The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Cellar-related > Cellar Meta
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Cellar Meta Users, threads, etiquette, posting, usage, forums, why this place matters or doesn't

View Poll Results: What do you think?
No: I don't like how they respond to some posters 10 35.71%
Yes: I think what they say is ok 2 7.14%
Yes: I think they're funny 8 28.57%
Don't care either way 8 28.57%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-17-2011, 11:02 PM   #61
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
... in my opinion.
She said "in my opinion." Another trademark post. These are the good old days, IMHO.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 11:13 PM   #62
monster
I hear them call the tide

'twas especially for you, honey.
Old 04-18-2011, 12:04 AM   #63
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

Quote:
Yes, I'm like this in real life. My time is valuable, I don't waste it on people who are intolerably dumb or irritating in my opinion. You get a couple of chances, then you get ignored and if your idiocy makes you unignorable, then I'mm'a tell you about it.
This is a completely voluntary recreational board. Meaning you are free to participate, or not; respond, or not, anyway you like. All idiotic posts or posters are completely ignorable in that case because you do not have to respond to them. You are not forced, you don't have to interact with them on any level, you don't even have to see their face. I hate to break it to you, but you have wasted valuable time on intolerable dumb and irritating posters who were ignorable, since they all are ignorable.

Quote:
If you can't stand the heat, you really should get out of the kitchen. If you allow your feelings to be hurt by strangers on the interwebs, then this is not the place for you. I don't expect, need or want to be liked by everyone. So "ouch, my feelings". Seems like maybe you do. This is just not a realistic outlook on life.
This is not the general "interwebs," this is the Cellar. The Cellar is a social outlet for many dwellers, that means we probably see each other as friends or acquaintances that we want to hang out with for the most part. I don't get my feelings hurt by strangers, I get my feelings hurt by friends and acquaintances. Do I want to be liked by
everyone? No. Do I want to be liked by the friends and acquaintances I choose to spend time with? Yes, otherwise I'd be a huge masochist, and I'm not. I do like your input a lot of the time and would like to respect/have your respect monnie, just as I would with a friend. If you don't give a fuck what your friends and acquaintances think of you or if you hurt their feelings, then I can't imagine why you would even bother socializing with them, obviously you don't like them.
Old 04-18-2011, 12:40 AM   #64
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by morethanpretty View Post
This is not the general "interwebs," this is the Cellar. The Cellar is a social outlet for many dwellers, that means we probably see each other as friends or acquaintances that we want to hang out with for the most part. I don't get my feelings hurt by strangers, I get my feelings hurt by friends and acquaintances. Do I want to be liked by
everyone? No. Do I want to be liked by the friends and acquaintances I choose to spend time with? Yes, otherwise I'd be a huge masochist, and I'm not. I do like your input a lot of the time and would like to respect/have your respect monnie, just as I would with a friend. If you don't give a fuck what your friends and acquaintances think of you or if you hurt their feelings, then I can't imagine why you would even bother socializing with them, obviously you don't like them.
It's not a closed board, though. It's open to all on the interwebs. Some I would not choose to spend time with. And some I consider close friends and acquantances. The latter... if they call me out on a post I hurt and/or I apologize. The former..........

I find it ironic you call me monnie here, when you're saying you're sorta cool with me in the main ....I really, really don't like that name and it's one of the names that the non-monster-people use to try and rattle my cage.

You do have my respect mtp, for what that's worth. But don't call me monnie. Or stupid. DON'T CALL ME STUPID!

Old 04-18-2011, 06:44 AM   #65
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

(FTR - I didn't know that monster hated the nickname 'monnie' for a very, very long time and when I used it [monnie] I certainly meant no offense.)

Now. This is for everyone here:

Let's move on.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 06:55 AM   #66
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

They've done their grazing. Now,

HEAD 'EM UP, MOVE 'EM OUT.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 07:22 AM   #67
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

This turned out to be the funniest thread I've read in a very long time. It had everything: sour grapes, crying, wailing, sniffeling, grovelling, kissing, hand-holding, boy meets girl, boy loses girl, boy realizes girl is better than him, crescendoing into a thrilling denouement, before falling lightly to its expected conclusion. A morality play, if you will. I laughed! I cried! I saved 5 bucks!

If people don't talk about you, you must be boring.

Thanks for making my day.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 07:40 AM   #68
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Is it a comedy? (ends with a wedding)

Or a tragedy? (ends with a death)

Why not both?
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 07:43 AM   #69
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Let's ask Pathos and Laughos.
Attached Images

infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 08:01 AM   #70
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Meh. In my opinion, we've all been assholes, we've all been nasty (except maybe Clodfobble), we've all been nice. I didn't vote, and I won't, fwiw.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:31 AM   #71
jimhelm
a beautiful fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
blah blah blah. you forgot to end your criticism with "...in my opinion."

In my opinion, this is the *core* of the vast majority of the arguments on the cellar, indeed, most of the arguments in our society from politics to baseball and around again. ["In my opinion,] Policy ABC, which is supported only by poopyheads like you, is stooopit." When I hear "arguments" made in this way, I fill in the missing "in my opinion" for the speaker, as I have done for (myself) on your behalf, jimhelm.

In my opinion, monster's remarks are sometimes funny, sometimes informative, but the most memorable ones are unfunny and vitriolic personal attacks, voiced, naturally, in her opinion. I am tired of the abuse monster dishes out so freely.
I don't know, V... I think most people are smart enough to realize that most of the things I say ARE my opinion. If I was stating a fact about something I knew for sure to be true, I think I would make that clear. So, I thank you for editing my post to suit yourself, but if you don't mind, I'll write my own lines.

blah blah blah yourself.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:42 AM   #72
henry quirk
maskless: yesterday, today, tomorrow

"Are you tired of being abused...by monster and shawnee/infinite monkey?"

This is the public sphere.

What happens here is largely uncontrolled.

Also: what happens here is largely insignificant.

If your 'feelings' are wounded by the commentary of *folks you've never met and have no reason to think twice about, then: there is far more 'wrong' with YOU than with THEM.

Grow up.

*As I voted above: both Monkey and Monster amuse me. But: even if both just chafed my ass -- again -- this is an uncontrolled public sphere.

I can choose to 'ignore' (tell the 'offender' to go and fuck him- or her-self and be done with him or her), to 'fight' (the cogent argument to counter the 'nastiness'), or to 'cry like baby' (like running some little poll).

Again: grow up.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:42 AM   #73
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
You know what Jim's user title should be? "Yes, the things I say ARE my opinion If Frank Sinatra Says It's OK". 'Cause Frank calls the shots for Jim.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:44 AM   #74
henry quirk
maskless: yesterday, today, tomorrow

"This turned out to be the funniest thread I've read in a very long time. It had everything: sour grapes, crying, wailing, sniffeling, grovelling, kissing, hand-holding, boy meets girl, boy loses girl, boy realizes girl is better than him, crescendoing into a thrilling denouement, before falling lightly to its expected conclusion. A morality play, if you will. I laughed! I cried! I saved 5 bucks!"

See here?

This is funny!

You all should be so lucky as to be able to do what Monkey and Monster do.
Old 04-18-2011, 09:04 AM   #75
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spexxvet
we've all been nasty (except maybe Clodfobble)
Pshaw. You haven't been paying close enough attention. I have a bitter streak a mile wide.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pensive pam wannabes, romper room