The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Arts & Entertainment
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Arts & Entertainment Give meaning to your life or distract you from it for a while

Old 05-31-2013, 11:38 AM   #1
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

BWAAAAhahahahhaha!!!

Oh, my gosh.

I really like Will Smith, his movies, his characters, his public, celebrity persona. But this is ... comical. Have I been spoofed? Maybe, maybe.
Quote:
1. Everything Is Part of One Giant Equation

Will: I’m a student of patterns. At heart, I’m a physicist. I look at everything in my life as trying to find the single equation, the theory of everything.

2. We, However, Are Not Smart Enough to Yet Solve Said Equation

Jaden: I think that there is that special equation for everything, but I don’t think our mathematics have evolved enough for us to even—I think there’s, like, a whole new mathematics that we’d have to learn to get that equation.
Will: I agree with that.
Jaden: It’s beyond mathematical. It’s, like, multidimensional mathematical, if you can sort of understand what I’m saying.
There's more, and it's just as funny.
Old 05-31-2013, 12:13 PM   #2
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

I saw an article recently on their parenting philosophy. It was something to the effect of, 'We don't believe in discipline. We teach our children that they have to be able to explain why their choices were right for them, right now, in their life.' It included specific examples like, 'If our son can explain why kicking his sister in the chest was right for him, then you have to respect that.'

I might get into the Celebrity Death Pool game in another 2-3 years, just to put his two kids on my list. The alcohol and drugs can't be too far away.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 03:30 PM   #3
Perry Winkle
Esnohplad Semaj Ton

Seems a little less crazy in the context of the full interview: http://www.vulture.com/2013/05/will-...-together.html
Perry Winkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 03:35 PM   #4
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

I saw Will and Jaden Smith on the Graham Norton show last week. They were great! Kid seems really well-balanced and the two of them seemed close.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 03:52 PM   #5
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

I had read the whole interview at vulture, but still posted. I don't think it's less crazy sounding. I just cherry picked it a little. They're entertainers, by trade, and this interview is part and parcel of their trade. I think they're being *entertaining* in the whole interview. Mathematics don't evolve. Certainly we can learn more about math, and those changes in our understanding can resemble the changes in individual organisms from generation to generation, but.. not the same thing.

Now maybe I'm just picking in the young man. Will is equally entertaining in his own way; another one... a bigger quote for context, in a discussion with the son about famousness. Dad (Will) steps in to help his son, which is fine, but the bold part? That's really pretentious, an ace away from disingenuous, in my opinion.

Quote:
Jaden, how does it feel to be famous?
Jaden: I think it’s fun, except when people make up stuff about you. Then it’s not so much fun. But besides that, I enjoy it.

It’s been reported that you might be dating Kylie Jenner. The Kardashians have treated their fame as the family business. Do you guys see yourselves as similar or different? [Will, laughing, holds up his hand for Jaden not to speak.]
Jaden: I’m trying to understand.
Will: Don’t. You know, he’s never had to, to deal with those kinds of questions.

Well, forget the Kardashians … maybe you could just …
Will: [Mimicking] “So how do you think your life is similar or un-similar to people’s names in Calabasas?” For our family, the entire structure of our life, our home, our business relationships—the entire purpose is for everyone to be able to create in a way that makes them happy. Fame is almost an inconsequential by-product of what we’re really trying to accomplish. We are trying to put great things into the world, we’re trying to have fun, and we’re trying to become the greatest versions of ourselves in the process of doing things we love. So the idea of fame or exploitation or orchestrating the media is sometimes even less than desirable for us.
Old 05-31-2013, 03:53 PM   #6
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
I saw Will and Jaden Smith on the Graham Norton show last week. They were great! Kid seems really well-balanced and the two of them seemed close.
with the special raps and the surprise return of "The Carlton"?
Old 05-31-2013, 03:54 PM   #7
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

That's the one!
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 04:51 AM   #8
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
I just cherry picked it a little.
Stop picking on me.