The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 10-27-2005, 02:27 AM   #31
Brett's Honey
whatever

Heyyy!! Why didn't I think of that?! Thanks! (But other people may not be thanking you!)
Brett's Honey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 02:35 AM   #32
marichiko

Coat color on cats is sex linked. Sexy cats have... No, never mind. The coat color gene is carried on the X chromosome. For anyone whose parents didn't let them take biology in high school, females are XX, males XY. Calico cats get their coat color when they have two X genes carrying the orange coat color chromosome. Shouldn't they be orange then? Nope, because in the case of two O for orange genes, something called mosaic inheritance comes into play - the fur will be orange, white, and shades in between, giving the classic calico coat. Since a male can only one X and, therefore one O gene, a male cat will never display the mosaic calico pattern EXCEPT if he is a highly unusual XXY male which can occur but the odds are something like 1 in a thousand.

By the way, Wolf, just because your Israeli friend considers cats vermin doesn't mean that cats did not originate in the Middle East. The cats probably consider her and the other humans there illegal immigrants from Africa and, thus, vermin, as well.

I'm not fond of pack rats. Doesn't mean that they didn't evolve in the Southwest.

End of science lesson. Quiz on Friday.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:03 AM   #33
Tonchi
Victim of gravity

YES to the barbs on the penis. The female is yelling for a very good reason. (Well, she's liking it too) But don't assume they are like fishhooks, ask your vet for a picture

As for all calico cats being female, it depends on what you mean by CALICO
Old 10-27-2005, 08:02 AM   #34
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Only 3% of calico's are male. The males (Toms) have barbs on their penii to stimulate the female (Queens) to ovulate at the exact time of ejaculation thus ensuring a kitten will indeed result. A Queen will conceive with every single act of copulation! That is why one Momma cat will have such a variety of kittens. Pure black, calico, white, orange, tabby's.....on and on. Every Tom she takes on will score a kitten!
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 08:18 AM   #35
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonchi
YES to the barbs on the penis. The female is yelling for a very good reason. (Well, she's liking it too) But don't assume they are like fishhooks, ask your vet for a picture ;
Or ask Google image search:
Cat Penis picture
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 10:18 AM   #36
Iggy
Back and ready to tart up the place

See, I knew you people would have all the answers!
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 11:02 AM   #37
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally Posted by marichiko

By the way, Wolf, just because your Israeli friend considers cats vermin doesn't mean that cats did not originate in the Middle East. The cats probably consider her and the other humans there illegal immigrants from Africa and, thus, vermin, as well.
I didn't say cats didn't originate in the middle east.

I said the middle east doesn't think much of them today.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 11:41 AM   #38
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

What did you mean by this, then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf
So much for the Middle East thing.
If they are thought of as vermin, then I'd think that they are doing quite well in the wild.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 02:05 PM   #39
darclauz
Breathing into a paper bag

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt
Or ask Google image search:
Cat Penis picture

i clicked on this and then i thought...AUGH! what the hell are you doing?????????????

it's time to update my resume. when you're following cat penis spine links instead of giving it up and getting back to work, it's time to look for a more challenging jobs.

it's these blinding flashes of the obvious that really muck up my day.
Old 10-27-2005, 02:47 PM   #40
glatt

I always wondered about the cat penis thing myself. It seems to me that it would be a very bad idea to have spines in such a location. But there are, so it must actually be a good idea. There certainly are a lot of cats around.

Anyway, I wondered about it the few times I heard about it in the past, but never found myself sitting in front of Google when it came up. This time I was.

I honestly think you are a better person for having clicked on that link. You had a quest for knowledge. You learned something. And you were able to save time gaining that knowledge because someone else posted the link for you.

Sure, on the surface, clicking links to pictures of cat penises sounds bad. But it's really not. You are a student of life, trying to learn as much about the world around you that you can. You should embrace a job that lets you do that. Slacker.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 03:28 PM   #41
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

why doesn't anyone believe me about cat penii?
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 05:56 PM   #42
Iggy
Back and ready to tart up the place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna
why doesn't anyone believe me about cat penii?

Well, I didn't believe the person that orginally told me either so don't feel bad. It is just hard to believe that there would be barbs on any creature's penii, I mean, isn't copulation supposed to be fun?
Old 10-27-2005, 06:00 PM   #43
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Barbed for her pleasure.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 06:01 PM   #44
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

no... copulation is 'posed to make babies. "fun" is just the bait on the hook so to speak. and the barbs help seal the deal.

I have often wondered about what it's supposed to be and what the motivations for it are.
Old 10-27-2005, 06:03 PM   #45
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

I'm frankly surprised that some adult toy company hasn't come up with a version of this for extreme bondage play.