The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Quality Images and Videos
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Quality Images and Videos Post your own images and videos of your own days

Old 02-17-2003, 06:19 PM   #16
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

The opposite size

A 12" tall dog in 26" of snow - Bean can't get any ground clearance and is so frustrated that he's left his obsession behind him. This is the first time he's voluntarily turned away from his "round thing", the name of which I dare not even type. (He might be reading.)
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 06:23 PM   #17
wolf
lobber of scimitars

One of my friends has a boston and a miniature pinscher ... I sincerely hope she took pictures of them in the snow. Of course both dogs are such wussies that she probably had to shovel a patch of yard for them to go out in.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 10:30 AM   #18
jerguar
Do-er of Deeds

generally speaking Max is very gentle, but he get's protective of the kids, and he's definitely a good guard dog. My favorite thing is when solicitors come to my door to try and sell me something unwanted, and I open the door and let him out. Some people literally look like they need to change their drawers. Little do they know he just wants to play. I don't really worry about theft, though. The little brown thing in front is our other dog, a mutt named Proximo (see the 'gladiator' references?), he's like, 50 pounds and think he runs the show. Picks fights all the time. Max puts up with it for a good long while until he gets fed up, then proceeds to fling Prox across the yard a good 20 feet. Funny to look out the window and see a brown ball of fur going ballistic at random times.....
Old 02-18-2003, 01:06 PM   #19
warch
lurkin old school

Tony! Thats a great pic!
warch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 02:55 PM   #20
99 44/100% pure
Infrequently Astonished

Hey, let's not have any of that!

Quote:
Originally posted by lawman
.... all I can say is wow. I'll bet he is a gentile giant... otherwise he would have eaten you or your offspring!
[Jewish Umbrage] So, whaddaya saying, that if he were a Jewish dog he would have eaten the kids? [/Jewish Umbrage]
Old 02-18-2003, 04:56 PM   #21
jerguar
Do-er of Deeds

thought I'd repost the old one...

...this was from when Max was a puppy (a mere 200 lbs.), but kinda funny.
Attached Images

Old 02-18-2003, 06:53 PM   #22
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Additional awwww ...

Is that all dogdrool?

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

Old 02-18-2003, 07:06 PM   #23
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

I luv this dog.

Hi Max! (scratches Max behind his ears, pats him on the head (in a way that doesn't piss him off))

Here you go Bean. (Throws a dog bone to Bean so he doesn't feel left out if he's reading this)

Last edited by slang; 02-18-2003 at 07:12 PM.
slang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 07:18 PM   #24
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I don't think I'd be able to stop at a scratching behind the ears.

Maximus looks like a full body hug kind of a dog ... Rolling him over on the floor for a big ol' belly rubbing too.

Is he a facelicker? (I like that in a dog. Yeah, I'm strange. I'm well aware of that thanks...)

Old 02-19-2003, 10:12 AM   #25
jerguar
Do-er of Deeds

drool...

the only negative thing I can saw about my pup is that, yes, that is all drool and it happens ALL THE TIME. Mastiff owners like to call them 'slingers' because they end up on the ceiling, walls, furniture, and sometimes on my wife's face. She doesn't do too well with that scenario. He's only an occasional face-licker though, which is good when he's foamed up...

but yes, he's definitely down for the full-body hug and belly scratch. His neck is 36" around, so giving him a squeeze is like hugging a grown man's waist...
Old 02-19-2003, 01:00 PM   #26
windhund
lost in space

Now that there is a DAWG! And Bean is just terminally cute

My brother- and sister-in-law have 2 bullmastiffs. When they got the first one, they brought her to our house. We had 2 greyhounds. The younger greyhound wanted to play with her. Greyhounds play by running. Which led to the ridiculous sight of our greyhound running in circles in the yard with the bully desperately trying to keep up, and drool being flung EVERYWHERE. We had to hose them both down after that - they were covered in slime. BIL and SIL keep plates stationed in strategic places around the house with damp washcloths on them so they can do spit cleanup whenever necessary.
windhund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 01:57 AM   #27
wolf
lobber of scimitars

36" neck? Wow! Do you buy him belts rather than collars? Not that a traditional collar would be of any use if he decided he wanted to head off in a direction other than the one you wanted him to go ...

Old 02-20-2003, 09:06 AM   #28
jerguar
Do-er of Deeds

I either buy him a bridle stopper made for a horse at the nearest tack shop, or build my own at the home depot....I've yet to see one online bigger than 30", and since his neck is 36" around, I need about a 40" collar or so..
Old 02-21-2003, 09:25 PM   #29
bluedog
Kinda New Member

Wink A girlfriend for your boy

My girl was watching and drooling over my shoulder. What a handsome beast. My girl only weights 145 pounds.....Looking into her eyes is like looking into deepest Africa.
Old 02-21-2003, 09:34 PM   #30
jerguar
Do-er of Deeds

bluedog...

So, do you have an English? How old? Post a pic so I can show Max what his lady looks like...heh