The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Old 09-05-2004, 12:05 AM   #16
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

I'd pay good money to see this woman get an MRI.
Old 09-05-2004, 12:21 AM   #17
paxton
A schizophrenic/No we're not...

Ye gods, that's foul...

And here's some more info, if you have a strong constitution.
"Davidson has more piercings in her genitalia than in any other part of the body - 500 in all, externally and internally."

Internally?!?! Ouch. And yuck.

Old 09-05-2004, 12:23 AM   #18
dar512
dar512 is now Pete Zicato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspode
Okay, everybody...sing along!

"I've got face that jingle jangle jingles..."
Good one, Els.

I just thought. Can you imagine that woman trying to get on a plane these days?
dar512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 12:42 PM   #19
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspode
I'd pay good money to see this woman get an MRI.
I used to toil as an X-Ray Tech. There were many a surprised lad and lass when I told them I'd have to remove that nipple ring before I took the radiograph. We kept a pair of pliers handy for just that purpose. You'd be amazed at what you can learn about your patient just by taking their X-ray--penile implants, breast implants, foreign objects of all sorts lodged in unlikely places...I once took an X-Ray of a blind guy who had a gun in his pocket. I didn't know that until the film came out of the processor...ah, the good ol' days...
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 04:18 PM   #20
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Eeeeeeauw.

I think even one facial piercing looks freaky.

Just not good.

Must gouge out eyes ...

Now, is she making enough money off these personal appearance type things to support herself, or is she living off the dole?

Lookee, Great Britain ... she's your Inland Revenue dollars at work.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 05:20 PM   #21
Karenv
Slacker

"oh, i'm sure they were all perfectly sterile piercing needles. and i'm sure her tattoo artist used a new needle each time."

Lookout-

Sterile needles don't stop infection from happening. Whenever I come down with a flu or other infection, my ear piercings (of many years standing) get infected. Infections anywhere near the "T-zone" of the face can be fatal- remember why they told you not to pick zits there?

As for tattoos, not only the needle but the ink needs to be sterile. Otherwise at each dip of the pen, the ink gets contaminated. Something like 85% of people with tatts are up for infection from Hep C- fortunately it has a 20 year incubation period.

Last edited by Karenv; 09-06-2004 at 08:49 AM.
Karenv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 06:14 PM   #22
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Well hells bells!
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 10:56 PM   #23
jojomonkeygirl
Vivacious Vivisectionist

my tongue is pierced...and I have 4 tattoos. no infections. I would never pick a zit though...that would hurt!
jojomonkeygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 11:21 PM   #24
lookout123
changed his status to single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna
penile implants
people really do that? i honestly thought that was just an insecure frat boy joke. seriously. about 10 years ago i dubbed a friend "implant boy" and everyone still calls him that. i may have to end that now that i know it is real.

??????edit??????????

ok, i'll make this a full fledged thread hijacking. do these things look and feel real? are they um, functional or just there to make the guy feel better about the bulge in his pants?
Old 09-05-2004, 11:34 PM   #25
lookout123
changed his status to single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karenv
Sterile needles don't stop infection from happening. WHenever I come down with a flu or other infection, my ear piercings (of many years standing) get infected. Infections anywhere near the "T-zone" of the face can be fatal- remember why they told you not to pick zits there?

As for tattoos, not only the needle but the ink needs to be sterile. Otherwise at each dip of the pen, the ink gets contaminated. Something like 85% of people with tatts are up for infection from Hep C- fortunately it has a 20 year incubation period.

actually the sterile needle prevents the process of piercing from introducing infection. what happens with your open flesh wound after the piercing is no longer the technician's fault.

check your facts on the tattoos. your numbers may be accurate in prison but not in reputable shops. the ink is required (at least in Illinois, Iowa, and Arizona) must be stored in appropriate containers and once removed for use, cannot be reintroduced to the original container. the ink is placed into small containers, similar to a McD's ketchup container so you ink is only contaminated with your blood, so no risk of contamination. if you have a reputable provider you will have A) gloved artist B) sterile or new needle C) fresh ink straight from storage. the chance for hep c is extremely minimal.

i've got my share ( and maybe yours too) of piercings and tattoos and have close friends in the business and have yet to meet anyone run into trouble using reputable providers.

BUT, what is this about zits in the t zone? never heard that one.
Old 09-06-2004, 02:24 AM   #26
Nothing But Net
Professor

Penile Implants

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookout123
people really do that?
I can assure you, they do. I've been performing them for years, but exclusively on women.
Nothing But Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 08:01 AM   #27
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
are they um, functional or just there to make the guy feel better about the bulge in his pants?
My O.R. nurse friend would crack up when Hans & Frans wanted to "Pump you up", for different reasons than most.
Old 09-06-2004, 09:10 AM   #28
Karenv
Slacker

The "T zone" is your forehead down to the sides of the nose- the part of your face that is oiliest when you are a teen. It is close to nerves running to the brain, so they warn kids not to pick zits there.

The piercings get infected because the body gets infected. I'm not talking about infection from the initial piercing- my ears were healed without problem, but when you get a systemic infection it can irritate the skin. I'm guessing that the metal that is tolerated when the immune system is functioning well can be irritating when the immune system is compromised with disease. I find even surgical steel can be a problem then- gold less so.

The 85% Hepatitis C rate is based on the already pierced but not yet full blown diseased- I think it will fall as clean tattoo technique laws spread. The number may even be a bit dated, but damn, that is a high number to fall from. Hep C is symptomless during most of the 20 year incubation period. They're expecting a huge mushrooming of Hep C rates in the future. (Even nail salons spread it.)

BTW, I'm an acupuncturist and we've found that midline (upper lip to groin) piercings in women can be associated with menstrual and fertility problems because they are along the Conception Meridian. The menstrual problems often go away with changing piercings to gold. Sometimes that isn't enough for infertility, but removing them helps. I suggest checking out the acupuncture meridians before piercing and making sure you aren't constantly stimulating an important point. (The teacher I learned this from was much pierced- it isn't just prejudice.)
Karenv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 11:11 AM   #29
Troubleshooter
The urban Jane Goodall

I wonder what would happen to that woman if I walked by and just, by some strange quirk of fate, happened to have one of the those marine dredging magnets in my backpack?

I mean, stranger things have happened...
Old 09-06-2004, 11:28 AM   #30
jaguar
whig

I have a bolt of metal thorugh my tongue, I've never had an infection of any sort from it nor any other ongoing health problems.