Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 08-22-2005, 10:53 AM   #16
Hobbs
Professor for the school of ass-clownery

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce
I didn't see either one of those things in the pictures.
I'm really not referring to the photos but what awaits you on this link. Everyone knows that China's human rights are natoriously atrocious. It seems that they are a little less forgiving when it comes to dissadence/criminals/people-thinking-outside-the-Chineese-takeout-box.
Old 08-24-2005, 05:39 PM   #17
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbane Guerrilla
Communist Chinese executions number over fourteen million total since 1949, I hear. I also hear the man in front of the tank has been among those shot. For blocking traffic. One day this martyr will have his own postage stamp -- denominated in yuan.

They are probably still indulging in the noxious Commie habit of billing the condemneds' families for the cost of the cartridges. And do they overcharge?

This is the kind of thing I take up arms against -- overdoing it on the death penalty. Well, Radar? Where do you move against these excesses?
Well then, let's start WW III over hearsay, rumor and urban legend.
Old 08-24-2005, 05:43 PM   #18
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbs
I'm really not referring to the photos but what awaits you on this link. Everyone knows that China's human rights are natoriously atrocious. It seems that they are a little less forgiving when it comes to dissadence/criminals/people-thinking-outside-the-Chineese-takeout-box.
Granted, China's reputation on our notion of what human rights should be, is not good. But I see nothing wrong with the pictures, that started this thread, by themselves.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:34 AM   #19
Hobbs
Professor for the school of ass-clownery

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce
Granted, China's reputation on our notion of what human rights should be, is not good. But I see nothing wrong with the pictures, that started this thread, by themselves.
Granted. I wasn't commenting on the pictures themselves, but on a link given up by Radar. Wouldn't be the first time someone in this group commented on a auxilary comment within a thread. As for the pictures themselves, your right, I see nothing wrong with them. No human rights violations here, just an oversized group of Chineese military/law enforcment officers and the wholesale execution of criminals/enemies of the state.
Old 08-26-2005, 11:55 AM   #20
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I can't comment on the link since I can't read it. I'm not even sure it's Chinese. It could be descriptions of Jap tactics in Nanking for all I know.
The pictures show efficient public executions of what, three people? Hardly wholesale compared to public hangings we've had here, where they'd do 6 or 8 at a time.
What I read is a bunch of preconceived notions and biases about unexplained and undated pictures. I choose not to ride that bandwagon.
Old 08-28-2005, 04:57 AM   #21
xker
Lead Subordinate

The first line of the sign(woman on right) is "murderer",the second line is her name.The sign on the truck we can see said "criminal gang",the whole sentence should be "beat criminal gang stoutly",so I guess they are mobsters.

The links are from Falun Dafa's website,notorious in China.I have got so many junk mails from them and was really bothered.

Some article from the site:

minghui.org/mh/articles/2005/8/26/109168.html :
Narrater's 83 years old mother was diagnosed the illness as terminal lung cancer 3 years ago.he thought the doctors could do nothing to save her life,so he brought her home from the hospital and ask her watching video tapes of Falun Dafa 3-4 hours every day(yes,just watching),6 days after,his mother lustrated the cancer by dejecta and now lives in the world healthily.

minghui.org/mh/articles/2005/8/23/108964.html :
An engineer worshipped other buddhas,so he got an ahrimans around him,caught hold of his foot and shook his body,twisted his face when he look into the mirror.Some one suggested him to learn Falun Dafa,and then ahrimans gone.

minghui.org/mh/articles/2005/8/25/109043.html :
This practicer described the ghosts he saw in another space-time when practicing.

minghui.org/mh/articles/2005/3/28/98273.html :
About 40 people were practicing near a telegraph pole about 10000V,suddenly the pole broke by accident and electrical wires fell on there bodys.Sparks,detonations,cloth burned to reticulation,but no one hurt.

English version of the site:www.clearwisdom.net

Canards and exaggerations can't be helpful,they just destroy other people's efforts.

Last edited by xker; 08-28-2005 at 05:04 AM.
xker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 08:18 AM   #22
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Thanks xker, and welcome to the Cellar.
It appears the Falun Dafa is the Chinese version the Tom Cruise gang.
Old 08-29-2005, 01:34 AM   #23
xker
Lead Subordinate

In fact,I had never heard about Falun before the government declared the transgressing of it on TV(situation may differrent in different areas),and most people had no idea about it too as I know.When the government said Falun practicers publicizing that Falun can cure any illness by practicing and therefore many disciples refuse to see doctor,I was a little sceptical,but after getting their junk emails(still 2-5 one week now) and visited their website,I start to believe what the government said.
Most people I know think Falun is fatuous now,we scarcely ever talk about it because it's really a bored topic.

Last edited by xker; 08-29-2005 at 01:36 AM.
xker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 06:38 PM   #24
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

It would appear that knowledge is their biggest enemy.
The government making people aware makes it harder for them to recruit people because like you say, people have talked to others about it.