The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 07-23-2014, 02:11 PM   #16
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

52,000 unaccompanied kids in 8 or 9 months. At that rate, the cost of supporting them won't leave any money to start wars.
Old 07-23-2014, 02:23 PM   #17
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

We don't seem to be looking at the "why"...we're always so reactive. I mean, we've heard the stories about why they are coming here, but I don't see us reaching out to their homelands.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 09:40 PM   #18
Big Sarge
Werepandas - lurking in your shadows

In some ways it might be better if we took over their country. They don't seem to be doing a very good job of running them.

Honestly, who here is not afraid of disease? Masses of people who can't speak the language and are going to require more forms be printed in jibberish. A wall would be the kindest thing we could do
Old 07-23-2014, 10:39 PM   #19
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sarge View Post
In some ways it might be better if we took over their country.
We already did. We exported our gang-bangers to those nations. As a result, we improved those nations as we also did Iraq.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 05:47 AM   #20
Griff
still says videotape

Here is one list of incursions.
http://www.zompist.com/latam.html

(The guy who compiled this left out a lot of drug war nonsense)

Last edited by Griff; 07-24-2014 at 05:50 AM. Reason: read list, noted lack of colombian nonsense
Griff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 10:56 AM   #21
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Well yeah, but other than that... and some clandestine shit... we've been like State Farm to them.
Old 07-24-2014, 02:22 PM   #22
Big Sarge

Griff, why in the hell are you posting that link?? It has nothing to do with the danger to our country?? Our only hope is a big fence and military force with a Rules of Engagement that lets them know we are serious
Old 07-24-2014, 03:12 PM   #23
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
In some ways it might be better if we took over their country. They don't seem to be doing a very good job of running them.

Honestly, who here is not afraid of disease? Masses of people who can't speak the language and are going to require more forms be printed in jibberish. A wall would be the kindest thing we could do
Sarge, I don't have a problem with a barrier, as long as people are let in in a legal way, and it's paid for by a tax on the wealthy, who are the main ones who benefit from keeping out illegals.

What diseases are you talking about?
Old 07-24-2014, 03:32 PM   #24
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spexxvet View Post
the wealthy, who are the main ones who benefit from keeping out illegals.
Huh?

The wealthy benefit the most from having them come here. They work for pay that Americans refuse.

And the drag they put on the economy is paid for with higher insurance premiums for middle class folks and higher property taxes for schools. The wealthy don't pay disproportionately for any of that.

I'd say, on balance, the wealthy love illegal immigrants and benefit mightily from them.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 04:24 PM   #25
Big Sarge

I think some of you seriously have a screw loose or you just don't understand.
Old 07-24-2014, 05:42 PM   #26
busterb
NSABFD

The gooberment will fix this, as soon as they can get them on vote rolls for their party!
Old 07-25-2014, 07:56 AM   #27
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
Huh?

The wealthy benefit the most from having them come here. They work for pay that Americans refuse.

And the drag they put on the economy is paid for with higher insurance premiums for middle class folks and higher property taxes for schools. The wealthy don't pay disproportionately for any of that.

I'd say, on balance, the wealthy love illegal immigrants and benefit mightily from them.
Yeeeeaaaahh. I'll retract that. Don't know what I was thinking.
Old 07-25-2014, 10:24 AM   #28
tw

Quote:
I think some of you seriously have a screw loose or you just don't understand.
The enlisted man sees a high nail and immediately wants to hammer it down. Officer material first learns why that nail is too high before fixing anything. Then the nail is removed, replaced, or has some other solution that means the nail never rises again.

Griff's post was 100% spot on. Too many Americans are not officer material. Do not even learn from historical mistakes. And do not even want to know that those mistakes exists.

For decades we had open borders without any problem. What changed? Officer material would first answer that question. A wall is just the naïve with a big hammer whose solution is more wars, more violence, more hate, more action, more wasted money, ... and not once learning why WE created the problem. The wall represents the same misguided rhetoric that even destroyed Iraq's standards of living. Those who first learned facts before Iraq was invaded saw nothing good from that mistake ... because officer material first learns facts before making any conclusion.

It is no accident that hate of immigrants coincided with increased wacko extremist rhetoric. When brainwashing an enlisted man, preach concepts of 'evii' them verses 'gods choosen people' us. It worked for Hitler. It worked for George Jr's wasteful massacre of 5000 American soldiers in Iraq. It even worked to convince less educated (less moderate) Americans that smoking cigarettes increased health.

So many only know/knew what Fox/Pravda tells them to think. So few remember that facts must be obtained long before having any conclusion. Only officer material uses concepts that were taught even in junior high school science.

Griff's post lasered in on the reason why we have border problems. Including myths of violent crime increases. Deadbeat wetbacks living off welfare. And other myths told to the naïve by Fox and Limbaugh so that they *know* who is 'evil' - facts be damned.

The extremist need a new issue every month to keep brainwashing their followers. Latest 'hate' is immigrants. They forget to mention why those immigrants must be illegal AND why this problem did not exist before wackos started promoting hate of Hispanics, Asians, and other immigrants. Then lesser educated Americans will hammer anything they do not like.
Old 07-25-2014, 01:09 PM   #29
Big Sarge

Evidently we have a failure to communicate!! Not once did I ever say anything about the Mexican Border. I've been talking about CANADA this whole time. Focus, people, focus! We don't want a bunch of Canucks skipping across the border all hopped up on Maple Syrup. We even have one of them who frequents this site. I think she lives in Pennsylvania and likes ground hogs. Would you want someone like that sitting beside you in a bus?? I thoroughly believe ground hog hair is all over her because of that Maple Syrup. Face it, Canadians don't even know what real baccon is!

I do feel better about the border situation in Canada since I read this:

DES MOINES, Iowa —Boy Scouts from Troop No. 111 witnessed an intense chain of events after one of their members snapped a picture of a federal officer working the border entry point.

BORDER OFFICIAL POINTS GUN AT BOY SCOUT
Marcus Boy Scout border
A central Iowa Boy Scout troop just returned from a three-week trip they will likely never forget. The Iowa Boy Scouts group said the federal agent patrolling the U.S./Canadian border pointed a loaded gun at one of the traveling scouts.
Troop Leader Jim Fox says the scout took the picture of a border officer as the group tried to re-enter the U.S. The Boy Scouts were on a three-week journey through Canada and Alaska when the incident occurred.

Fox said that he was told that taking the photo is a federal offense. The picture was later deleted.

"The agent immediately confiscated his camera, informed him he would be arrested, fined possibly $10,000, and (receive) 10 years in prison," Fox said.

Read more: http://www.kcci.com/news/boy-scout-f...#ixzz38VLV1Wlg
Old 07-25-2014, 09:24 PM   #30
tw

Quote:
Evidently we have a failure to communicate!! Not once did I ever say anything about the Mexican Border. I've been talking about CANADA this whole time.
Problems on the Canadian border did not exist until a wacko extremist (ie Cheney) took power and hyped fear to the least educated Americans. No passports were required, No visas. Once upon a time, people commuted daily between the US and Canada will zero legal problems ... until a wacko extremists started hype fears of evil Canucks.

You would think their strange use of English meant they were all Beavers with big front teeth designed only to massacre US citizens. Everybody knows Beavers are evil Even Beaver College had to change their name to Arcadia due to fear of Canucks.

Threat comes from poorly educated Americans told by Fox and Limbaugh who to fear and when.

Did you know a second coming of Mohammed will end the US as we know it? Only time before Hannity and O'Reilly tell us to know and fear Mohammed - another evil immigrant. Even South Park can no longer warn us of the upcoming disaster. We are doomed due to too many immigrants.

Or we can learn from history to discover who create 40% of American jobs. That is not by 'pure American' extremists. Jobs (and even Nobel Prizes) come from people who are more patriotic
American: immigrants or their children. Why do so few people create a disportionate number of jobs? Because they are more patriotic.

We need more Beavers despite what Cheney says.