The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 12-17-2008, 07:59 PM   #1
busterb
NSABFD

So, whut did santa brung ya

Since I'm the Santa around here, I'll start this off.
I got 4 cast iron soup bowls, a new DeLonghi CGH800-U Retro Panini Grill to replace the old George Forman, a stick blender, Cuisinart SmartStick Hand Blender CSB-76.
A r/c helicopter, that I wish they had left the instructions in Chinese, would have made more sense. Add states that 3 AA batteries are included, not, and it takes 8 batteries. Letter from support. "Please mail us have you missing batterie?" A 8 GB flash drive. Damn I forgot the fruitcake. Each year I get one and a bottle of George Dickel #12 combo charcoal starter, fruitcake seasoning My record is, so for, never spilling any on the cake. I hope to do better this year!
I really wanted a chili Rista to hang in kitcken, but shipping was about same as cost. Also my granddaughter sent me an e-mail, with photos. 11 year old must understand X-mas. Happy Holidays All BB

Old 12-17-2008, 08:04 PM   #2
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

holy jumping the gun, batman!

delonghi....we have a convection toaster oven of theirs. excellent.

i want some of that fruit cake.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 09:07 PM   #3
busterb
NSABFD

OK. Probably without the Old # 12.
Now my grandkids photo. I have a feeling she has a grasp on economics at eleven years old. No contact, no presents! Brandon is 16.
Attached Images

Old 12-17-2008, 09:25 PM   #4
jinx
Come on, cat.

They're cute kids buster... and i really like your stick blender, it looks powerful.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:37 PM   #5
Juniper
I know, right?

Geez...I dunno yet, I think I'm getting a new PC monitor though. DH keeps whining about wanting to give me my prezzie now and I'm making him wait. I have to wait. I only have one person left to give me a decent gift these days, not including the cheap crap from my inlaws.

I went out to the grocery tonight and when I came in they YELLED at me -- "stay there! Don't come in!" Sheesh.
Juniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 09:43 PM   #6
busterb
NSABFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinx View Post
They're cute kids buster... and i really like your stick blender, it looks powerful.
Tnxs Jinxs. The only recipe I know, offhand is for cream of broccoli soup.
So you have anything a redneck might like? NO! Not Margaritas. Jose' is not my freind. Trust me on that.
Old 12-17-2008, 10:06 PM   #7
Yznhymr
the crowd goes wild!

Woohoo!

"The pride system tends to intensify the self-hate against which it is supposed to be a defense, since any failure to live up to one's tyrannical shoulds or of the world to honor one's claims leads to feelings of worthlessness." Bernard J. Paris, Ph.D.
Yznhymr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 10:51 PM   #8
Stress Puppy
Elite Elitist

Only thing I've gotten thus far is a gift certificate for a Thai Massage. Parents sent a box but it hasn't gotten here, no idea what's in it.
Old 12-17-2008, 10:51 PM   #9
busterb
NSABFD

Last edited by busterb; 12-17-2008 at 11:02 PM. Reason: asshole
busterb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 11:14 PM   #10
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Be careful when you're cleaning that stick blender, buster. I have the same model, and I cut the ever-loving crap out of my thumb just barely touching it. It's sharp.

Those are some good looking grandkids you got there!
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 12:35 AM   #11
wolf
lobber of scimitars

One of my shrinks just gave me a gift certificate to Bath and Body Works and a yummy box of Godiva Chocolates.

The hospital gift is a grey fleece vest, with embroidery of the hospital logo (which I designed, incidentally) and a silver ribbon, which is apparently the official color for brain disorders.

And I bought my own Kindle. Next week I should be getting the gifts from the family, which will be $$ to buy content for the Kindle, and my Hallmark Star Trek Ornaments. The main one for this year is the Trouble with Tribbles ... Kirk under the storage compartment, and there's a bunch of tribbles that fall out onto him. And it makes tribble noises.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 07:58 AM   #12
glatt

So far, lots of candies and stuff like that from vendors I work with. One came in a cute penguin stacking box set. Like this.
Attached Images

glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 11:16 AM   #13
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Take that stacking box penguin, add a couple of beanbags to throw at it, and you've got a great Christmas game.
Old 12-18-2008, 11:33 AM   #14
binky
all hollowed out

LOL
Old 12-18-2008, 11:58 AM   #15
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

We're going to a company holiday party tonight (and it really is a "holiday" party; it's at the CEO's house and he's Jewish.) We will no doubt return with two terribly useless items from the White Elephant exchange. (Ours are generic but decent, as they should be IMHO: a box of fudge, and a collection of teas. Since no one knows who brought what, I always try to end up taking home the thing I brought, but it rarely works. Last year, we ended up with an ugly bird statuette like the kind you see in the Hallmark store, and a "roll your own sushi" bamboo mat. )
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote