The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

View Poll Results: What are your thoughts about'Amnesty In America'?
It creates more questions than it answers. 4 25.00%
I understand and support amnesty for illegals. 0 0%
We should fix our broken borders first. 10 62.50%
Borders is a book store. That's all I know. 2 12.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-30-2007, 01:01 PM   #61
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

If it wasn't, we wouldn't have this thread.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 01:32 PM   #62
rkzenrage

Oh, illegals are our problem and THAT needs dealing with, DIRECTLY.
But, that is for all illegals, not just one nation's.
Old 05-30-2007, 01:59 PM   #63
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Illegals aren't a problem that can be fixed on just one side of the border, and most illegals are from, or come through, Mexico.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 03:28 PM   #64
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMercenary View Post
What planet are you from tw? You really do believe this tripe. The only thing I can figure out is that you are either an illegal, the child of an illegal, or are making money on the back of illegals and are fearful of our country finally getting a handle around this problem and regulating the flow of people across our currently pourous borders. Those illegals do not represent the productive part of our economy and there is no way for you to back up such assertions.
The fact was stated just so that those who know using political agendas (rather than facts) would respond. Throughout the world, the most productive economies are those who import and employ immigrants. And the most productive person is typically the third generation immigrant. Who are the lazy bastards on the dole? Mostly the lazy citizens who also worry more about their rights than their responsiblities.

The most productive people in a nation are its immigrants. Why are most American engineers (more than 50%) now immigrants and foreigners? It says much about Americans who believed Barbie: "Math is hard". George Jr also uses that work harrrd also as an excuse. Immigrants instead do the work. And TheMercenary makes accusations because he never bothered to learn basic facts - such as regional recessions created by a major crackdown on illegal immigrants.

I have no problem with immigrants. Everyone tends to be a better worker. Many can even understand the math I might be working on. It is the legacy Americans - those from a long line of American citizens - who tend to be more lazy and are lesser educated. But that last part is only my observation. Facts are that immigrant children are among the most productive Americans.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 05:42 PM   #65
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by piercehawkeye45 View Post
We loan out money and help in other ways to jumpstart the Mexican and Central and South American economy.

It is one way that we might be able to solve the immigration problem and help our neighbors while we're at it.
Easier said than done. Money won't do it, the Mexican oil industry proved that when the huge windfall was sucked up by corruption with no improvement for the masses.

Sending them jobs won't help. NAFTA was supposed to help them but it only exported jobs without helping the average Mexican.

The only way Mexico is going to get 'jumpstarted' is reform and short of invasion, we can't do it for them.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:21 PM   #66
piercehawkeye45
Franklin Pierce

I know, I am not trying to claim that this is the solution but that we should be looking in this direction for a possible solution. I was using the Marshall Plan as an example on how we can make change in other countries in a positive way.

The best thing I can think an individual can do is microfinance.

For our country as a whole, assuming we decide to help, is much more complicated because it needs to be a plan that will go through without corruption which is almost laughable.
piercehawkeye45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 06:27 PM   #67
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

In order to implement a Mexican Marshall Plan we have to first win a war. Hmmmm
Old 05-30-2007, 06:30 PM   #68
piercehawkeye45
Franklin Pierce

Did you read what I said? I used the Marshall Plan as an example on how something like that could work, I am not saying we actually bring it back.
piercehawkeye45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 08:34 PM   #69
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Hello, did you read what I wrote? There is nothing we can do for Mexico without invading and changing their whole system.
Old 05-30-2007, 08:38 PM   #70
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
The fact was stated just so that those who know using political agendas (rather than facts) would respond. Throughout the world, the most productive economies are those who import and employ immigrants. And the most productive person is typically the third generation immigrant. Who are the lazy bastards on the dole? Mostly the lazy citizens who also worry more about their rights than their responsiblities.

The most productive people in a nation are its immigrants. Why are most American engineers (more than 50%) now immigrants and foreigners? It says much about Americans who believed Barbie: "Math is hard". George Jr also uses that work harrrd also as an excuse. Immigrants instead do the work. And TheMercenary makes accusations because he never bothered to learn basic facts - such as regional recessions created by a major crackdown on illegal immigrants.

I have no problem with immigrants. Everyone tends to be a better worker. Many can even understand the math I might be working on. It is the legacy Americans - those from a long line of American citizens - who tend to be more lazy and are lesser educated. But that last part is only my observation. Facts are that immigrant children are among the most productive Americans.
Be clear, I have no problem with immigrants either... legal ones. My problem is with illegal ones. I am pro-LEGAL immigration, through current legal processes, applications, and processing.
Old 05-30-2007, 09:04 PM   #71
TheEdge44
Layperson

Did anyone here about the town in California-go figure-that is offering sanctuary to illegals? They actually stopped their DUI traffic sites because they were catching too many illegals. Eventually, they shut down more things because too many illegals were involved. So, if we let them break one law, we have to let them break many more. What don't we understand about "ILLEGAL?" This is killing the U.S. Bush needs out.
We need Tom Tancredo to clean up the mess. Bush and the Dems are selling us all out for diversity. What happened to being an American, not a black American, or latino American, or this or that type of American, but just an American. Diversity sucks when it comes to the culture of a nation.
TheEdge44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 09:12 PM   #72
TheEdge44
Layperson

Angry You Won't See This In the News because the Killers Were Black

http://www.snopes.com/politics/crime/newsom.asp

The animals pictured below; car-jacked, then raped Christopher Newsom, cut off his penis, then set him on fire and fatally shot him several times while they forced his girlfriend, Channon Christian, to watch. An even more cruel fate awaited her!

Channon Christian, was beaten and gang-raped in many ways for four days by all of them, while they took turns urinating on her. Then they cut off her breast and put chemicals in her mouth ... and then murdered her.

Dozens of New Charges in Double Murder Case Announced
Posted: 5:05 PM Feb 1, 2007. Last Updated: 11:40 AM Feb 8, 2007.
Reporter: Whitney Daniel, WVLT Staff

Knoxville (WVLT) - The District Attorney General of Knox
County announced the list of charges facing now five suspects in the double murder of Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom.

The District Attorney General Randy Nichols is not saying whether or not he will seek the death penalty, but he does say the State will seek conviction for all charges filed in a 24-page indictment from the Knox County Grand Jury.

Lemaricus Davidson, 25, faces a total of 46 charges. Davidson was indicted on 16 counts of Felony Murder growing out of rape, robbery kidnapping and theft of Channon Christian and Chris Newsom, 2 counts premeditated murder of Christian and Newsom, 2 counts especially aggravated robberies from Christian and Newsom, 4 counts especially aggravated kidnapping of Christian and Newsom, 20 counts aggravated rape of Christian and Newsom, and 2 counts of theft from Christian and Newsom.

Letalvis Cobbins, 24, faces a total of 46 charges. Cobbins was indicted on 16 counts of Felony Murder growing out of rape, robbery kidnapping and theft of Channon Christian and Chris Newsom, 2 counts premeditated murder of Christian and Newsom, 2 counts especially aggravated robberies from Christian and Newsom, 4 counts especially aggravated k! idnappi ng of Christian and Newsom, 20 counts aggravated rape of Christian and Newsom, and 2 counts of theft from Christian and Newsom.

George Thomas, 24, faces a total of 46 charges. Thomas was indicted on 16 counts of Felony Murder growing out of rape, robbery kidnapping and theft of Channon Christian and Chris Newsom, 2 counts premeditated murder of Christian and Newsom, 2 counts especially aggravated robberies from Christian and Newsom, 4 counts especially aggravated kidnapping of Christian and Newsom, 20 counts aggravated rape of Christian and Newsom, and 2 counts of theft from Christian and Newsom.

Just last night, police in Lebanon , Kentucky , arrested 18-year-old Vanessa Coleman. She faces 40 Tennessee state charges. Coleman was indicted on 12 counts Felony Murder growing out of rape, robbery kidnapping and theft of Channon Christian and Chris Newsom, 1 count Premeditated Murder of Christian only, 1 count Especially Aggravated Robbery of Newsom only, 4 counts especially aggravated
kidnapping of Christia n and Newsom, 20 counts of aggravated rape of Christian and Newsom and 2 Counts of theft from Christian and Newsom.

Eric Boyd, 24, also arrested in connection with the fatal carjacking, only faces federal charges as an accessory after the fact. He was not indicted by Knox county grand jury.

Felony Murder carries a possibility of death, life without the possibility of parole and life with parole. Especially Aggravated Robbery is a Class A felony that carries a possibility of 15 to 60 years in prison. Aggravated Rape is a Class A felony that carries a possibility of 15 to 60 years of prison.

At a news conference Thursday, Nichols commended the cooperative efforts between several departments and credits that cooperation for the fast pace this case is moving through the court system.

Nichols says he hopes to move the case to trial on the first day it's set.

The four are expected to make their first court appearance within ten to fifteen days.

This is certainly a case garnering a lot of public interest, Nichols recognizes that and says he expects all kinds of requests filed in this case, including a change of venue in order to receive a fair trial. But he says he does hope 12 Knox County jurors will be able to determine the guilt or innocence of these suspects.

Where be the Revs Al and Jesse? Are they providing counsel and help to the families of the victims?

Of course not - the victims were white

Why hasn't this received National coverage by the news media like the Duke "rape" case?

Oh, that's right - the victims were white

Why hasn't the NAACP, ACLU, New York Times etc., called for an investigation?

Must be cause the victims were white

Why hasn't the FBI been called in to investigate this as a hate crime?
Oh, t hat's right - the victims were white"

victims

perps

So, if a white news radio jock uses the phrase "Nappy headed", it gets 2 weeks of constant news coverage.

If two white people are tortured, raped, and murdered by a group of black people, it barely gets a blip in the news.

Pass this around, and maybe, just maybe, it will land in the hands of someone in the media or politics, that has the b???s to stand up for the white people!!!

This happened on Jan, 6, 2007 at Knoxville, Tenn..

http://www.snopes.com/politics/crime/newsom.asp
TheEdge44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 12:54 AM   #73
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMercenary View Post
Be clear, I have no problem with immigrants either... legal ones. My problem is with illegal ones. I am pro-LEGAL immigration, through current legal processes, applications, and processing.
The only immigration problem we have is due to draconian laws. 1.8 million immigrants needed just for agriculture. Only 29,000 visa permited due to stupid laws.

What did 1770 American do when tax laws were stupid? They openly committed crimes. We call those people "great and patriotic Americans". Why? Because only the laws were to blame. Do we become smart - or be so stupid as to demand enforcement of rediculous laws?

American immigration laws are the problem. Illegal immigrants are simply the symptom of stupid laws that are just as stupid as prohibition. We need them and they need the work. That does not change whether laws make them legal or illegal.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 03:44 AM   #74
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

1.8 million needed? OK, why are there 10 times that here? Openly commiting crimes.

Welcome to the Cellar, TheEdge44.
Shame about your state not having an entrant in the Miss America contest, because none of the girls wanted to say....

Idaho.
Old 05-31-2007, 06:14 PM   #75
rkzenrage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
The only immigration problem we have is due to draconian laws. 1.8 million immigrants needed just for agriculture. Only 29,000 visa permited due to stupid laws.

What did 1770 American do when tax laws were stupid? They openly committed crimes. We call those people "great and patriotic Americans". Why? Because only the laws were to blame. Do we become smart - or be so stupid as to demand enforcement of rediculous laws?

American immigration laws are the problem. Illegal immigrants are simply the symptom of stupid laws that are just as stupid as prohibition. We need them and they need the work. That does not change whether laws make them legal or illegal.
Our laws are easier to navigate and more liberal the most in the world. Draconian? Not by a long-shot.