Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 01-25-2006, 05:54 PM   #76
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

Quote:
We are not American
WE CAN TELL.

even without the quiz

Last edited by capnhowdy; 01-25-2006 at 09:11 PM.
capnhowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 09:42 PM   #77
marichiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by dov
If your were to backpack it around Europe and the world, would you put a stars and stripes or a maple leaf on your backpack? (Including the Mid East.)

Propaganda is lies. Show me where I have lied.

Its nice actually, you have given us a new and proud National Identity.

We are not American.
So, just out of idle curiosity, why did you come to an American board to bitch about the outcome of a Canadian election? Let's get real here. Its not as if Americans even KNEW you guys were having an election, never mind feeling too concerned about the results.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:46 PM   #78
dov

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim
don't try to pick a fight on an american board about how much better you are because you're canadian.
This is an American board?? OOOOOOOPSSSSS. Nevermind.
Old 01-25-2006, 11:13 PM   #79
dov

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim
dov, why don't you just be you? put your fucking flag away. tell us about yourself or your life,
I am 50. I am single. Three divorces. Three beautiful children, thank god.
I am a seeker. My best friend is my cat, pookie, I love him. I am an ok guy who thinks much too much. I am an insomniac, I power nap during the day. I am an artist, mostly sculpt, marble, steel and old rustic wood, and I am a fund raiser, just completed an exhausting campaign about a week ago. I am still burnt.

Ok cards on the table, political, social. I hate bush, for the obvious reasons, war crimes and crimes against humanity, plus destroying the economy of a country and its population I used to love. I am not one of those who white washes it and says I don’t hate Americans, it’s the American administration I hate.

I am Jewish. I am knowledgeable of the 80 million Evangelical Bacs in the States. Evangelical Bacs make up ten percent of the worlds population. They have a mission, pre, post, present, Tribulation. Most know it as the Rapture, if they know of it at all. I will skip over the day-to-day ideology and get to the meat. To ensure the second coming of their Christ, thirteen million Jews, the total population of Jews world wide, must fry to death in Israel. 144k will be saved through conversion. I hate Evangelicals, who btw, are running the white house.
I hate the neocons that are tied in with the doctrine of the Evangelicals.
I hate everyone who voted for bush. I hate everyone who could have taken the hand of his or her neighbour to the voting booth to ensure bush would not win. Five percent harder works by anybody who were aware of the monster administration in the white house would have ensured its defeat. I hate those lazy rationalizing, justifying so called lefty liberals who could have done more. The Bacs did it, knocking on doors ensuring the present administrations victory. Why didn’t the lefties knock on doors? No excuse, will be good enough for me to forgive anybody and everybody who is responsible for taking a country most of the world idealized, including me, and turned it evil.

How does that affect me? It profoundly affects me. I used to have dreams, good guys beating the bad guys, John Wayne, Jimmy Stewart, Henry Fonda, were the good guys. That fantasy is dead in me today, on an emotional level. Intellectual? Later maybe, but know I am personally affected on many levels. I am affected by your politics. The whole world is. I am pretty sure most here know the financial cost of EITHER YOUR FOR ME OR AGAINST ME. Four billion dollars cost for the illegal invasion of Iraq, a week or month. I am not sure, it’s a few bucks. I would have preferred to have been spent elsewhere. However, who am I to prefer where you spend your money, I am just a Canadian Jewish Dreamer.
One thing and one-thing matters to me, the three year old dieing of aids in Africa.

Quote:
A foundation run by former US President Bill Clinton has negotiated a deal that will cut the cost of HIV tests and Aids treatment in developing countries.
Clinton
Fallushia. She inhaled the States, Chemical Weapon, White Phosphorus, (WP), known as Willy Pete, she burnt to death burnt from the inside out.

Ask yourselves, is there anything more you could have personally done to ensure that monster would not get a second term? Let me know what you come up with please.
Old 01-25-2006, 11:23 PM   #80
dov

Quote:
Originally Posted by footfootfoot
please.

Molson? Labatt's? piss water.
Brador.
Old 01-25-2006, 11:41 PM   #81
dov

Quote:
Originally Posted by marichiko
So, just out of idle curiosity, why did you come to an American board to bitch about the outcome of a Canadian election? Let's get real here.
Conservative party won our national elections. Historically Conservatives have kissed the states ass. That is the link to my thread; all your ideology could be absorbed by our new prime minister Steven Harper. That is the motivation of this thread to explore your policies which we may adapt. It is a minority Government and most consider it relatively impotent. I am not so sure. I do not like surprises so I keep the worse case scenario open.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marichiko
Its not as if Americans even KNEW you guys were having an election, never mind feeling too concerned about the results.
Ya, the same Americans who think we live in igloos.
Old 01-26-2006, 12:03 AM   #82
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dov
I am knowledgeable of the 80 million Evangelical Bacs in the States.
Not too knowledgable. The actual number is about a quarter of that.

Quote:
The Bacs did it, knocking on doors ensuring the present administrations victory. Why didn’t the lefties knock on doors?
Politics does not work how you think it does.

I saw footage of a 24-year-old orange-hatted Howard Dean volunteer from Seattle doing door-knocking during the Iowa caucuses. It did not have the effect you think. It went a long way to explain why he came in an unexpected third place. Do not hire 24-year-old orange-hatted Seattleite to knock on doors in Iowa. You will lose.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 12:51 AM   #83
dov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad
Not too knowledgable. The actual number is about a quarter of that.
Prove me wrong.

Quote:
The number of evangelicals in the U. S. at about 25-30% of the population, or roughly between 70 and 80 million people.
http://www.wheaton.edu/isae/defining...elicalism.html
Quote:
Most scholars say the evangelical population of the United States is about 25 percent.
http://www.suntimes.com/special_sect...vangdef11.html
Quote:
Ned and about 65 million other fellow American Evangelical cultists love Jews for one simple reason: They hope to bundle every hairy Jewish ass up, air-freight them to the West Bank and East Jerusalem (once those areas have been cleansed of Muslims), and use the Jews as bait to bring upon the Rapture, as kindling in the Apocalypse, the final battle that will bring Jesus back to Earth. None of this can happen until every last Jew is penned into the occupied territories—and the Jews won't get there unless the far-right runs Israel and America. Currently 65 million American cultists are using everything in their power, from prayer to politics, to make this Helter Skelter scenario come true.

And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith Jehovah, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein. And I will bring the third part into the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried.
(Zechariah 13:8, 9)

In other words, two-thirds of the world's Jews, now crammed into the dusty West Bank, go to the woodchipper, and the surviving third (or perhaps as few as 144,000, depending on how you read your Bible) gets forcibly converted to Evangelical Christianity. Number nine, number nine…
http://www.nypress.com/17/41/news&columns/feature.cfm
Old 01-26-2006, 12:56 AM   #84
dov

Quote:
Do not hire 24-year-old orange-hatted Seattleite to knock on doors in Iowa. You will lose.
How many doors did you knock on?
Old 01-26-2006, 01:16 AM   #85
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

You asked the Evangelicals how many there are. I asked adherents.com.

http://www.adherents.com/misc/BarnaPoll.html

Evangelicals Are Scarce

All Barna Research studies define "evangelicals" as individuals who meet the born again criteria; say their faith is very important in their life today; believe they have a personal responsibility to share their religious beliefs about Christ with non-Christians; acknowledge the existence of Satan; contend that eternal salvation is possible only through God's grace, not through good deeds; believe that Jesus Christ lived a sinless life on earth; and describe God as the all-knowing, all-powerful, perfect deity who created the universe and still rules it today. In this approach, being classified as an evangelical has no relationship to church affiliation or attendance, nor does it rely upon people describing themselves as "evangelical."

This classification model indicates that only 8% of adults are evangelicals. Barna Research data show that 12% of adults were evangelicals a decade ago, but the number has dropped by a third as Americans continue to reshape their theological views.

Not surprisingly, there were only three denominations that had at least one-quarter of their adherents qualify as evangelicals: the Assemblies of God (33%), non-denominational Protestant (29%), and Pentecostal (27%) churches. One out of every seven Baptists (14%) met the evangelical classification. An unexpectedly high proportion of people associated with the Churches of Christ - 12% - fit this standard. (Barna explained that this was because a majority of the category was comprised of individuals associated with congregations not part of the United Church of Christ cluster, which tends to have very liberal interpretations of Scripture.) Churches that have the lowest proportion of adherents meeting the evangelical criteria were the Catholic, Episcopal, and Mormon churches, each of which has just 1% of its people in this category.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 01:35 AM   #86
dov

Quote:
Evangelicals Are Scarce
I would not tell a gaggle of evangelicals that.

It was a very good try. I appreciate your efforts. Thank you Undertoad.

Quote:
A widely accepted definition comes from British historian David Bebbington, who says evangelicalism has four hallmarks, namely beliefs that: lives need to be changed, the gospel needs to be actively spread, and the Bible should be held in unique regard, as well as an emphasis on the sacrifice Jesus Christ made, dying on the cross to atone for the sins of humankind.

Most scholars say the evangelical population of the United States is about 25 percent.
Evangelical
Old 01-26-2006, 02:05 AM   #87
dov

Quote:
Evangelical: "The conservative wing of Protestant Christianity comprising many denominations and other faith groups that tightly hold to historical Christian creeds, beliefs and practices." This umbrella term includes Christian Identity, Fundamentalist, Pentecostal and Reconstructionist, some Baptist, and many other faith groups.In a study comparing Evangelical and mainline denominations, a Princeton University study included the following as Evangelical denominations : Assemblies of God, Southern Baptists, Independent Baptists, black Protestants, African Methodist Episcopal, African Methodist Episcopal Zion; Church of Christ, Churches of God in Christ, Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod, National Baptist Church, National Progressive Baptist Church, Nondenominational, Pentecostal denominations, and the Presbyterian Church in America. 1 Many theologians would also include the conservative faction within such mainline denominations as the Episcopal Church, USA, the Presbyterian Church (USA), and the United Methodist Church.
Evangelical
Barna Research Ltd. They define an "evangelical" very precisely.
You chose the extreme, very good. Very precisely.
Undertoad, check out the link, it has the full range. (If You wish)
Old 01-26-2006, 02:38 AM   #88
marichiko

Quote:
Ask yourselves, is there anything more you could have personally done to ensure that monster would not get a second term? Let me know what you come up with please.
I volunteered for the democrats and went door to door in my town, trying to get out the vote for Kerry. I lost track of all the people I talked to. I put up lawn signs. I folded and distributed campaign literature. When the election judge in my Republican district informed me that my name along with those of a bunch of other registered democrats had mysteriously vanished from the registered voters' list, I kicked and screamed and forced them to give me a provisional ballot. Short of assasinating W., I don't know how much more I could have done.
Old 01-26-2006, 02:55 AM   #89
dov

marichiko, I don’t seem to be in the best of spirits presently, I am tired and its impossible to sleep. Your post lifted me. Thank you. For what it is worth, coming from an arrogant Canadian, you are a good man.
Old 01-26-2006, 02:57 AM   #90
dov

or Woman?