The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Quality Images and Videos
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Quality Images and Videos Post your own images and videos of your own days

Old 05-22-2008, 01:43 PM   #4846
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint View Post
What about eating at my desk? Should I be ashamed of my doglike lack of self-control?

However, if I were to go to the cafeteria, others would be compelled to witness my shameful behavior (eating)... so maybe I would be better off hiding in the bathroom, eating off a collapsible, sterile tray and then flushing it down the toilet, taking special care to shave off all facial hair, including my eyebrows, and brushing my teeth with a 10% bleach solution before returning to work, assuring my co-workers that I received all my daily nutrition via sanitary intravenous injections of glucose.

I'm so confused. How can I get right with God? Even the Bible doesn't go far enough in describing when I should be ashamed of bodily functions.
Flint, I use these handy "rules of thumb": a) You should be ashamed of your dog like lack of self control at all times, not just when eating at your desk.
b)You should not only be ashamed of your bodily functions, you should be ashamed of your body.

There, can't you feel Jesus's love? No a little lower and to the left. Yep.That's it.
Old 05-22-2008, 06:26 PM   #4847
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Site R

Site R is a United States government facility on Raven Rock, a mountain in the U.S. state of Pennsylvania. It is located about 14 km (8.7 miles) east of Waynesboro, Pennsylvania and 10 km (6.2 miles) north-northeast of Camp David, Maryland. The R in "Site R" is an allusion to Raven Rock. The name "Raven Rock" is used to refer to both the mountain itself and the Site R facility.

At Site R, the DISA computer operations staff provides computer services to the National Command Authority, the Joint Chiefs of Staff, the Office of the Secretary of Defense and other United States Department of Defense agencies through memoranda of agreement. The facility functions as the disaster recovery site for the JSSC's GMC and DISA GCC. The various service (Army, Navy and Air Force) emergency operations centers are also located at Site R. The facility provides continuous planning, installation, operation, and maintenance of over 38 communications systems (switching, transmission, data distribution, visual information, and power generation) that support its customers.

Planning for the site began in 1948. After the Soviet Union detonated its first nuclear weapon in 1949, a high priority was established for the Joint Command Post to be placed in a protected location near Washington, D.C., for swift relocation of the National Command Authorities and the Joint Communications Service. The site is near Camp David (then known as "Shangri-La"). In 1950, President Harry S. Truman approved making Raven Rock part of Camp Albert Ritchie, Maryland. This new site was named the Alternate Joint Communications Center (AJCC) Site R. Construction of the facility began in 1951, and in 1953 the AJCC Site R became operational.

Between 1953 and 1971, the Army communications element at Site R provided communications support to Site R tenants as a direct reporting unit of the U.S. Army Joint Support Command. In 1971, as part of the Strategic Communications Command move to Fort Ritchie, the communications unit was redesignated as the Directorate of Telecommunications, under the Fort Ritchie Garrison Commander.

In 1976, the unit was redesignated as the USACC Site R Telecommunications Center, a direct reporting element to the 7th Signal Command. And in 1978, the unit was moved back under the command of the Fort Ritchie Garrison, as the Directorate of Telecommunications. The Special Projects Office (later to become the Protective Design Center) was created in 1977 to work on a classified Department of Defense program. The Alternate National Military Command and Control Center Improvement Program involved criteria development, studies, and preliminary design of a deep underground highly hardened and survivable command and control center. The center included separate structures for command personnel, power, fuel, and water. Over three miles of air entrainment tunnels were required as well as access shafts to the surface. Although canceled in 1979, the experience, expertise, and leadership in protective design and classified programs that Special Projects gained from this work brought other unique projects and major programs to the District.

In October 1981, USACC Site R Telecommunications Center was reorganized and redesignated as USACC Site R under Headquarters, 7th Signal Command. In May 1984, USACC Site R was redesignated as USAISC-Site R, remaining as a direct reporting unit to 7th Signal Command. In October 1988, USAISC-Site R was redesignated as the 1111th U.S. Army Signal Battalion and placed under the 1101st U.S. Army Signal Brigade, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C., as the Army support battalion responsible for the maintenance, upkeep and communications of the AJCC Site R.

In October 1993, the 1111th U.S. Army Signal Battalion was placed under the 1108th U.S. Army Signal Brigade, Fort Ritchie, Maryland. Most base operations activities were removed from the battalion’s mission, leaving communications as the primary unit mission.

The 1995 Base Realignment and Closure Commission directed the relocation of U.S. Army Signal Command units and some Base Operations support personnel from Fort Ritchie to Fort Detrick, which will become the home of East Coast long-haul communications. These units include the 1108th U.S. Army Signal Brigade, the 1111th U.S. Army Signal Battalion and Information Systems Engineering Command-Continental United States. The 1110th U.S. Army Signal Battalion, already at Fort Detrick, is assigned to the 1108th. More than 1,140 military members and civilian employees will be transferred under the order. Site R and its personnel came under control of the Fort Detrick commander October 1, 1997. The actual movement of units began October 1, 1996, and Fort Ritchie was closed by September 30, 1998, well ahead of schedule.[1]

According to the Boston Globe, Site R is believed to be the "undisclosed location" to which vice president Dick Cheney retires in times of crisis.[2]

On May 25, 2007, the Federal Register published a Defense Department policy declaring that it is unlawful "to make any photograph, sketch, picture, drawing, map or graphical representation of the Raven Rock Mountain Complex without first obtaining the necessary permission."[3]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Site_R

http://cryptome.org/site-r/site-r.htm
Old 05-22-2008, 06:27 PM   #4848
TheMercenary

"On May 25, 2007, the Federal Register published a Defense Department policy declaring that it is unlawful "to make any photograph, sketch, picture, drawing, map or graphical representation of the Raven Rock Mountain Complex without first obtaining the necessary permission." "

Well someone forgot to tell the 1,180,000 hits on Google.
Old 05-22-2008, 10:23 PM   #4849
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint View Post
Should I be ashamed of my doglike lack of self-control?
Yes, licking your balls, at your desk, is uncouth.
Old 05-23-2008, 07:45 AM   #4850
TheMercenary

Old 05-23-2008, 08:07 AM   #4851
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMercenary View Post
"On May 25, 2007, the Federal Register published a Defense Department policy declaring that it is unlawful "to make any photograph, sketch, picture, drawing, map or graphical representation of the Raven Rock Mountain Complex without first obtaining the necessary permission." "

Well someone forgot to tell the 1,180,000 hits on Google.
Google Earth has fairly high resolution coverage of it. You can see lots of cars parked along a country road, right next to a helipad, and what look like large doorways leading into the mountain. And there is a label on the mountain that says "Site R."
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 08:14 AM   #4852
TheMercenary

You don't think anyone like an intel group out of China or Russia has seen those, do you?

Old 05-23-2008, 10:27 PM   #4853
impress
It's better to be pissed off than pissed on.

Back to WTF images:

Old 05-24-2008, 05:47 PM   #4854
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 07:17 PM   #4855
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

OK, where's that from? I need some of those.
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 07:56 PM   #4856
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

hehe and they are antibacterial AND moisturizing as well...as if washing away sins might need an added incentive
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 11:13 PM   #4857
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

That was made back when Massachusetts was abbreviated Mass, before the two letter MA became standard.
Old 05-25-2008, 07:51 AM   #4858
glatt

Has a bar code though.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 01:54 PM   #4859
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Good point, so it has to be post 1974.
Old 05-25-2008, 02:15 PM   #4860
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

They also have breath spray and air freshener. (Maybe that would be good for the fartiquette thread.)
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
humor