Old 06-10-2009, 05:04 PM   #31
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Well said Queenie.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 06:05 PM   #32
monster
I hear them call the tide

Thanks. And thank goodness it's OK because I just can't do the gushy thing. I took her for her day after shot today. It hurt. She's very tired and wobbly, but the drugs are keeping the nausea at bay. Neither of us wear make-up much but she asked me to take her to a hair/make-up for chemo people thing next week. I'm going, of course, but I half suspect she's doing it just to see exactly what awful things I'll do when she plays the C card . (No, really she wants me to keep the gushing sharers at bay and stop them making her look like Barbie on Crack when she's too weak to say Stop! I think she's going because the workshop is there and sometimes you can't predict what help you're going to need to feel good.
Old 06-10-2009, 06:07 PM   #33
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Monster - keep up the good work. I'm not a make-up person either, but it can be fun to experiment (even under these awful circumstances). I know you'll help your friend to have fun with the possibilities.
Hugs to you!
Old 06-11-2009, 10:12 AM   #34
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Monsta = a good friend to have.
Old 06-11-2009, 10:41 AM   #35
Queen of the Ryche
is fleeing the scene

perhaps start the search for cool scarves or hats - a friend of mine did the whole scarf thing, and they looked great on her, but were hard to find. don' tknow if she'd want a wig - might want to start looking for that too, cuz they're doubly hard to find.
Ooh! She could join you and Cherry in the crazy color crowd! How fun!

I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six.
Queen of the Ryche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:14 PM   #36
monster

She already has hats and is knitting caps. no scarves and definitely no Cranial Prosthetics (srsly, it's the pc way to say w-i-g, i saw it on a cancer website). I suggested she should knit a hat that looks like a huge boob....
Old 06-11-2009, 12:15 PM   #37
Queen of the Ryche
is fleeing the scene

nice.....I always said if it happened to me I'd wear a red bandana and an eye patch........

I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six.
Queen of the Ryche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:21 PM   #38
monster

ooh, i must suggest that. In fact maybe I will get her those very items. And a gold earring. She already poo-pooed my idea of loaning her the kids' dress-up hat collection. Court Jester one day, British bobby the next....
Old 06-11-2009, 01:03 PM   #39
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

I got great, awesome scarves from TLC. They were the big kind that you could tie like a gypsy. Beautiful, hand-printed designs, too. TLC is a catalogue for ca pts. bet her dr's office has it.

Look Good Feel Better - is a place where they show you how to not look so...cancer-y. I was so sick, though, i didn't really much care how I looked...but after loosing eyebrows AND lashes, you do tend to look like a melon. Featureless. it's depressing. at least it was for me.

Best to her, god love her.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 01:08 PM   #40
monster

Thanks for the advice, Bri. She's getting ACT, by the way.
Old 06-11-2009, 01:12 PM   #41
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Adriamycin and Cytoxan and Taxol?

I had Taxol (or Taxotere) first then the AC. It was a reverse order. They usually do AC first and THEN the Taxol.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Old 06-11-2009, 01:17 PM   #42
monster

AC then T, yes
Old 06-11-2009, 02:57 PM   #43
Pie
Gone and done

Yes, the big C is good for lots of acronyms.

Oh, and btw, Fuck Cancer.
Old 06-12-2009, 02:25 PM   #44
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

the AC didn't bother me too much - was not nauseated more than on T.

it was the Taxotere that caused me problems. Bone pain, horrible, horrible bone pain. and even water tasted nasty.

—James Barrie

Old 06-13-2009, 06:10 PM   #45
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
She already has hats and is knitting caps. no scarves and definitely no Cranial Prosthetics (srsly, it's the pc way to say w-i-g, i saw it on a cancer website). I suggested she should knit a hat that looks like a huge boob....
Monster, if your friend is a member of Ravelry (knitting online community) there are patterns there that could be adapted to boob hats. If not, I'm happy to adapt something for her, if you let me know what level of [knitting] skills she has.
All the best to you and her!