The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Philosophy Religions, schools of thought, matters of importance and navel-gazing

Old 12-20-2013, 07:37 AM   #16
JBKlyde
Banned

find out you might be surprized
JBKlyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 09:37 AM   #17
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Duplicate

Last edited by Sundae; 12-20-2013 at 09:58 AM.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 09:58 AM   #18
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Now you see I really don't know how to address this.
I don't think a reasoned debate will help, which is not a comment on JK's mental processes, just an honest observation of how other reasoned posts have been dealt with.

I vehemently disagree with so many opinions expressed as truths by JK, but I don't feel I can express my own distaste, because I do know that JK has mental health issues. So Although sometimes I feel angry, I can't deal with it the way I usually would, which is to argue, take time out to calm down, come back and reason, be logical etc.

I also believe everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but there is a time and a place to express that opinion. I hate that the little coffee shop I frequent every day harbours someone who in my mind is spewing hatred. But then I hate the ban hammer too; because we're robust enough as a community to deal with different opinions. But then

But surely only reasoned ones?
Or is that the road to hell?

I'm worried I might have to surrender my bleeding-heart liberal passport. See, it can't be worth much if I am getting this riled.
Old 12-20-2013, 10:09 AM   #19
glatt

Yeah. I don't know what to do with JBK or even if we have to do anything.

I assumed nobody was taking his posts seriously. Actually, maybe "seriously" is the wrong word. I assumed nobody was placing value in his posts.

I'd love for him to get better. To work with his doctors, and stay on his meds. His thought processes are broken. Are we doing him a favor by being a place where he can post, and occasionally someone will try to steer him in the right direction? Or is this bad for him? Is it bad for us?

JBK, what do you think? Do you ever see the crazy in your posts?
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 10:56 AM   #20
JBKlyde
Banned

There's the old DON-KEY-HO-TA comming back into play.. look I am dealing with a higher state if reality than you people.. all my Illness is is "BIPOLAR" it's not even really skitzo.. I tried to be nice and generous and that's when they started shoving all these meds down the back of my throat. I tried to dream the impossible dream and they told me to wake up from this "fanasty land" now instead of being a geothermal engineer like I set out to be I am liveing in crack nigger town getting my ass kicked asking for a ciggerett.. YOU CANT HANDLE REALITY and when the foking russian nazi chinnesse start pissing in your BIBLES that they print for us and suddenly we think New YORK is Babylon don't say MIKE D IS KING cause it was all just a low budget bullshit movie to begin with.
Old 12-20-2013, 11:08 AM   #21
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Yeah. I'm backing away now.

I don't think anything needs to be done.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 01:40 PM   #22
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae View Post
Now you see I really don't know how to address this.
I don't think a reasoned debate will help, which is not a comment on JK's mental processes, just an honest observation of how other reasoned posts have been dealt with.

I vehemently disagree with so many opinions expressed as truths by JK, but I don't feel I can express my own distaste, because I do know that JK has mental health issues. So Although sometimes I feel angry, I can't deal with it the way I usually would, which is to argue, take time out to calm down, come back and reason, be logical etc.

I also believe everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but there is a time and a place to express that opinion. I hate that the little coffee shop I frequent every day harbours someone who in my mind is spewing hatred. But then I hate the ban hammer too; because we're robust enough as a community to deal with different opinions. But then

But surely only reasoned ones?
Or is that the road to hell?

I'm worried I might have to surrender my bleeding-heart liberal passport. See, it can't be worth much if I am getting this riled.
I feel like we have to call him out occasionally because spewing hate unchecked isn't helping him or the cellar. I will also walk away.
Old 12-20-2013, 03:42 PM   #23
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Apart from that last little bit, I find myself in agreement with sexobon. I hadn't really considered how this stuff would appear to visitors or potential new members.

Would it practical to censor the particularly offensive terms?
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 03:55 PM   #24
glatt

That's a lot of work, and requires a judgement call on what is tolerable. If I had to go performing surgery on his posts routinely, I'd rather just ban him. But I don't really want to ban him. He's not a troll or spammer.
Old 12-20-2013, 04:04 PM   #25
Nirvana
Back in 10

I think love thy neighbor pretty much trumps all those things JBK
Old 12-20-2013, 04:39 PM   #26
JBKlyde
Banned

i think that's as hallarious as hell you should see the other 2 they don't even resemble me..
Old 12-20-2013, 04:42 PM   #27
JBKlyde
Banned

love in an attempt to convert.. and i love enough to be brutaltiy honest and lay the facts across the board as i see fit... you can lie all you want to these fags but when you are burning in hell with them for not warning them that there eternal soul is at risk lets see who get's the pie in the sky then.

and by the way thats a resisting without violence and steal food.. the only charge i plead guilty for and i paid Back 30 thousand dollars in "fictions reality" for it
Old 12-20-2013, 04:47 PM   #28
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
That's a lot of work, and requires a judgement call on what is tolerable. If I had to go performing surgery on his posts routinely, I'd rather just ban him. But I don't really want to ban him. He's not a troll or spammer.
Then put his posts in queue, subject to approval, like we used to do with new users. Make him wait as the price to pay for using hate language detrimental to The Cellar. Let HIM figure out what was wrong with his posts if they don't make it to the public board. That way no one outside of Cellar administration sees them to contest your judgment calls and those calls will be greatly simplified to Pass-Fail. Either an entire post is acceptable; or, none of it is. He'll have the opportunity to redo every one of them as many times as he likes to get them to Pass. You're going to read them all anyway; so, you might as well do it on the moderators' board first and avoid all this crap. Be flexible and lift the queue during periods of improvement.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 04:58 PM   #29
JBKlyde
Banned

if it gets to the point where you are just hijacking me I'll just leave in AMERICA we have this thing called freedom of speech...

http://spunkmouth.com/
Old 12-20-2013, 05:23 PM   #30
glatt

Maybe you should stop the bigoted hateful speech.