The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 08-10-2003, 01:17 PM   #1
Tasneem Project
Writer of Writings

THE USA - A QUIZ

1. Which nation currently runs its own concentration camp in cuba?

2. Which nation has bombed over a dozen other soveriegn nations since WWII?

3. Which nation did Noam Chomsky describe as a terrorist state?

4. Which nation has refused to sign the kyoto protocol, after its governing party received huge payments from leading oil companies?

5. Which country invented the legal concept of 'corporate person'. and is consequently now run by corporate directors?

6. Which nation has refused to sign an agreement which would subject its armed forces to scrutiny under international human rights law?

7. Which nation claims to be a bastion of human rights, yet has been criticised by Amnesty International over its excessive use of the death penalty?

8. Which nation is the leader in the international arms trade?

9. Which nation is widely despised throughout the world?

10. Which nation claims to uphold freedom of expression, yet put a graduate educated punk singer on trial after he exposed the racism and anti-semetism prevelant amongst American Baptist Christians?

Have a nice day!

Last edited by Tasneem Project; 08-10-2003 at 01:19 PM.
Tasneem Project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2003, 01:22 PM   #2
dave

1. Cuba

2. I'm not sure, but probably one where the majority of the government is Muslim.

3. Israel.

4. Iraq.

5. Iraq.

6. Iraq.

7. Iraq.

8. Iraq.

9. Iraq.

10. Iraq.
Old 08-10-2003, 01:25 PM   #3
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I think you're wrong on #2 , Dave. That would be the UK.
Old 08-10-2003, 01:30 PM   #4
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Nothing like an irrational US-basher...especially one living in a state almost as guilty as the US on fucking peoples' lives up.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2003, 01:46 PM   #5
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Tas...dude. Won't enough people come willingly to your political site? Why are you force-feeding us all this. At least deal it out in small doses. It is really offputting to have your entire agenda shoved down our throats in a a couple of hours...
Old 08-10-2003, 01:50 PM   #6
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

You better get with it Elspode! THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED! IT WILL BE A WEBCAST!!!
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2003, 05:19 PM   #7
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Yeah, but is it going to be a webcast that you need Broadband in order to view? It would be egalitarian to have it in plain text so people with 2400 baud modems could follow along in a reasonable time frame.
Old 08-11-2003, 12:31 AM   #8
wolf
lobber of scimitars

America, Love it, or LEAVE it.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 04:50 AM   #9
Uryoces
2nd Covenant, yo

Bring me the paper!

We have non-standard paper sizes, and carrier battle groups to enforce it, baby!

Bwa, ha, ha, ha, ha!!!
Old 08-11-2003, 08:36 AM   #10
Tobiasly
hot

Re: Bring me the paper!

Quote:
Originally posted by Uryoces
We have non-standard paper sizes
Oh, they're standard all right... it's just that the standard is used only by the U.S. and no one else.

Of course, there's plenty of examples besides paper sizes you could use!
Tobiasly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 11:27 AM   #11
headsplice
Relaxed

For as much about this country irritates the shit out of me, I have the ability to do something about it, even if that something is only bitch out loud.
Plus, at least we KNOW about the stupid shit that our leaders do in our names. That kind of transparency (even though it needs to be A LOT better) has NEVER existed in the United States or anywhere else. I suggest that we, as a country, demand more transparency. Stupid bullshit is still going to happen, but at least we as the represented can throw hissy fits when we find out about it.

So, 23 points to the Project for trying to bring these things to our attention (to Project directly: most of the people here are really smart, really well informed, and really, really opinionated [except Dave], so they probably already know a lot of things that you're talking about, possibly more than you; just a word of warning), but minus 115 style and creativity points doing it with a brick to my head.
Old 08-11-2003, 11:37 AM   #12
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally posted by headsplice
... minus 115 style and creativity points doing it with a brick to my head.
I think that's just how s/he was raised.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 11:51 AM   #13
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
That kind of transparency (even though it needs to be A LOT better) has NEVER existed in the United States or anywhere else.
Say what??? The info is out there. Sometimes you have to look a little but it's there nontheless. To find it, you may have to find a source that has the same agenda you do. A Source with a different agenda may inadvertantly tell you, but no other country has as as many agendas as the USA.
Old 08-11-2003, 11:59 AM   #14
dave

Yes, I am not opinionated.
Old 08-11-2003, 12:42 PM   #15
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Chomsky is a loser for his defense of Pol Pot, and his complete and total lack of any post-9/11 clues whatsoever has been utterly weak. He's exposed, his time is up.

Amnesty International has learned that being anti-American is better for their fund-raising than actually bringing torture to light. They withheld reports of Hussein torture chambers because they were anti-war (and thus in effect pro-torture for political purposes).

The US refuses to sign the ICC and other similar treaties because they are in direct violation of the US Constitution in many important ways. Apparently France is treating many of the EU guidelines as toilet paper so maybe you Euros don't have the same attitude towards your founding documents as we do.

The Kyoto treaty was an attempt to hamstring US productivity and was advised against by a 95-0 vote of the Senate. This is not exactly the expected result of oil money going to one party. More importantly, many Euro countries are going to be in violation of Kyoto for a very long time and the general sense is that they would just ignore the treaty when it all comes down to it. It's really just a way for [nuclear] France to do more [coal/petro/natural gas] US-bashing.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote