Let's see........... oh yes, he's offering entertainment of interest to sophisticated gentlemen.

Well, that counts me out straight away

Carruthers

Last edited by Carruthers; 02-14-2010 at 03:21 AM. Reason: Typo