Can make me blind
Sunshine on the water
Makes it lukewarm
Sunshine almost always gets me high.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:13 AM   #3393
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite monkey View Post
Sunshine on my shoulders
Gives me sunburn
Sunshine in my eyes
Can make me blind
Sunshine on the water
Makes it lukewarm
Sunshine almost always gets me high.
I saw Jose Feliciano sing that on Merv Griffin, I think it was. He was very funny.
Old 01-05-2013, 02:56 AM   #3394
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

I'm looking at adopting!
He's a 2 year old male named Toby. There was another family about to adopt him but the reneged and are now getting a divorce instead. So, lucky me!
He has kind of golden blonde hair. He's potty trained (99.9%), and crate trained. They think he's a dachshund/dandie dinmont terrier mix, and he's so perfect sounding. Della and I should get to meet him on Sunday and hopefully we'll know more. Its a serious rescue though, so they do the whole couple of visits and home visit and then the foster mom has to approve me. I'm really nervous and I've never been through this process before. I know I know, its not the right time financially...but he sounds like the right dog. There will not be another dog like him and if he gets along with Della, then I'm not going to be able to say no. I've done the pros and cons, and the only real con is my finances are still a little shaky after my pro-longed surgery recovery. I owe my parents a bit of money so they aren't for the idea, but they'll just have to understand. Della needs a brother and its not been the "right time" for 3 years this June. I just don't feel like an opportunity like this one is gonna happen again for me. I have the cash for it, I just have to give my parents a good chunk as a show of good faith.
Sorry for being so me-centric.

Oh and my psychiatrist is sorta against it thinking it'll be too much stress, but I think it will be the good kind of stress. Besides, what does that pill dispenser know?
Old 01-05-2013, 03:09 AM   #3395
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

... hey, wait a minute ...

This isn't post-whoring, MTP, that's worth it's own thread.
Old 01-05-2013, 03:25 AM   #3396
morethanpretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenGum View Post

... hey, wait a minute ...

This isn't post-whoring, MTP, that's worth it's own thread.
Naww, no one cares that much I'm sure.
Old 01-05-2013, 04:48 AM   #3397
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

BS, sistah. Gettin a new dawg is totally threadworthy.
Old 01-05-2013, 05:41 AM   #3398
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by morethanpretty View Post
Naww, no one cares that much I'm sure.
*blinks*

I call bullshit. I will always want to know about people's dogs.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:06 PM   #3399
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

MTP is channeling a Jewish grandmother, "Don't worry about me, I'll just sit here in the dark..."
Old 01-05-2013, 06:29 PM   #3400
monster
I hear them call the tide

Dear Facebook friends,

If you want to stay privately connected with me, FFS just PM me, it's real easy. Or drop me an email. or call me.........

are you ashamed of our relationship?

Or are you just a bit stupid?

Facebook is like a public restroom. ZMaybe in an upscale club -depending on the caliber of your "friends", but it's still public (and full of old, old graffiti that's really not worth c&ping because everybody but you has seen it before)

It is not the place to share anything that it would hurt you for somebody to find. It's ridiculously easy for people to "stalk" you there, this is nothing new. If this is your paranoia, it's not the place for you...snd really, please just get off the internet. You must know some nerd/geek types who give you the shudders. They are the people who can find anything you ever posted in any place on the intrnet. So if you don't want them to read it, just don't post it. facebook is too easy for them, trust me. my cat could stalk you on facebook. (if he wasn't so distracted by all the twittering)
Old 01-05-2013, 06:40 PM   #3401
morethanpretty

Zen and Dani, your wish is my command:
http://www.cellar.org/showthread.php?t=28494

And F3, don't worry about me, I've got a candle and blanket and you've got your family and work. You're so busy all the time I hardly see you, I doubt you have any time left over for me. I'll be fine, just fine. Oh, your Uncle Abraham says, "Hi." You really should call him.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:36 PM   #3402
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Old 01-07-2013, 09:38 PM   #3403
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

Is there an official record for the amount of mucous produced by one sinus in 24 hours? Cause I think I'd be a contender if I had been stockpiling this gunk.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:09 AM   #3404
DanaC

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Dear Facebook friends,

If you want to stay privately connected with me, FFS just PM me, it's real easy. Or drop me an email. or call me.........

are you ashamed of our relationship?

Or are you just a bit stupid?

Facebook is like a public restroom. ZMaybe in an upscale club -depending on the caliber of your "friends", but it's still public (and full of old, old graffiti that's really not worth c&ping because everybody but you has seen it before)

It is not the place to share anything that it would hurt you for somebody to find. It's ridiculously easy for people to "stalk" you there, this is nothing new. If this is your paranoia, it's not the place for you...snd really, please just get off the internet. You must know some nerd/geek types who give you the shudders. They are the people who can find anything you ever posted in any place on the intrnet. So if you don't want them to read it, just don't post it. facebook is too easy for them, trust me. my cat could stalk you on facebook. (if he wasn't so distracted by all the twittering)

Yes, yes, and thrice yes.

One of my cousins gets herself into regular flaps over facebook. She freaked my mum out at one point by passing a message via someone else in the family (no, I dont know why she didnt just phone, they're a weird bunch) to say be careful because people can see if you've been on their page. Since mum had spent a little time, out of morbid curiosity looking at her sister's widower's page and really did not want the bastard to know she had been, this upset a her a lot.

Mum doesn't engage in facebook, except to go and have a quick gander at some of the family's pages just to see what everyone's up to. She doesn't post, she just looks. If she wants to talk to them she picks up the phone. Or she looks at entertainment gossip pages and star's profiles etc. I had to go find her some stuff online that categorically showed the notion of people seeing who has looked at their page to be a total scam, else she was just not going to go back on again.

The other week I get a fb message from said cousin informing me, just in case I wasn't aware of it, that my page is set to public. I thanked her (whatever) for letting me know, but told her my page is intentionally set to public. Next thing I know I am getting bombarded by instructions on how to make my profile or posts private in order to protect other peoples' privacy. Along with suggestions that if I am going to keep my page public, then I shouldn't post responses to things on other people's timelines if they are private.

She totally fell out with another cousin over it.

Seriously, get fucked and do some reading eh?

How many times does this sort of thing have to crop up, go viral and then get proved false before the automatic response changes from 'post this to everybody I know', to 'google this and see if it's a scam'?

Last edited by DanaC; 01-08-2013 at 05:59 AM.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:11 AM   #3405
DanaC

Have I mentioned recently that I really hate fuckfacebook?

Tags
dum, oh the whorror