The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 04-29-2011, 08:34 PM   #3496
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Fucking other refs begged off and left my son's university without refs for a 7's tourny. Well I guess I get to do all 12 games by myself on Sat. Sucks ass. I should be in a wheel chair by the time it is over. Rolling up and down the pitch....
Old 04-29-2011, 08:44 PM   #3497
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

It'll be good excercise. hehehe

I think you should employ the same methods on the other ref's that you used for the snake.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:50 PM   #3498
TheMercenary

I have thought about it.....
Old 04-29-2011, 10:36 PM   #3499
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

HEY! you can make snake skin cleats!!
Old 04-29-2011, 10:40 PM   #3500
TheMercenary

Quote:
Originally Posted by plthijinx View Post
HEY! you can make snake skin cleats!!
DUDE see your PM.
Old 04-29-2011, 11:03 PM   #3501
Big Sarge
Werepandas - lurking in your shadows

People who kill poor defenseless snakes. They are a vital part of our fragile ecosystem. I'm thinking about calling Peta. Serves you right if they put a half-naked girl in a cage on your front lawn to protest
Old 04-29-2011, 11:06 PM   #3502
TheMercenary

Where do I sign up? But I want to pick the woman. Don't send me a PETA POS Waif.... Ha.
Old 04-29-2011, 11:40 PM   #3503
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

lmao sarge! you're so full of it!! love the humor! hey merc! mebbe we could get angelina HOlie!
Old 04-30-2011, 01:19 AM   #3504
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sarge View Post
People who kill poor defenseless snakes are a vital part of our fragile ecosystem.
Fixed it for ya
Old 05-03-2011, 10:56 AM   #3505
monster
I hear them call the tide

Someone's phone just powered down. I heard it. I could not locate it before it finished it's death throws.

1) Someone should have their phone with them, they are attending afterschool activities and need to have a telephonic communication device with them for purposes of communication with their transportation provider aka the mother ship

2) Someone's phone is evidently not in the plugged in position where it should be when not in their backpack/pocket

3) If I could hazard a guess as to which someone has misplaced their phone, it would do no damn because whilst I could call it because I know which number belongs to it, it won't make useful locator noises BECAUSE IT'S DEAD

4) Visual location is nigh on impossible in the jumble sale that passes for the front room/mud room/dumping ground. Chances are I'mm'a find it by stepping on it.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:03 PM   #3506
SamIam

I went to Wally World today to begin the process of replacing my camping equipment. Sticker shock big time, especially since nothing less than Coleman products will satisfy me (there's nothing worse than being stuck with defective camping gear and a 3 hour drive to civilization to replace it.

I decided that I would budget $300 smackers for such essentials as a sleeping bag good down to 20 degrees (it gets cold in the high mountains AND the desert, especially at the beginning and end of the camping season which for me runs mid May thru November). My first line necessities include a Coleman lantern with plenty of propane and extra mantles to keep it going, an air mattress with pump that can be charged on a car cig lighter, etc. It adds up fast.

I gritted my teeth and filled up my cart, along with some other just regular supplies I needed. Then I discovered that the ATM wouldn't cough up the required cash because I had withdrawn another $300 from it less than 24 hours ago to pay my rent. So, I parked my cart at customer service and made the 15 minute round trip to the bank to get my $$$. I TOLD them I'd be right back.

However, when I came back, everything had been returned to the shelves, despite their assurances that they would hold it for me. I didn't have the energy to repeat my trip through the store yet again, so I stomped off and came home with nothing after all that effort. I HATE Wally World!
SamIam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 10:02 AM   #3507
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Sam, those vests they wear that read "How may I help you?" on the back? They don't mean that!

What a pain.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 01:30 AM   #3508
SamIam

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite monkey View Post
Sam, those vests they wear that read "How may I help you?" on the back? They don't mean that!

What a pain.
I checked out Amazon and they have far more variety, plus customer reviews, plus prices the same or LOWER than Walhole, plus super-saving shipping which gives me free shipping.

So, I ordered my preliminary list of camping must-haves from the comfort and convenience of my own home. Take THAT you Chinese so-called capitalists!
SamIam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 07:13 AM   #3509
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIam View Post
I checked out Amazon and they have far more variety, plus customer reviews, plus prices the same or LOWER than Walhole, plus super-saving shipping which gives me free shipping.

So, I ordered my preliminary list of camping must-haves from the comfort and convenience of my own home. Take THAT you Chinese so-called capitalists!
ha HA! Take that and that and that!

Years and years ago my ex and I tried to order all our christmas presents online. It was a disaster. Online shopping now? So convenient, and they compete so I think you get pretty good service.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:20 AM   #3510
lookout123
changed his status to single

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIam View Post

If you don't mind visiting more than one place you can pick it all up for a fraction and often get superior equipment to boot. Dick's Sporting Goods has fantastic sales on equipment. Loooove our sleeping bags and they were only $20 each because they were old models.

Tags
mild cheddar