The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 02-17-2013, 11:59 AM   #8941
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Sounds awful and scary as shit. I don't think you're over reacting at all.

The lack of any other worrying symptoms is encouraging though. Worth keeping an eye on her, but if this is something vets see quite often then there's no reason to assume anything more sinister is going on.

A little added vigilance for a while, but try not to worry too much.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:59 AM   #8942
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

Our Lab went paraplegic overnight and we were told it was a stroke (didn't make sense, though a spinal cord lesion would). She regained some strength in her hind end very slowly; I got her one of those wheeled carts that let her use as much as she could but supported her otherwise.

Your dog sounds like she had a toxic ingestion. If there were a bunch of roaches lying around in ashtrays, my thought is there's a 95% chance that she DID ingest pot.
Old 02-17-2013, 12:04 PM   #8943
DanaC

If there was alcohol or caffeine around they can be really bad for dogs too.

There'd have to be a lot of roaches, or roaches with a lot left on them for there to be much there to ingest I'd have thought. Maybe a little bit of pot was dropped during rolling and puppeh got her chops on that ;P
Old 02-17-2013, 12:57 PM   #8944
Jaydaan
Knight of the Oval-Shaped Conference Table

Maybe... I was asleep.. I have no idea what was or was not here. She has eaten ashtrays before though... just plain butts. Then again this is the dog that eats paint, light bulbs, boxes, you name it, she will try to eat it.

She is fine today. I just asked her if she wanted a bath, and she hopped/bounced/skipped her way down to the tub, and jumped in. She had her bath, she then gave moral support for Loki's bath and then they played the eat the air from the hair dryer game, bouncing around and playing with me, and now is laying on my feet.
Jaydaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:56 PM   #8945
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

VENTING HERE.

Met a man, had a chat.
Random encounter - I have no social life, so I thought he might be a friend if nothing else.
We met again on Saturday. Not even a date.
When we parted the deal was that we were in a similar situation, and it would be good to be friends/ get to know eachother.

I got a text on Sunday (in txtspk) just asking how I was.

Now it was a family day yesterday - 'rents 45th anniversary.
I made cakes & helped prep the paella which is their traditional anniversary meal. I admit I ignored the text at the time (cakes in oven) then came back to it after the meal & sharing day. 20.00.

I replied, but in the mean time two texts came through asking me if I was happy with the free drinks he'd bought me (what? one was fizzy water and I turned down dinner or a taxi home) and the next saying he would leave my boots - wellies - outside the Dairy Maid, which is where he picked me up from the day before. I'd worn them for a walk in the woods.

I was all churned up. Freaked out, thinking it was because I delayed sending a text. Angry that someone could be so rude with no reason. Confused because if it wasn't the text then WTF?

So I responded asking if he was okay (benefit of the doubt).
Left my phone on silent all day, did not want to be stressed out by made-up drama, but no call or text (phew!)

Checked it when I got home at 16.00. Then again probably 19.30.
Somewhere during that time he sent another text confirming he had left my wellies OUTSIDE the pub and calling me a con and a liar.

I AM SO ANGRY.
I hate being mis-judged or mis-represented.
I told him no lies, asked for NOTHING, had a couple of beers with him but nothing extreme.
I mean the first time we met - briefly - I bought him a drink.
What sort of con out to bleed a man dry refuses dinner and a taxi and kills the golden goose by not texting back?

I knew he had issues. I heard a lot of them on Saturday.
I even came home and said to Mum - he's okay, but he has had a hard time (meaning I'm not sure we have a lot in common and I'm wary).

I really want to know why he said those things and be able to refute the claims.
Because whatever he believes is not true.
But of course it is not worth it.
I met him twice and I don't want drama.
And I do not want to associate with this person.

I know. Silly thing to get upset about.
It's definitely more about my anger at being called names than anything.
And it looks like I lost my lovely peacock wellies.

Fucking arsehole.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:25 PM   #8946
jimhelm
a beautiful fool

One of our Service dept lot attendants killed himself over the weekend.

What bothers me is that I heard about it first thing this morning, and then completely forgot about it until just now.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:29 PM   #8947
DanaC

@ Sundae: Bullet dodged. Though I can understand wanting to 'clear your name' as it were :p

@ Jim: ach, yeah I can see how that would be upsetting.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:45 PM   #8948
orthodoc

@Sundae - I agree with Dana, definite bullet dodged. The guy sounds pretty scary, frankly. Getting weird and angry after two casual meetings? Eewwww. Sorry about the wellies, though.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:48 PM   #8949
DanaC

Yeah...there's a thought. watch your back for a bit love. Let's not add a psycho stalker to your list of worries :P
Old 02-18-2013, 05:16 PM   #8950
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

My cousin Scott is 37, and has two kids ages 4 and 1. He's just been diagnosed with colon cancer. Same thing his father (my uncle) died from, and our shared grandmother died from.

I'm not due for my next colonoscopy screening until 2015, but today I called my GI doc to bump it up to this year.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:34 PM   #8951
orthodoc

I'm sorry, Clod.
Glad you're going to get checked out.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:45 PM   #8952
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Sundae - some people are fucked up. There's no need to take it personally. Apparently your inner warning beacon was already going off. Good job on being aware of it. I once had a similar experience. People get their feelings hurt and lash out. We all do it from time to time. Move on.

Jim - don't feel guilty. You're a good guy. You didn't forget on purpose. He was a peripheral person in your life. You can't mourn everyone. No heart is big enough for that. Not even yours.

Clod - good for you. I'd be shitting myself too if I were in your boat.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:48 PM   #8953
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

I'm pissed that my cousin hadn't gotten a screening since 30 (which is the last time I had one, results completely clean.) He knew the family history, dammit. Still, at least he went straight to the doctor at the first hint of a symptom. It's stage 2, and they say he has about an 80% chance of permanent remission after treatment.

Sorry to hear about your coworker, Jim. Did he leave any family behind? Did you know him very well?
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:13 AM   #8954
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

well.

Wow.

I guess this IS the upsetting thread.

I"ve a pal with a hubby who has an inoperable brain tumor; young guy, little kids, the whole deal.

Sorry, Jim, about your coworker. I've always wondered what went thru a suicides mind just before they act. Before I'd have the courage I'd have to be blind drunk----which I have done. I drank a fifth of 90 proof and chugged 60 (10)mg valiums and woke up the next day. WHY? not why did I do it, that I know, but WHY didn't I die? And that was not the first time I've done such a stupid thing. It's the drink that does it.

Sundae--the man is clearly a nut case==wanting to control you already? Usually they wait till you're married or knocked up before they try to smother you with "love".

Wait it out.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:00 PM   #8955
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

I'm still crying/missing Autumn.

This new dog....sigh. I should just name him Rebound. He's too much of everything and he's a dog whereas Autumn was a person. She was so loyal---she was the only one who loved me and I loved her. So, so much.

Everyone thinks I'm crazy, a basket case, a loser but Autumn didn't think that. I have no one. my younger son was supposed to see me yesterday but he's too busy and my older boy is just about to graduate college and here I sit, still in my pj's hating this dog b/c he chases and terrorizes the cats and ISN"T AUTUMN.

I (at the suggestion of my therapist) read her a few of my poems. She managed to have a concerned, bewildered, disappointed and perplexed look on her face all at the same time. She said, "What's the meaning of that poem?" She does not deal in wallowing. The poems weren't about Autumn but about some aspects of my life----I'm nobody's poet but they're like milking a snake for me----gets some of the venom out.

I KNOW I am not dealing with BIG issues like so many people are. but I am so sad and I am crying; supposed to chair a meeting today and I totally spaced on it and didn't go. AA isn't really helping me. It never really has. I'm an emotional cripple---merc got that right about me. I feel like I'm on a tightrope. I am useless; I do NOTHING productive save clean my own house. I can't meet the world on the world's terms. I want an anodyne, I want escape. Autumn is in the cold, hard, cold, cold ground when, if I had been more mindful, she'd be alive today.

What do i have? Nothing. No one. voices on telephones telling me to 'hang in there, baby' and the ever-present reply but you have children!!

No, they are adults now.

Ravaged by an abrasion. That;s me.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
swiss