The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 10-01-2003, 01:16 PM   #61
darclauz
Breathing into a paper bag

Quote:
Originally posted by dave
darclauz was a ballbag when she got here
AUGH! (clutching my heart)

that's who i am in real life. i just fake this other personality in the hopes that bruce will flirt with me.
Old 10-01-2003, 01:24 PM   #62
dave

Hehe.

(I think that's what I wound up really liking about her - her sense of humor. That's the quickest way to win friends - make them laugh.)
Old 10-01-2003, 01:51 PM   #63
daniwong
Vice-President of Resentment

Quote:
Originally posted by xoxoxoBruce
Ok - this is my point. Its not that I hate the female gender - far from it. I am very proud to be the woman that I am. I don't have to use stupid little airhead responses to shit. I am intelligent. If I don't know about something or how to do something, I have the balls to say I don't and I ask to learn. SNIP

Balls? Interesting choice of terms considering balls is universally considered male. Anyone with the nerve, guts, steel, bravery or whatever is attributed with a male trait. Latent sexism?
I know it is - it is ironic that I use it like that. Thats why I used it. Now figured out that scewed logic!!!
Old 10-01-2003, 05:34 PM   #64
LUVBUGZ
Not aging gracefully.

Quote:
Originally posted by darclauz
(snip) If ya leave him alone, he'll leave you alone. He's not attacking you out of nowhere...read back & you'll see. In virtually every case, it's a response of some kind. Rise above..you can do it!! (snip) But yer best bet is put the stick away and quit poking UT.
I have tried to leave him alone, but he keeps popping up when I'm having a dialog with someone else and starts up with me again. In this thread for example he posts,

Stop, stop, please for the love of fucking christ stop.

Not every thread is about you.

This thread is about the "whole battle of the sexes thing". The Cellar is all about venting and ranting about such things. That is what we do here. It doesn't matter if nothing is going to change.

The Cellar is not about you and your needs. You will not find what you're looking for here. I suggest you move on.

There are many message boards that you would find much more up your alley, many with friendlier people than us. This is the Internet, there must be a million of them."

Do I not have the right to correct him by pointing out (w/ proof and documentation) that this thread was indeed directed at me or at least was about me in some degree? Am I not allowed to defend myself from him? Am I not allowed to respond to his posts to or about me? I don't want to continue the back and forth crap with him, but it keeps coming up where ever I go. I am fine with leaving him alone if he would leave me alone. I'm not trying to win over his friendship, that's fine if he doesn't like me. I have been attempting to "rise above it" as you suggest, but how can I when this crap keeps popping up when I'm off somewhere talking about something that doesn't even have anything to do with him and there it is more crap?

Mama Loves You Baby Girl ~ May You Rest In Peace
LUVBUGZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 05:41 PM   #65
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

Any body got some cheese to go with her whine ?????
Old 10-01-2003, 08:57 PM   #66
darclauz
Breathing into a paper bag

Quote:
Originally posted by LUVBUGZ
Do I not have the right to correct him by pointing out (w/ proof and documentation) that this thread was indeed directed at me or at least was about me in some degree? Am I not allowed to defend myself from him?
I tried, UT. Do yer damndest.
Old 10-01-2003, 09:33 PM   #67
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally posted by Whit
      That line served no purpose other than to introduce and ingratiate you to her. In other words, flirt. Your just such a dirty old man you can't tell the difference between flirting and talking anymore. Here's how to tell, if it's something you wouldn't say to a guy in a similar circumstance, it's probably flirting. This isn't always accurate but it's pretty close.
      On the subject of flirting, a friend of mine once said it's the perfect form of communication. It's easy, there's no commitment, makes people feel good and nobody gets hurt. Another imperfect, yet interesting thought. It is pretty true if things never get past flirting.
      Now to catch up on the rest of this thread...
Whit, your full of shit.
I don't need an introduction as I've posted in most of OM's threads.
Ingratiate? Far from it. I was in the middle of a scathing post because I've seen so many women like that when it occurred to me she was being sarcastic.
So instead I replied in kind:
"Uh, no.." (questions)
"......I think that's perfectly clear.." (What kind of bitch was being characterized)
"...and proof." (That attitude is common enough to be anecdotal)
And it ended with a not a
If my desire to be brief resulted in an unclear post, then that's my mistake. If you don't understand the post, ignore it or question me. But don't make assumptions about my motives because (in my best female latin voice) Jou done know me.
Old 10-02-2003, 12:09 AM   #68
Whit
Umm ... yeah.

Bruce, sorry 'bout the smilie replacement. It didn't copy with the rest and I re-added the wrong one.
      You are right in that I don't know you. In my defense though, you are a well known flirt around here. You should understand that's going to paint the way people see your post's. I may have miscalled, but I submit that it was not without reason.
      Anyway, simmer down, relax. Sorry if I made a bad call this time.
      By the by, what about the rest of the quoted post? Was all of it "full of shit?" I really feel pretty solid about the flirting part. Heck, I'm a bit of a flirt myself. For the very reason stated.
      Let me know if we're cool and can go back to being the last two people on a dead thread, passing jokes between us or if you're really pissed, just so I know.
Old 10-02-2003, 04:07 AM   #69
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Of course we're cool. This is America where free speech abounds without bounds.
The rest of the post is pretty much on. I flirt with half the hetro guys I know because it makes them laugh. It's funny though my only real close male friend is a homophobe and can't stand it. His wife and I were kidding him about it the other night.
Old 10-02-2003, 08:38 AM   #70
EdZachary
Abhorrent Aberrant

Quote:
Originally posted by Whit
...On the subject of flirting, a friend of mine once said it's the perfect form of communication. It's easy, there's no commitment, makes people feel good and nobody gets hurt. Another imperfect, yet interesting thought. It is pretty true if things never get past flirting
Not really 'perfect' as flirting is filled with mixed messages. The flirtee may know they're being thought of as attractive, but have no idea what the flirter's real intentions are.
And that nobody gets hurt is not necessarily true. Consider the spouse/girlfriend that walks in at just the right moment and misinterprets that double entendre you just let fly.
EdZachary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 12:30 PM   #71
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

Re: Women like that

Quote:
I'm rereading some of our more.....emotional posts, and it occurs to me that some women are more prone to have those southern belle vapors than others. I had a friend who used to simper on a regular basis. She was the one who had to banter with all the men-- had to be friends, had to be lovers. Above all, she had to have all the attention focused on her.

(snip)

Ever run across one of these women? And what's the difference between the flesh and the Cellar? Seems like LB would get more play in real life than she gets here. Or is that just me?
I don't think UT should be jumping in Luv's shit on this one. She was directly referenced in the post. Whenever I am directly referenced, I feel compelled to answer it. I probably would do it in a different way than Luv does, but I would still answer it. I haven't seen the whore comment, but then, I don't lurk on all threads, either.

Impotentes defendere libertatem non possunt.

"Repetition does not transform a lie into a truth."
~Franklin D. Roosevelt
OnyxCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 05:03 PM   #72
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:

AUGH! (clutching my heart)

that's who i am in real life. i just fake this other personality in the hopes that bruce will flirt with me.
But Sweetheart, you know I'll always cherish those stolen moments. That cute little grunting noise you make and...OH, remember when the cop knocked on the window. But alas, it can not be, for my heart belongs to Dr Wolf.

OK Whit, you're on.
Old 10-02-2003, 05:07 PM   #73
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

I'm hurt, Bruce. Really hurt. I thought your heart belonged to me!!

~Franklin D. Roosevelt
Old 10-02-2003, 05:57 PM   #74
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

You've been in my bed then married someone else within weeks.
How does that make me look?
Old 10-02-2003, 06:00 PM   #75
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

Lucky?

~Franklin D. Roosevelt