The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 08-10-2005, 03:02 PM   #1
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Would I have hated you in high school?

Be honest. What kind of high school jerk-off were you?
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 03:03 PM   #2
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Oh. FYI. I was cool.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Old 08-10-2005, 03:15 PM   #3
glatt

I was a quiet nerd. Still am.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 03:23 PM   #4
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt
I was a quiet nerd. Still am.
I call bullshit. You're a DeadHead. You're a kayake (how do you spell that?)-ing kind of guy. And, you are insufferably cute. Don't give me that crap!

—James Barrie

Old 08-10-2005, 03:34 PM   #5
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna
I call bullshit. You're a DeadHead. You're a kayake (how do you spell that?)-ing kind of guy. And, you are insufferably cute. Don't give me that crap!
Heh. I should post a picture from back then. I don't look as much like a nerd now, but I'm still one at heart.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 03:39 PM   #6
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Skinny, Blond ponytail, sideburns, spent almost all my time in the Computer Science room, had about ten of the same T-shirt and wore them all the time. You probably wouldn't have known me.

I'm the same now, but fat.
|_______________| [pics]

Last edited by Happy Monkey; 08-10-2005 at 04:06 PM.
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 03:41 PM   #7
lookout123
changed his status to single

i was two different people in high school. there was this freak farming accident that caused me to lose my memory and use of one arm... oh wait that was a movie.

freshman and soph years i was still the kid who played football, soccer, track, and wrestling. i was in honors classes. i didn't party hard myself but because i was into the underground punk/metal scene i knew those guys too. i got along with everyone, but i still thought it was important to be involved with the popular people. i came from a feeder school of only @80 people in my class to the high school with >650 in my class alone, so it was a little bit of a struggle to get to the A-list. when i finally got there i was dating one of the "popular" girls - cheerleader, etc.

we got into an argument because she wanted to go to a certain party on friday night and i didn't. i just wasn't feeling well. she was all flustered and tried explaining to me that if you don't go to the parties you won't be popular anymore because you won't be a part of the inside jokes, etc. up until then i had no idea that the ultra-popular people were so shallow that they would cast out one of their own for missing a party.

that conversation really changed a lot for me.

i told her to piss off and enjoy her party and her friends, i didn't need them. i quit sports and took on more hours at work so i could have more cash. i didn't go to another party until graduation week.

as a result of telling the popular people to F off - i was catapulted to the tops of their ranks. the more i didn't hang out with them, the more they asked me to. i hung out with my punk skater friends from other cities and dated girls from other schools. i didn't find out until almost graduation time that it was a sign of being "cool" to actually get me to hang out someone outside of school. fucking losers.

i was a kid who didn't care about the games and really really just enjoyed my life and my real friends and as a result i, apparently, gained the popularity they were climbing all over eachother to maintain.
Old 08-10-2005, 03:47 PM   #8
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Let's see...back then, I had long hair, chased girls, enjoyed nakedness, played guitars, listened to loud music, enjoyed wasting lots of time reading interesting things, watching movies and being outdoors, I was completely irresponsible, used substances like there was no tomorrow, and was completely self-centered.

Now, I don't use substances like there was no tomorrow.
Old 08-10-2005, 03:49 PM   #9
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

lookout--I knew I loved you...you were the Incredibly Smart Alternative Dude!

I've been to meetings you know--the kind that shall not be spoken of--and I see a freaking load of ex-cheerleaders and ex-Flag girls at them (we called them Lancerettes because we were the Mighty Knights)--It makes me wonder if I wasn't a cheerleader-type after all!

*I so wasn't. I used black eye-liner in a criminal way...but, still...one hopes*

Elspode--I'm sure I dated you!!

—James Barrie

Old 08-10-2005, 03:56 PM   #10
marichiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspode
Let's see...back then, I had long hair, chased girls, enjoyed nakedness, played guitars, listened to loud music, enjoyed wasting lots of time reading interesting things, watching movies and being outdoors, I was completely irresponsible, used substances like there was no tomorrow, and was completely self-centered.

Now, I don't use substances like there was no tomorrow.
LOL, Patrick! We come from the same era. Here's the feminine version: Back then, I had long hair, tried to get guys to chase me (and was confused when they DID), enjoyed nakedness, listened to people playing guitars, enjoyed wasting lots of time reading interesting things, watching movies and cutting class to be outdoors. I was completely irresponsible, but waited until college to begin using substances like there was no tomorrow, and I was completely self centered.

Now, I don't throw away my tomorrows for the sake of today's substances.
Old 08-10-2005, 04:35 PM   #11
mrnoodle
bent

I looked like I should've been the bookworm. Poor vision, hair parted on the side, bad taste in clothing. However, I was a complete slacker. I had very few casual acquaintances, but a few good friends. No parties, no sports, half my time in detention, low self-esteem. People liked me well enough, but I had issues.

I also had this sneering arrogant loathing of people who identified themselves by the group they hung out with, and deliberately refused to dress like any of em -- metalheads included. I thought everyone was a sheep. But I never told anyone.

As a result, I didn't look rebellious, but I was. I came off as the weird kid who wears his coat indoors. I didn't come out of my shell until college.
mrnoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 06:07 PM   #12
Mr.Anon.E.Mouse
Hiding behind a Belgian Chimay

I went to 5? 6? high schools. I was a complete pain in the arse. Imagine if you will...

A kid with, typically, a purple mohawk or leopard-spotted hair on the high school baseball team, sneaking cigarettes around the dugout. The jocks hated me because I was a freak, but the freaks hated the fact that i loved to play ball. Screw both of those crowds. The drugged-out kids disliked me because I got better cocaine than any of them (stolen from my mom and her 'friends') and it was all free, plus i could drink any of them under the table. The geeks liked the fact that I knew what they were talking about but hated the music I listened to. Throughout all the drugs, the baseball, and the trouble I got into in school, when I did manage to get into a class, I always scored perfect grades and the geeks liked that, too. Frankly, I lived like a rock star - sex, drug habits, and rock and roll.

So, yeah, yo would have secretly liked me, but you wouldn't want your friends to know.
"Intelligence is the capacity to receive, decode and transmit information efficiently. Stupidity is blockage of this process at any point. Bigotry, ideologies etc. block the ability to receive; robotic reality-tunnels block the ability to decode or integrate new signals; censorship blocks transmission." -Robert Anton Wilson
Mr.Anon.E.Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 06:54 PM   #13
Queen of the Ryche
is fleeing the scene

I think Mouse and Lookout and I were three incarnations of the same being - I thought I was a geek but years after found out I was considered cool. I was a Goth, Punk, Cheerleader, Band Geek, Honor Choir, Drama, Honors Classes, working class partier. I think I tried it all, and did pretty well at all of it. But always felt "different" and "unpopular". But had a lot of fun trying........

I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six.
Queen of the Ryche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 07:08 PM   #14
Griff
still says videotape

No but you probably didn't know I was there. Dark moody quiet pseudojock antisocial just marking time really hated my school did my work kept my head down... not much to like there. Eventually discovered alcohol and everything turned around. Maybe not advisable but it beats therapy.
Old 08-10-2005, 07:09 PM   #15
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

I came from junior high as an angry goth kid--in mentality only, since no way would my parents let me dress like that--which took a semester to wear off before I fully embraced my orchestra-dorkiness. Then sophomore year I got into theatre (had done it locally since I was very young but never through the school) and became entrenched in that stereotype for the rest of high school. We were an eclectic bunch, and considered ourselves sophisticated and welcoming and very non-judgmental.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote