The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 01-30-2009, 12:36 PM   #136
sir john
Regulator of Squalor

thank you thank you, hits the spot nicely
sir john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 01:19 PM   #137
Dr Livingstoned
Questionist

Dr Livingstoned's Journal:

Week two:

After passing out due to sunstroke, brought on by being out in the noon day sun, I have awoken to find my good friends and colleagues Sir John & Sir Nigel have found my base camp! It would appear that they were chased out of "Free Thinker" territory by a rabid band of crazed Reptiod worshiping natives. . . I only hope that they have lost the scent.

I rejoice heartily, for to stave off starvation, I had already eaten my boots, three of my toes and my left ear!

With them they are sure to have brought supplies of Tea & kippers. I only hope that there will be jam today ...

I feel, that after I have broke my fast, I will strike out to some of the deeper threads here, to see if I can find any ancient temples, treasures or lost tribes.

My colleagues inform me that the natives seem quite friendly, although, they may be predisposed to cannibalism. Good thing I already ate my pack boy.

Today I found and skinned four monkeys, so as to have some serviceable tea cups to go with poor Yolamba's skull. It's not exactly china, but it is bone.

God save the Queen!
Dr Livingstoned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 01:26 PM   #138
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

good thing we have infinite monkies
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 01:30 PM   #139
sir john
Regulator of Squalor

i understand the monkey round these parts is quite tasty
Old 01-30-2009, 01:34 PM   #140
madjack
Rapscallion

Journal Entry
Alas, Sir John, Sir Nigel, and Dr Livingstoned have been spotted at the base camp and it's bloody well about time. After wading through the jungle of the internet to arrive at the cellar, I was glad to find it a decent place (I was half expecting an S&M site).

Setting off to study the natives (Wink, Wink, Nod, Nod)

Tally Ho!
Attached Images

Old 01-30-2009, 01:59 PM   #141
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally Posted by madjack View Post
I was glad to find it a decent place (I was half expecting an S&M site).

Only on occasion.

And we usually clearly label our indecencies, so they can be found more easily with the internal search engine.

We are friendly and helpful natives. And we shall ply you with whisky.

Good whisky.

The managment is not responsible for anything that may happen to explorers who accept the offers of fine whisky in large quantities.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 01:59 PM   #142
sir john
Regulator of Squalor

i have only managed a rudimentary map having spent most of my time here so far dealing with pressing matters of survival and chatting with natives but some things of interest,
Latin phrases http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=19379
philosophy http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=25 an area that warrants some investigation and contribution
puns http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=18762
funny British place names http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=19349
and internet http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=8
NSFW http://www.cellar.org/showthread.php?t=19150

Last edited by sir john; 01-30-2009 at 02:26 PM.
Old 01-30-2009, 02:42 PM   #143
Merrick
Kinda New Member

Through dangers untold and hardships unnumbered, etc., I have finally reached this camp, too. A little bit later, perhaps, than the more experienced explorers among Dr. Livingstoned's honoured colleagues, but forgive me; I am only a beginner in practicing the fine profession of safaris.

Anyhow, I have been wandering around the places here, and your lands don't seem to be near as horrible as many of the things I have encountered during my journeys. I shall ponder the decision of whether I should run screaming away, frightened by the cannibalism and lack of S&M, back into the jungles, or not.

They have the Internet here? How curious.

Oh, I guess I shall stay, but I need a funney hat too.
Merrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 02:53 PM   #144
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

ah...synergy. how about a tour guide to the cellar thread?
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 04:03 PM   #145
LabRat
twatfaced two legged bumhole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merrick View Post
Oh, I guess I shall stay, but I need a funney hat too.
Just as long as it's not as asshat, you are welcome to stay as long as you like.

:: offers the seat next to her ::
Old 01-30-2009, 04:21 PM   #146
Sir Nigel
Alphabetarian

Hallooo, fellows! I seem to have fallen into a bit of quicksand, but quick thinking and a large stick helped get me out. Trust me, usually my large stick stick gets me INTO trouble more often than out of it, ho ho!
Sir Nigel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 04:35 PM   #147
glatt

Say no more, say no more!!
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 06:24 PM   #148
zenarchist.swordsman
Provocateur

Journal Entry, Chaos 27, YOLD 3175:

Mid Morning. Having awoken from my morning meditations, I find that basecamp has been deserted. The Mad Philosopher tribe has retreated into the jungle, and the remains of the campfire flicker in the early morning light. There appears to be the decapitated, barbecued, and picked clean corpse of one of the porters next to the fire-pit. An arrow drawn in the dirt points the way into jungle. I can see by the multiple tracks that not all of our safari had left in that direction. I will set out into the jungle after practicing the sword-forms.

The Tengu are reminding me that today is ChaoSloth, the Sloth Day in the middle of the Season of Chaos. I must remember to practice Slack(Wu Wei), while tracking my party in honor of this Holy Day.

Journal Entry, Chaos 29, YOLD 3175:

Early Evening. I have wandered through this choking jungle for two days since the Safari was scattered near the Mad Philosopher tribe. The calls of the Pterodactyls have been growing nearer, and nearer. I do not know if the Safari was scattered due to yet another Pterodactyl attack, if it was a strategy to avoid their aerial patrols, or if Uday had stampeded the elephants.... again, and the crew are out chasing our luggage... again. There have been faint signs of human activity in the jungle for the last few hours, so I may be approaching another tribe's territory. But why would some-one decapitate four monkeys, and then just leave the bodies to the scavengers? I must press on.

Journal Entry, Chaos 30, YOLD 3175:

Early Afternoon. Astounding! I have followed the tracks in the jungle to a large clearing dominated by an immense spur of rock in the center. There appears to be a large, well weathered, oaken cellar-door inset into the middle of the west face. I will conceal myself in one of the nearby trees and sharpen my blade until I learn more about this interesting feature.
zenarchist.swordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 06:45 PM   #149
sir john
Regulator of Squalor

wink wink nudge nudge,

oh drat you have gone and made me spill my tea
Old 01-30-2009, 06:47 PM   #150
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Read the leaves. The gods have a message in your tea leaves, you know.