The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Philosophy Religions, schools of thought, matters of importance and navel-gazing

Old 10-05-2004, 05:48 PM   #16
beavis
butthead died

now why couldn't we have had these discussions in my philosophy classes...
beavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 09:58 PM   #17
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

I personally can't separate the two. For me, any perceived "skills" seem to be entirely based on my attraction in the first place. I mean, I've only ever been with one guy who was decidedly unskilled--as in, pain and discomfort for me and not one iota of enjoyment. All the others were pretty damn similar when it came right down to it--but my enjoyment of things fluctuated widely, based on my overall attraction to the person. Maybe it's just because I'm a chick and it's all mental for me anyway.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 10:20 PM   #18
marichiko

Actually, I prefer pizza! (semi-inside joke)
Old 10-06-2004, 03:16 AM   #19
Catwoman
stalking a Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by clodfobble
All the others were pretty damn similar when it came right down to it--but my enjoyment of things fluctuated widely, based on my overall attraction to the person. Maybe it's just because I'm a chick and it's all mental for me anyway.
Think there's a point there somewhere. If it's just about 'skills' you might as well wank. If not, attraction (not necessarily looks) dictates the level of (perceived) enjoyment. Maybe the better looking they are the better you think you're doing in terms of picking a better evolutionary partner - secretly you want your kids to be as successful as possible so choose a mate with the best genes (so Levis have a point).

Sorry I know that's an obvious thing to say but this is the philosophy corner...
Old 10-06-2004, 09:46 AM   #20
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

I've had great looking men who had the skill of a hyperactive bull in a china shop and not so good looking men who knocked my socks across the house.

It's not about looks vs. skill, it's about attraction AND WILLINGNESS to please.

Impotentes defendere libertatem non possunt.

"Repetition does not transform a lie into a truth."
~Franklin D. Roosevelt
OnyxCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 10:25 AM   #21
Haven
Stubbing the cigar of truth into the ashtray of your mind

What Science?

If looks were all that mattered, blind people would be incapable of erections and people at masked balls wouldn't get it on. Skill also matters very little. It is the stimulus that counts. If you are an aural person, what matters is a good voice or dulcet tones. If you are tactile, their hair, skin and body and the way it feels will matter. This all differs from person to person. The only real barometer of worth in a partner is how they make you feel. You could date the most gorgeous girl in the world and she could make you feel like shit or you could be with a fifty eight year old burn victim who cries during orgasm and feel like a million bucks. Either way, once eye contact is made and interest is established, it is simply a mix of evolutionary imperative and how special and valued they make you feel, coupled with the surprise of realising that feeling certain things for a person makes you capable of doing more than you otherwise could. Couples exist because they enable each other, not because they have killer tits or give great head.

But if she doesn't call me Daddy, no sale.
Haven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 12:21 PM   #22
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally Posted by marichiko
Keep it superficial is my motto!
Why am I not surprised?

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 12:23 PM   #23
wolf
lobber of scimitars

It's about more then either skill or looks. A lot of factors go into a good relationship, only a small part of it having to do with the physical intimacy.

My Human Sexual Behavior prof put it best ... "the most important parts of intimacy in a relationship occur above the shoulders."

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

Old 10-06-2004, 01:00 PM   #24
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf
... occur above the shoulders."
But this prof never got laid, right?
Old 10-06-2004, 01:02 PM   #25
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Actually, he was brought up on charges of sexual misconduct by several female students.

He got around ...

Old 10-06-2004, 01:04 PM   #26
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

So he was using the "below the shoulders" technique. That above the shoulders thing dint work for him either.

Sounds good though.
slang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 05:52 PM   #27
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Wolf, you know the most interesting people. But I have to agree with the guy--the only thing is, as he himself must have realized, all that mental stimulation can lead to an awakening of all the naughty bits.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 07:03 PM   #28
marichiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf
Why am I not surprised?
Oh, Wolf, stop being so predictable!
Old 10-07-2004, 12:43 AM   #29
wolf
lobber of scimitars

You first.

Old 10-07-2004, 11:54 AM   #30
marichiko

I second that! What were we talking about?