The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Quality Images and Videos
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Quality Images and Videos Post your own images and videos of your own days

Old 07-07-2009, 07:49 PM   #946
sugarpop
Professor

This is Rascal. He passed away last year. He was 3. I found him when he was a tiny thing, living next to a convenience store. Here he is as a kitten.

*sniff* I still miss him terribly. He was an awesome cat!
sugarpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:34 PM   #947
sugarpop
Professor

This is Rufus...

Rufus and Rascal (when he was a baby)...

Rufus and Ralph on the cat tree...

Shakti and Ralph on the cat tree...

Shakti...

Ralph...

Our Chow Boo...

Lester and Ralph (my ex now has Lester)...

Old 07-07-2009, 09:38 PM   #948
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

I vote for Lester. I love those dogs. Great looking pets, pop! Thanks for sharing.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:58 AM   #949
glatt

I like the cat tree and run above the window curtain. Cool.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 08:27 AM   #950
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Well since the loss of our two Rhodesians, and the fact that we had one left (Congo the Thong Eater), we needed to get him some company. This is his new mate, Boomer. An Aussie Cattle Dog.
Attached Images

Old 07-08-2009, 08:30 AM   #951
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

another.
Attached Images

Old 07-08-2009, 11:03 AM   #952
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Sugar - I know I've seen one of those before. Not complaining, is cute enough to see again. Beautiful cats! Probably nice dogs too.

Merc - good to see your two getting on.

I wish things were as easy between Mia & Diz.
I'm glad the 'rents are back so that she'll start coming in the house again - it's been such a trial trying to show her she's not unwanted Diz has been shut away at the standard times, but she's barely crossed the threshold. Not right for a cat her age, but she's too suspicious of me to make a difference.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:24 AM   #953
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Oh isn't Boomer gorgeous! What a lovely looking dog. I do like the herding and droving breeds Brilliant that Congo has taken well to him.

Talking of which. My niece has just adopted a 7 year old (I think) greyhound from the rescue centre where she did her work experience (saw that coming a mile away lol). Lovely dog, fabulous temperament and best of all Amber(their very protective and quiite fierce Rhodie) has totally accepted her. She was the main concern. They brought Sally the greyhound back for a trial weekend and had no idea how she'd be. Amble-Scramble is not well-known for accepting newcomers. Far from being jealous/aggressive/protective of home she has completely accepted Sally and actually seems very protective of her. They've had her for less than a fortnight and it's like she's always been there
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:30 AM   #954
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Actually, Amble Scramble & Sally are taking secret can opener operation lessons and planning to take over the place.
Old 07-10-2009, 09:58 PM   #955
Tree Fae
Major Inhabitant

Picture one--Here is my newest baby. I was told that she was a feral cat, but I think my friends suckered me. I had found the kitten outside their cabin sitting on the porch. I picked it up and took her back inside to ask when they got her. They were all amazed that I could pick her up, There was 5 kittens and no one can catch them. She sure doesn't act feral. She is already getting along with the dogs to some extent. The cats of course are pissed at me.

picture two is Holly with Darby. We aren't sure if he is just facinated and wants to play or sees her as a doggie toy/treat.

Picture three is my yorkie Dazzle. Last week Dazzle suffered a stroke. We had to take her to an emergancy vet on the fourth of July. She was totally unable to walk or sit up. She could still move her legs, but they wouldn't support her at all. Shes on predisone and baby asprin and has made vast improvements. The vet said that generally they have a complete recovery and fairly quickly. She is able to walk again but her balance is way off. She can't jump at all. Her left front paw is still the least functional. We think this is a second stroke as she had problems with that leg last month in a very similar manner. She did recover fully then. I hate seeing my baby stuggle to walk though. We also found out she has slight cateracts. The tongue hanging out is from the lack of teeth to hold it in. She had the last of them pulled last year. She doesn't miss them at all! Still snarfs down pizza crust.
Attached Images

Old 07-10-2009, 10:22 PM   #956
queenb
Fellow-Commoner

Sugarpop, I have one of those blue-eyed monster dogs too. We walk the local bike trail most days and she's a real conversation piece. It's sad how many of them end up in shelters, they're such a quirky breed. She's my third Husky adoption. The first one I got at two years old, I was her fifth "owner", the second we got at 5 years old, second owner and the current one we got at 11 months and we're the third owner. Good luck and don't worry, the kitties will get over it...mine did, even if they do still look at her like she's a disease!
queenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 04:45 AM   #957
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Diz being scholarly.
Attached Images

Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 07:44 AM   #958
Chocolatl
Glutton for Gluttony

Tree Fae -- Dazzle is adorable! I hope she recovers and feels better soon.

Sundae -- I will never get over Diz's eyes. So striking.
Chocolatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 11:16 AM   #959
sugarpop
Professor

SG, I didn't realize I had posted any pics of my pets before. Sorry!

Merc, good looking puppy! Maybe we could meet sometime and they could play together! My girl needs a younger dog to play with.

Queenb, I am having a blast getting to know her. I can't believe someone dumped her at the shelter. She is so damn sweet. Her personality is really starting to come out. She is so funny. When she wants to go for a walk (I walk her at least 3 times/day usually, sometimes 4), she starts howling and playfighting. I'm taking her on longer and longer walks in the early morning and evening, during the day it's just a quick 'round the block thing cause it's so damn hot here. I've actually lost weight since I got her!

glatt, my ex made the cat tree and run. I have another one he made also, but it's not put up right now.

Tree, beautiful animals!
Old 07-11-2009, 03:14 PM   #960
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarpop View Post
SG, I didn't realize I had posted any pics of my pets before. Sorry!
Your apologizing to someone that's posted dozens of pictures of her cat?