Halloween is when the bitches writhe

In their castles made of muck
Trick-or-treat girls like to fuck

Trick-or-treat and eat you up!
At your hand they will sup...

Fill themselves on bone and brine-
Get your own girl!
I've got mine!
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:24 AM   #2
JBKlyde
Banned

golf clap.. ((clap clap))
JBKlyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:36 AM   #3
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

I don't know what that means- golf clap. Like a really quiet clap? Is this your way of insulting me? If so, it's not really specific, is it? And I didn't post it for YOU anyway. I posted it for me.

i thought it was cute. And fun. I like cute and fun. I also like my reading materials, esp. if they are 'creative' - to be short. you see, jbk, Brevity is the soul of wit.

I never read long poems, even if it's by Tennyson or Byron (hell, I never read Byron at all) or even long poems by people I really love (to read) b/c, frankly, a poem should be a condensed version of some experience or thought or whatever. If you want to write an epic or even a three-pager, unless it's pretty damn thrilling I'm not going to read it. I studied 19th C. British texts (gawd awful!) 19th C. British novels (Jane Austen - I CAN"T STAND HER!; or Dickens; Wilkie Collins was...okay) and 19thC. poetry. Oh, lord. Keats was the only one I could really stand and i think that's coz he died so young he didn't have time to get tedious.

I like Oscar Wilde. I like charming versus tedious. If I have to slog thru a rats nest of esoteric meaning or some complicated manufactured feeling to read a poem I'll just skip it and go to the limerick. Esp. the dirty ones. It must be the Irish tavern wench in me.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Last edited by Trilby; 10-29-2012 at 07:46 AM.
Old 10-29-2012, 07:50 AM   #4
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Ps - I also read some 17th C. British stuff but, man, that time is too far gone. Like a lot of the jokes were totally lost on me b/c they were jokes of the time; like today. Like if you tried to show an episode of saturday night live to an audience 200 years in the future they wouldn't get it, either, unless they knew all the history about the time and could get the references. Like Tina Fey doing Sarah Palin- that is some funny shit but in 200 years hardly anyone will recall Sarah Palin or get why Tina Fey was so funny about her.

—James Barrie

Old 10-30-2012, 10:30 AM   #5
jimhelm
a beautiful fool

A golf clap is two fingers into the opposite palm. quiet, respectful, approving.

... an odd choice of clap for a raunchy poem... but then consider the source... i doubt any offense was intended.

I liked it... I like when poems cause imagery to go off in my head.
Old 10-30-2012, 02:07 PM   #6
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Thank you for both
explaining the golf clap & liking my poim.

—James Barrie

Old 10-30-2012, 03:10 PM   #7
jimhelm
a beautiful fool

poast moar poims plese
Old 10-31-2012, 04:07 PM   #8
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhelm View Post
poast moar poims plese
I will.

As soon as my fingers thaw out.

I'm fucking freezing up in here!

—James Barrie