The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Old 01-29-2003, 11:28 AM   #1
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

1/29/2003: Accident victim winds up on wire

Two weeks on the heels of the dead deer on the top of an electrical pole image, comes this one of a human being. This one's no mystery though; the 18-year-old driver was thrown in the auto accident, grabbed the wires instinctively, and hung up there for 20 minutes until help arrived. And after all of that, he was not at all hurt.

I urge him to play the lottery immediately.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 12:36 PM   #2
Nothing But Net
Professor

Or join the circus. He's obviously a natural talent for the high wire/trapeze act.
Nothing But Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 01:31 PM   #3
That Guy
He who reads, sometimes writes.

It's current news, though not very shocking. I bet he was amped by the time they got him down, assuming he didn't resist much. I guess he was transformed into a new man.
Do you feel that a lot of buzz is being generated by this story?
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 01:35 PM   #4
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Yes - all the outlets are carrying it.

I'm not sure why they didn't put him in a cell.
Old 01-29-2003, 01:45 PM   #5
Griff
still says videotape

I understand that he's normally a well grounded individual so they wouldn't risk him blowing a fuse by isolating him.
Old 01-29-2003, 01:55 PM   #6
MaggieL
in the Hour of Scampering

Quote:
Originally posted by Undertoad
Yes - all the outlets are carrying it.
Inevitable once it hit the wire services. Listed under "current events", I take it? JOining the circus would be a completely new field for this guy, I'm sure. And obviously they didn't put him in a cell because he wasn't charged....

MaggieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 02:04 PM   #7
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Well they could have charged him with battery while looking for other contacts. I bet this guy is connected; he must have been wired on something.
Old 01-29-2003, 02:22 PM   #8
Nothing But Net
Professor

Ohm my God! This discussion has become positively revolting.

I'm shocked at all of you!
Nothing But Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 02:44 PM   #9
Thadius
Civil Civilian

This has the capacity to go down in the media history volts when they realise exactly watt he as achieved.
Old 01-29-2003, 07:17 PM   #10
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally posted by Nothing But Net
Ohm my God! This discussion has become positively revolting.

I'm shocked at all of you!
I'm suprised that you even have the joules to criticize. Bah, your modulations are just another sine of the times.
Old 01-29-2003, 07:37 PM   #11
BrianR
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

I absolutely refuse to join in and be a party to the perversion of the electrical lexicon.
BrianR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 09:48 PM   #12
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

You know, I thought about posting this as it happened in a suburb of KC, but (and I'm not kidding), since he ended up on the wire, I thought that might refute my postulation about the deer ending up on the pole, so I didn't post it.

This will teach me to withhold information trying to protect my own bullshit theories. ;-)

BTW, the kid gave God(tm) all the credit for his adventure. That sort of thing always makes me suspicious of God, because after all, He must have made that other vehicle swerve into the kid's Jeep.
Old 01-30-2003, 02:15 AM   #13
God
Not half the God I used to be

Quote:
Originally posted by Ep
He must have made that other vehicle swerve into the kid's Jeep.
The other vehicle was probably under the influence of Satan. There aren't many negative things that happen to people that are directly my doing. Many times I am trying to create positive situations for people and Satan spins the situation into pain and suffering. In this case, I managed to work a small miracle on the fly. I guess I still got <I>it</I> (God flexes his bicepts)

There are a lot of vehicles down there to keep track of. Luckily, I was pondering the use of those me-damn traffic cameras and saw the accident in process. This coincidence doesn't mean you shouldn't normally wear your seatbelt though.

Oooh, and....you're welcome for that little miracle keeping Poindexter's financial microscope out of your recta.

Last edited by God; 01-30-2003 at 02:17 AM.
God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 08:18 AM   #14
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Quote:
Originally posted by God

Many times I am trying to create positive situations for people and Satan spins the situation into pain and suffering.
But...if Satan can cause aberrations in what You do, then doesn't that mean that you are *not* all powerful, omnipotent and infallible?
Old 02-04-2003, 06:47 PM   #15
Angelus
What kinda name is that?

Quote:
(God flexes his bicepts)
Wow, I wonder what "bicepts" are! I know that God's thoughts are higher than my thoughts, and God's ways are higher than my ways, but it appears that God's appendages are much different from my appendages. All I've got are these lousy biceps.

And don't try telling me that God misspelled "biceps"! God making a mistake. Ha! (Though you gotta wonder what He was thinking when he designed the platypus...)
Angelus is offline   Reply With Quote