The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 12-14-2012, 11:11 PM   #3331
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

My hypothesis is that it's a genetic adaptation to pollution which enables homo sapiens to rise above what settles to ground level.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 04:54 AM   #3332
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Depends who you breed with I think.
My sister is the shortest of all of us and she has a daughter even shorter than herself.
Luckily, she's bred with a tall man, so hopefully the rot stops there.

Neither Steven nor I are inclined to participate in the experiement anyway, so the data may be skewed.
Old 12-15-2012, 05:48 AM   #3333
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

I feels like a crone, lola bunny, I FEELS it.

for some reason for the past six months I've been feeling a bit like i'm on chemo====legs ache constantly, knees are killing me like spikes, hips, lower back---all ache and hurt all day long and night, too. I get up to take advil. and I'm tiiiiiiiiiiiiiired (Madeline Kahn voice) I can only manage one 'thing' a day and I'm killed. I've heard I need iron, vitamin D, a bone scan...all that. gotta wait till after the holidays though as I'm tapped out and can't even afford my doc co-pay!

but I'm really creaky and horribly old. at least in my joints.

PS that glucosomine chondroitine stuff? it's like 40.00 a bottle!!!!!!!!!!!
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:00 AM   #3334
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

$40 a bottle?? A generic brand costs much less than that. My mom'a doc said it's ok for her so that what I get for her. Would it be ok for you to take the generic brand?
Lola Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:02 AM   #3335
Lamplighter
Person who doesn't update the user title

The Atlantic
By Megan Garber
Dec 15 2012, 8:27 AM ET

What Were the Last Words Spoken on the Moon?

Quote:
Probably not, alas, "let's get this mother out of here" ..

Forty years ago, December 14 at 5:54:37 p.m. EST, humans left the moon for the last time.
But how did the three men who made that departure -- taking their last small steps,
their last great leaps from the lunar surface -- mark that occasion?
What parting words did they leave to the moon, and to their fellow humans, and to history?
<snip>
If my wife had been there, the last words would have been:
"Wait, I forgot to turn off the coffee pot"
Lamplighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:02 AM   #3336
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

I think that WAS generic!!

can I be rude and ask how much per bottle you pay?
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Old 12-15-2012, 08:14 AM   #3337
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

Tril, hows your diet? What are you eating everyday? Are you getting enough protein at every meal?

“Seven Deadly Sins: Wealth without work, Pleasure without conscience, Science without humanity, Knowledge without character, Politics without principle, Commerce without morality, Worship without sacrifice.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Pico and ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:53 AM   #3338
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pico and ME View Post
Tril, hows your diet? What are you eating everyday? Are you getting enough protein at every meal?
Probably not. I'm eating a lot of grains and those veggie burgers that you buy frozen and heat up-----but only b/c I've been too lazy to eat well and I don't trust frozen meat burgers you can microwave. I feel really good on Atkins but it's very expensive...all that meat...cheese; but I feel good and energized when I do it.

—James Barrie

Old 12-15-2012, 09:17 AM   #3339
Chocolatl
Glutton for Gluttony

Iron supplements are pretty cheap and can be had OTC. Might be a good place to start. After I had the baby, I was anemic enough to be at "needs a blood transfusion" levels and I felt exhausted, but taking iron supplements helped perk me back up.
Chocolatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:20 AM   #3340
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolatl View Post
Iron supplements are pretty cheap and can be had OTC. Might be a good place to start. After I had the baby, I was anemic enough to be at "needs a blood transfusion" levels and I felt exhausted, but taking iron supplements helped perk me back up.
How long did it take before you felt better?

—James Barrie

Old 12-15-2012, 09:33 AM   #3341
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trilby View Post
I think that WAS generic!!

can I be rude and ask how much per bottle you pay?
Not rude at all. I don't remember exactly, I got it at Costco. It was like $18 or $20 or so.
Old 12-15-2012, 10:50 AM   #3342
Chocolatl
Glutton for Gluttony

It's hard to say since I was also recovering from a C-section and dealing with a newborn, but... probably a month? My blood was literally the consistency of Kool-Aid and I didn't have the energy for much of anything. I'm still taking them four months later. There's iron in the multivitamin I take, but if I stop taking an additional supplement I can feel the exhaustion set in within a day or two.

My husband takes B12 vitamins and they help his energy level a lot. Maybe just start with a good multi?
Chocolatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:42 PM   #3343
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

My sis and I are fighting and we're not getting anywhere with reconciliation.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:13 AM   #3344
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

So sorry to hear, MTP.
Old 12-18-2012, 05:13 PM   #3345
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

Went to the doc last night, I've got an pharyngitis with an upper respiratory infection. Oh and did I mention I had balloon sinuplasty and a tonsillectomy only 20 days ago? Yup, recovery is going so well.

Tags
dum, oh the whorror