The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Philosophy Religions, schools of thought, matters of importance and navel-gazing

Old 08-12-2004, 11:15 AM   #61
Buddha
Enlightened

Quote:
Originally Posted by God
Hello Buddha,

I sincerly appreciate the Christmas card you send last year and I'm gunuinely embarrassed that I didn't reply back at that time
Apology accepted. That wasn't a Christmas card, anyhow. It was a letter of condolence. All of us around here know about JC's Stempy obsession, as well as some of his other er... peculiarities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by God
[God thinks to self] I wonder what other god might fall into this thread[/God thinks to self
If you paid attention to things around here, you'd remember that I am not a god. I am merely awake or enlightened if you prefer that term.

Quote:
Originally Posted by God
[That's the problem Bu, the people aren't happy. Materialism and watching TV, and the DNC has led people away from me. They are hungry for my word, but it's become "uncool" for many to even mention my name! I do need to send someone down again to clarify the message.
Well, Go, the rest of us have been meaning to talk to you about that one. For God's sake, don't send JC down again. The boy needs professional help and he shouldn't be messing with the world. The world has enough problems without him adding to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by God
I can see your perspective on this....but I disagree. Here again, there are people not practicing the will of me. They preach but don't follow the word themselves. That's not to say there aren't millions that are doing a great job, but I need a better PR guy.
PR nothing. You need to overhaul your entire outfit from top to bottom. Get some new CEO's, and Lucifer definately has to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by God
( grabs a report showing some poll numbers)

Actually, it's less than that. There are people that classify themselves as Christians but don't have the true love of me in them.

More than 20% of the total population is not happy though. Seems like you have a little work to do yourself..
I know it's less than that. I was trying to go easy on you. As far as work, I've taken the Bodisattva Vow. What have You done lately besides play golf?

Quote:
Originally Posted by God
Well, in the big picture here, we're competitiors in many ways. I'm not going to convert......I wouldn't expect that you would either...
Actually, we're not competitors. When's the last time some outfit calling itself the Buddha's Witnesses came knocking at YOUR door?

Quote:
Originally Posted by God
So where does that leave us? Our systems are not compatible. Should we abolish religion altogether so I can play more golf? Should I just leave the herd?

Are you coming in to take the territory? Maybe, but I don't think so.
I already HAVE the "territory" if that's what you want to call it (I love your American slang that You seem to have acquired). One day even you will become enlightened because all beings, even You, have Buddha nature.

Namaste - the Buddha
Buddha is offline   Reply With Quote