The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 03-09-2012, 11:10 PM   #1
monster
I hear them call the tide

I have a stalker

It's kinda of scary and kind of amusing. But it's now official.

There's this woman -a mother of a kid at our school- who is kind of extrememly nuts. Officially. We met when my current 5th-grader was in 2nd grade and her only child was in 1st grade. I had to babysit her on a field trip while the teacher pretended she was an official chaperone. It was horrible. We'd just met, were looking after a bunch of 7-year-olds and she was sharing all her nuthouse admission stories with me -and that she'd only just got out again. And paying no attention to the kids.

But I've managed to avoid her for a few years......

Now, a "friend" added her to the facebook group for the fundraiser I do, and she's decided to do it with a vengeance. And turns up each week and wants to chat and "get to know each other better" (why? we have NOTHING in comon). plus she never remembers anything and asks the same questions again and again.....

... today she told me she was thinking about me (and my fundraiser) all week.....

Just lonely, maybe? No. Here's why I'm starting to think about panicking (she's not gay, it's not that type of stalky -that I can handle -my jawline is very masculine, my hair is short and my shoes are usally flat.....):

Another mom helps me at the Scrip Stores (the fundraiser). She's a shrink. An ER on call for no-one-else-can-work-it-out type shrink. The Major Crazies. And a friend.
(1) She spotted her as a nutter straight away. OK, many would
(2) She was alarmed by how much this woman knows about me -stuff that even she didn't know, and it then occurred to me that I have never told this woman a lot o what she knows about me. And I'm not all that googlable either For example (and this was the case my shrink friend cited).... I have a PhD -all y'all know that because this is the interwebs, I can be braggy- but in real life, it's a need to know basis. And not many need to
(3) Shrink was concerned -and amused- by how she gloms on to me. I'm taking the fact that the shrink finds it funny as a reassurement that the nutter is not going to go postal......

But please, was I really that bad in a former life?

Scary, No?

Last edited by monster; 03-09-2012 at 11:31 PM.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 12:40 AM   #2
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

FTR - I do not know this woman.
Old 03-10-2012, 05:36 AM   #3
Griff
still says videotape

Creepy.
Old 03-10-2012, 06:19 AM   #4
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

Can you train her to be your obedient minion?
Old 03-10-2012, 08:22 AM   #5
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Well if it gets too bad, you are officially welcome here on the East Coast, although maybe you should considering moving closer to Zen....
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 08:24 AM   #6
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Zen for the win.

One thing that nearly always works with super crazy people is to be crazier thaan them. Or at least get them to think you are. A lot of crazies like her glom onto people who they see as a source of stability or whatever non crazy thing they lack. You function as sort of a touchstone or sanity benchmark. When you start being more crazy than her, she no longer has a point of sanity reference and will run away from you.

At least that's why I stop stalking people.
Old 03-10-2012, 08:40 AM   #7
monster

At one point she volunteered for a finance committee position. She thought this put her in charge of me and my fundraiser and kept calling me to learn more about it. I stopped answering the phone. I had forgotten this until now. I think that was sunconscious self preservation. The treasurer "fired" her from that position. Oh ugh.

My problem is that I do need minions, they were about to put the call out for volunteers and I do not want this one. But I don't want to hurt her feelings. I'm sure she means well.
Old 03-10-2012, 09:03 AM   #8
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
I'm sure she means to put me in a well and has me rubs it on my skin.
FTFY
Old 03-10-2012, 09:12 AM   #9
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by footfootfoot View Post
Zen for the win.

One thing that nearly always works with super crazy people is to be crazier thaan them. Or at least get them to think you are. A lot of crazies like her glom onto people who they see as a source of stability or whatever non crazy thing they lack. You function as sort of a touchstone or sanity benchmark. When you start being more crazy than her, she no longer has a point of sanity reference and will run away from you.

At least that's why I stop stalking people.
This is also full of win.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:13 AM   #10
monster

Oh gawd if she only knew the truth.... maybe that's why shrink mom volunteered to help with the store ....she could see behind my stable facade....
Old 03-10-2012, 09:19 AM   #11
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Oh gawd if she only knew the truth.... maybe that's why shrink mom volunteered to help with the store ....she could see behind my stable facade....
I met you. The stable facade was just baaaaarely in place.

In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:53 AM   #12
HungLikeJesus
Only looks like a disaster tourist

Quote:
... But I don't want to hurt her feelings. I'm sure she means well.
Plus, she might boil your bunny if you upset her.

SteveDallas's Random Thread Picker.
HungLikeJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:06 AM   #13
Nirvana
Back in 10

I will not be ignored Van!

Those kind always find me. I usually hope for a public act of harmless craziness towards me in front of witnesses. They don't usually like for more than one at a time to see their instability...
Old 03-10-2012, 11:16 AM   #14
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Quote:
... (2) She was alarmed by how much this woman knows about me -stuff that even she didn't know, and it then occurred to me that I have never told this woman a lot o what she knows about me. And I'm not all that googlable either For example (and this was the case my shrink friend cited).... I have a PhD -all y'all know that because this is the interwebs, I can be braggy- but in real life, it's a need to know basis. And not many need to ...
Even adults who are careful about putting their names out in the virtual world will put their children's names out there figuring that it doesn't matter for them. Unfortunately, if the children's names are uncommon and/or make for an uncommon combination of names in one family, then a Google search can be revealing. I entered just 3 first names, in alphabetical order, into the Google search box and these were results #1 and #6 on the first page. I got an error message for the 1st one; but, the contents of the 2nd one alone would make it easily attributable:

http://www.british-expats.com/showthread.php?tid=6432

http://cellar.org/showthread.php?p=746561

You might as well say hello to your IRL friend(s) here now.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 12:26 PM   #15
monster

You insult me, noboxes.

The point was (possibly not as well made as it could be) that you need to be actively delving to find stuff. And googling my kids. Which is definite stalker behaviour.

Incidentally, once children compete under the national body for their sport, all their results and full names are posted somewhere. And in some cases body stats too