Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 11-19-2007, 08:09 PM   #106
Drax
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookout123 View Post
i know of a few that have been banned but they REALLY pissed all over rule #3 and begged for it. even then UT wavered back and forth on the decision and it plain for all to see that it pained him.

i think it is pretty clear - if you want to contribute to the cellar do so. we don't have to be clones, we don't always have to agree (it's more fun if we don't), we don't even all have to get along all the time. but damn, contribute something. those that are only looking for a place to flood with their bitterness, animosity, spite, and just plain need to stir the poo - should just eff off and move on to the next site.

we like it here. look around find something you like about the place and contribute in that area. something doesn't appeal to you? don't feel forced to participate in that area. it's real easy.
Poo stirer, right here. :p
Drax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 08:13 PM   #107
Drax
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookout123 View Post
why delete your account?
Misplaced anger.

TTYL. I'm missing Heroes.
Drax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 08:09 AM   #108
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

I have a question. Who the fuck is Mockingbird, and who appointed said bird Keeper of All That is Cellar-good?

Shawnee123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 08:37 AM   #109
Mockingbird
Master of hand to mouth living

No one, but I like this place and it makes me sad to see people argue all over it.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:40 AM   #110
Shawnee123

I agree, but you're arguing too, thus perpetuating the thing.

Besides, I'm trying so hard to stay out of it.

Come on peeps. Let's show some love.

(Breaks into a round of kumbaya.)
Old 11-20-2007, 08:43 AM   #111
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

Yeah, lets all have a big group hug!

five seconds later:

Owwww someone's pinching me!

Who squeezed my butt?

Stop that!

You smell!
Old 11-20-2007, 08:52 AM   #112
Mockingbird

And who the fuck are you to argue that we should all just get along?

I'm saying that all they seem to do anymore is start crap and throw around insults. I know I haven't been here long but most of the forums that I go to where you have people being dicks handle it by banning the instigator and being done with it. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

I'm not trying to alter anyone else's opinions on them or anything else, I suggested that if enough people vote to get rid of them that they should be banned. If people say they don't want to ban them and would rather put up with them, that's fine.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:54 AM   #113
Shawnee123

The problem with that is deciding who is the instigator. Your mileage may vary.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:55 AM   #114
Mockingbird

I'd say it would be the person calling a member a semen depository. Doesn't seem that complicated.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:56 AM   #115
Shawnee123

Whatever, birdie. Without taking sides I would say there's a lot you don't know. So stop instigating.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:59 AM   #116
LJ
i am myself

yabbut....i call people names too. a lot of us do.....the difference? I'm funny... and spexx simply lacks that sense of where the line is sometimes. that's what makes him a sociopath. I always say, "one man's semen depository is another man's dickhole".
LJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 09:01 AM   #117
Mockingbird

I don't have to have the whole convoluted back story to have an opinion and a suggestion. You can act dismissive and throw in some winking faces to be cute about it, but I'm going to post what I think about it as long as they post threads being vicious and stupid.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:09 AM   #118
LJ
i am myself

as well you should.

again.....and again...and again.....people are compelled to enter an argument to tell people to stop arguing...and then proceed to argue about the right or appropriateness of expressing their opinion about the argument.

I think that's great....seriously...I'm not asking anyone to stop arguing...I LIKE arguments. especially when they get really nasty and twisted. you learn so much about people when theyre at their worst.

Everyone has the right to express how they feel about what goes on in the cellar. The worst thing they can do is NOT speak up. If everyone did that, we'd have .......

nothing...
LJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 09:25 AM   #119
Shawnee123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockingbird View Post
I don't have to have the whole convoluted back story to have an opinion and a suggestion. You can act dismissive and throw in some winking faces to be cute about it, but I'm going to post what I think about it as long as they post threads being vicious and stupid.

I can't help it that I'm cute.

But don't convolute your posts as "I'm just helpin'" and bat your eyelashes with a "who me?" It just doesn't fly.

lj is right, we should have a say. Therefore, you suggesting voted bans goes against everything you said about having the right to your opinion...your vacillation rivals some of the pros around here.

So wink wink nudge nudge.

That's MY opinion.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:31 AM   #120
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

Reply to LJ:
Well in that case ....
I sympathize with Mockingbird. If I walked into a real coffee shop where everyone was calling each other rude names and throwing put-downs around, I wouldn't stay long. There is some great humor here and I've learned a thing or two too. But some of the spite threads really suck.
I'm working on a theory that they mostly happen when people are bored. There haven't been too many good new threads in the last few days, and people ended up here.
I don't favor ostracizing people though, except in super-extreme cases. I think the general social criticism is enough to pull most problem-people back into line. This thread illustrates how sniping escalated until it went too far, and prompted criticism from not just the participants but quite a few bystanders as well. I don't think that line will be used in seriousness for a while again. We don't need formal votes - mob disapproval seems to do the trick.