The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Old 12-09-2005, 04:34 PM   #31
lawman
unerringly questioning

rather disappointing results from images.google:

http://images.google.com/images?q=%2...=Search+Images

I mean really, if you say you're gonna get nekkid for a cause...
lawman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 12:43 PM   #32
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman
rather disappointing results from images.google:

http://images.google.com/images?q=%2...=Search+Images

I mean really, if you say you're gonna get nekkid for a cause...
Maybe Playboy will do a 'Women of PETA' spread for you.
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 10:59 PM   #33
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff
We were cracking on my sister-in-law for her 30 dollar per month auto payment to PETA. Pete says "It could go to a worse outfit". I asked, "Like who?" She says, "Al Queda."
^5 to Pete! That is hilarious. (she was being sarcastic right? I hope)
Old 12-11-2005, 02:06 AM   #34
SmurfAbuser
Simulated Simulacrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karenv
Well not only do they kill lots of animals, donated by people who expect that an animal rights group is a group that has a no-kill policy, .
If you expect that any of the major animal rights groups has a "no-kill" policy, you haven't done your homework. Neither the HSUS nor the ASPCA is no-kill, either. Approximately 4 million cats and dogs are euthanized every year in the U.S.--there are simply too many of them. No-kill shelters look great on paper, but with huge numbers like that, they don't work. I volunteered at a county-run shelter for years. If a 10-year-old, agressive shepherd mix with health problems comes in, he is not going to get adopted. If 200 kittens come in in one week, they are all not going to get adopted, either. Sad but true, they will be euthanized when their five days are up, and the same probably holds true for the animals PETA, the HSUS and the ASPCA take in. It's not the shelter's fault, it's the fault of people who keep breeding animals and treat them like disposable objects.

Not to bum everybody out or get on a soapbox, but as someone who has been in the trenches, it's pretty easy to point fingers at those who are forced to do society's dirty work.
SmurfAbuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 07:34 AM   #35
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

like I said.... they don't kill, they euthanize. In their stupid little world there's a major difference.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:28 AM   #36
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmurfAbuser
snip~~ Sad but true, they will be euthanized when their five days are up, and the same probably holds true for the animals PETA, the HSUS and the ASPCA take in. ~~snip
Everything you say is true. BUT, PETA was picking up healthy animals, killing (euthanizing) them in the pick-up van and dropping them in dumpsters. This was a pair of PETA's home base workers.

The people that work for PETA are, for the most part, genuinely passionate about the welfare of the animals. They volunteer or work for little money to try to make a difference.
The problem is the organization is rotten at the core. The people at the top are about money, violence, imposing their views on everyone at any cost.
The warm and fuzzy save the puppies and kitties image they promote is a sham. The real agenda is to make everyone a vegetarian with no pets….no matter who gets hurt.
Old 12-11-2005, 11:15 AM   #37
SmurfAbuser
Simulated Simulacrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce
Everything you say is true. BUT, PETA was picking up healthy animals, killing (euthanizing) them in the pick-up van and dropping them in dumpsters. This was a pair of PETA's home base workers.
Yeah, I did hear about that incident, and it's inexcusable. I'm not here to try to defend PETA (I don't have time for that!), but I highly doubt that it is their written policy to euthanize animals in vans and dump them dumpsters. They're not that stupid, nor in my opinion, are they all that evil. From my understanding it was two rogue workers acting on their own accord, for whatever bizarre reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce
The warm and fuzzy save the puppies and kitties image they promote is a sham. The real agenda is to make everyone a vegetarian with no pets….no matter who gets hurt.
The vegetarian thing is propably accurate, but not the pets part. They actually have a really helpful Web site about caring for cats and dogs that I've referred people to many times (HelpingAnimals.com). If they wanted to get rid of all pets, wouldn't they just be telling people to dump them by the side of road or take them to a shelter where they'll be euthanized? They wouldn't be giving advice about the best kinds of food to give your cat or training tips for your dog.

I agree there's problems with PETA, and there are also problems at the HSUS, your local shelter, whatever. You can't just tell them "don't euthanize that cute little puppy!"--unless, of course, you're willing to take in that puppy and every other one like it.

Last edited by SmurfAbuser; 12-11-2005 at 11:18 AM.
Old 12-11-2005, 11:19 AM   #38
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
From my understanding it was two rogue workers acting on their own accord, for whatever bizarre reason.
The "rogue workers" excuse is getting a little thin.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 11:37 AM   #39
SmurfAbuser
Simulated Simulacrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by capnhowdy
like I said.... they don't kill, they euthanize. In their stupid little world there's a major difference.
Actually, there is a major difference. I've seen healthy animals being euthanized at my shelter first-hand. These animals were euthanized not because the staff enjoyed killing them, but because there was nowhere to put them and no one willing to adopt them. Hunters kill because it's a sport and is fun for them. The meat industry kills animals because they're supplying food and making money from it.

Shelter workers who euthanize animals don't have fun, produce anything, or make any money. They go home, cry, and drink a six-pack because of what they are forced to do. It's not the same.

(Sorry guys, I tried to stay off my soapbox, but I can't help myself with this particular subject )
Old 12-11-2005, 03:06 PM   #40
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf
What are the other incidents?
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 09:03 PM   #41
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf
C'mon Wolf, all the kids are using it.

I thought I posted this earlier today. must be some rogue bytes...

Last edited by footfootfoot; 12-11-2005 at 09:06 PM.
footfootfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 09:44 PM   #42
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Quote:
Actually, there is a major difference. I've seen healthy animals being euthanized at my shelter first-hand. These animals were euthanized not because the staff enjoyed killing them, but because there was nowhere to put them and no one willing to adopt them. Hunters kill because it's a sport and is fun for them. The meat industry kills animals because they're supplying food and making money from it.

Shelter workers who euthanize animals don't have fun, produce anything, or make any money. They go home, cry, and drink a six-pack because of what they are forced to do. It's not the same.

(Sorry guys, I tried to stay off my soapbox, but I can't help myself with this particular subject )
Euthanasia: 1. The action of inducing the painless death of a person for reasons assumed to be merciful. 2. an easy or painless death. [greek:eu-, good + thanatos, death]

The relative glee of the life taker doesn't really enter into it.
You have painted hunters with a rather broad brush, a number of whom I know personally who do not fit into your categorization.

I have seen some farms where I'd consdier it euthanasia to slaughter the animals rather than let them live they way they do, I find it hard to see how killing a "healthy" animal is euthanasia, unless it is to prevent it from becoming an unhealthy, miserable living skeleton. Still, it is hard to tell if an animal "wants" to be euthanized. Generally, (except birds, I'm told) most animals don't just give up when the chips are down, and would rather keep going until they can't go anymore.

It takes a mighty righteous position to decide that you are killing an animal for its own good. Unlike a hunter let's say, who is killing an animal for the hunter's own good.

Anyway, I'm not really sure where I stand on this whole thing other than to be cautious about how much anthropomorphism gets added to the soup.
Old 12-11-2005, 11:55 PM   #43
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

I have a problem with folks killing for the act of killing , I have seen dudes with a pickup truck FULL of catfish , " Look at all the fish I cought !!!"
These FUCK STICKS will just DUMP the fish and BITCH about the STINK in their pick up beds !!!!

I hunt and fish , I practice Catch and relese when I fish , and I EAT what I kill ( when i shoot some a critter ) !!!

To do anything else would dishoner the life of the game anaminal !!!!

Now i have killed in self defence ,, 2 dogs that were TO aggressive , and came after me , I didn't relesh the kills , but I lived and their over aggresive selfs died .
Old 12-12-2005, 10:37 PM   #44
fargon
Person who doesn't update the user title

peta = People-Eating-Tasty-Animals
fargon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 11:52 AM   #45
piperatthegates2
Kinda New Member

Talking Join the Protest!

I think I want to join the protest - but I want her on my team...
piperatthegates2 is offline   Reply With Quote