The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Quality Images and Videos
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Quality Images and Videos Post your own images and videos of your own days

Old 06-18-2010, 01:28 PM   #8431
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Someone sent momdigr a pps and this was one of the pics.

Aside from the gross overload (2 mules will never move that skid/sled), look at the ends of the logs. Waaaaaay smooth for 1893. I'm not saying anything, (coughshoppedcough) I'm just saying...
Attached Images

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 01:43 PM   #8432
glatt

Actually, two man crosscut saws were so tall, they tracked a very straight cut through the log. I'm not saying that image is real or not. It's either posed (at considerable effort) for some sort of bragging rights or postcard or something, or else it is shopped. But the clean cutoffs aren't an indication one way or another.
Attached Images

glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 02:09 PM   #8433
squirell nutkin
has a second hand user title

Yeah, Ive seen modern lumberjacks with a tuned up crosscut saw beat chainsaws in contests many times. They aren't the rusty things hanging on the wall of the funky restaurant, the fuckers are razor sharp and mirror smooth.
Old 06-18-2010, 04:54 PM   #8434
Pete Zicato
Turns out my CRS is a symptom of TMB.

Talk nerdy to me.
Pete Zicato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 04:59 PM   #8435
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

I found this site looking at a recent article about the Coast Guard salvaging oil from a cruise ship that sunk in Alaska in the 50's.

http://travel.usatoday.com/cruises/p...e-ship/97191/1

Pretty cool pics here:

http://vilda.alaska.edu/cdm4/results...28Steamboat%29
TheMercenary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 05:02 AM   #8436
TheMercenary

Freaks:

http://redirectingat.com/?id=673X542...iate-t416.html
TheMercenary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 02:57 PM   #8437
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

‘Don’t Taze My Granny!’

Quote:
Lonnie Tinsley of El Reno, Oklahoma made a nearly fatal mistake last December 22 when he went to check on his grandma, Lona Vernon.

Concerned that Lona hadn’t taken her medications, Lonnie called 911 in the expectation that an emergency medical technician would be dispatched to the apartment to evaluate the bedridden 86-year-old woman.

Instead, that call for help was answered by nearly a dozen armed tax-feeders employed by the El Reno Police Department.

Understandably alarmed — and probably more than a little disgusted — by the presence of uninvited armed strangers in her home, Lona ordered them to leave. This directive, issued by a fragile female octogenarian confined to a hospital-style bed and tethered to an oxygen tank, was interpreted as “aggressive” behavior by Officer Thomas Duran, who ordered one of his associates : “Taser her!”

“Don’t taze my granny!” exclaimed Tinsley. According to a lawsuit filed in U.S. District Court, Tinsley’s “obstructive” behavior prompted the police to threaten him with their tasers. He was then was assaulted, removed from the room, thrown to the floor, handcuffed, and detained in a police car. At this point, the heroes in blue turned their attention to Lona.

The tactical situation was daunting; at this point, the police had only a 10-1 advantage over a subject who — according to Duran’s official report — had taken an “aggressive posture” in her hospital bed. The sacred imperative of “officer safety” dictated that the subject be thoroughly softened up in order to minimize resistance.

Accordingly, one of the officers approached Lona and “stepped on her oxygen hose until she began to suffer oxygen deprivation,” narrates the complaint, based on Lona’s account. One of the officers then shot her with a taser, but the connection wasn’t solid. A second fired his taser, “striking her to the left of the midline of her upper chest, and applied high voltage, causing burns to her chest, extreme pain,” and unconsciousness. Lona was then handcuffed with sufficient ruthlessness to tear the soft flesh of her forearms, causing her to bleed.

After her wounds were treated at a local hospital, Lona was confined for six days in the psychiatric ward at the insistence of her deranged assailants from the El Reno Police Department.

It has long been established that the worst thing to do in an emergency is to call the police. In this case, Lonnie Tinsley didn’t call the police, yet they barged in anyway and quite nearly “helped” his grandma to death.
Link
Old 06-28-2010, 05:34 PM   #8438
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

?
Attached Images

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:36 PM   #8439
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

hurk
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 02:46 PM   #8440
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

From Astronomy Picture Of The Day:

Quote:
Is beauty in the eye of this beholder? Earlier this month, over Réunion Island in the Indian Ocean, a playful photographer with an eye for the sky took eight images and composed the [below] intriguing picture. The full fisheye frame shows everything above the horizon, including a lamp-illuminated landscape around the edges, and the zenith of the sky directly overhead. The image, however, may be more than beautiful -- it may also be a scavenger hunt. Can you find the photographer's tent, the slope of a volcano (active Piton de la Fournaise), a picturesque shoreline, and the lights of the nearby town (Saint Philippe)? One remarkable feature of the above image is that its center contains the very center of our Milky Way Galaxy.
Attached Images

Old 06-29-2010, 02:54 PM   #8441
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

More fodder for the hollow earthers....

Awesome picture.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 08:35 PM   #8442
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
?
That, sir, is a packet of strawberry-chocolate dipped cheetos.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:51 PM   #8443
impress
It's better to be pissed off than pissed on.

Name:  muslim-female-punk.jpg
Views: 622
Size:  54.7 KB

Name:  f.jpg
Views: 611
Size:  27.5 KB
Old 07-04-2010, 12:09 AM   #8444
toranokaze
I'm still a jerk

Hijabs+ cosplay = win

It is the ignorance of ignorance that lead to the death of knowledge

The Virgin Mary does not weep for her son, for he is in paradise. She weeps for the world , for we are in suffering.
toranokaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 11:53 AM   #8445
TheMercenary

Burka fashion show?

Tags
humor