The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Cities and Travel
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Cities and Travel Tell us about where you are; tell us about where you want to be

Old 04-14-2003, 02:50 PM   #16
Uryoces
2nd Covenant, yo

I never feel bad at all when Ronald McDonald is defiled in other countries. It's kind of cool to see James Dean and big tailfin cars popular in other cultures but not that damn clown and his grease factory.

Spain sounds like a nice place.
Old 04-26-2003, 08:08 AM   #17
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

If you guys come to blows, I'm......nevermind.

Anyway...Alcazar is quite impresssive as a structure. It's history is also quite an amazing story. During the seige they had an early Harley Davidson that was used to power the water pump.
I was amazed to see 4 or 5 foot Pointsettea(sp) plants living outdoors in huge pots. On the downside, driving to Madrid, out on the plains, you could see a pall of coal and diesel smoke over the city. Looked like Pittsburgh 50 years ago.

Last edited by xoxoxoBruce; 04-26-2003 at 08:12 AM.
xoxoxoBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 11:44 PM   #18
glgraef
Person Who Has Posted

Wink Muchas Gracias

Muchas Gracias para (por?) la informacion. Espero que puedo visitar su cuidad hermosa. No tenga el dinero para visitar Europa, pero mi hijo quiere visitar Norway este Invierno. El hablo Espanol asi-asi, como yo. Su padre es Hispano, pero cuando el era hijo los profesores no permiteron los estudiantes hablar Espanol in la escuela. Yo estoy tratando poner informacion de Tucson, Arizona donde vivo, pero no puedo copiar by pastiar (copy and paste) images de un mision espanol cerca de aqui y un sunset (no se la palabra en Espanol). Tucson esta situada solamente una hora via coche a Mexico. The influencia de la cultura Mexicana is muy evidente. The comida is autentico y cerca de cincuenta por ciento de los nombres de camino son hispanica. Pero algunes veces los gringos hace nombre estupidos. Un ejempo is Camino de Oeste. Gracias un otro vez. Me llamo Margarita in Mexico porque los Mexicanos no puedan hablar Gretchen. Vd. puedo decir ambos. Espero que Vd. puedo compender mi Espanol. Necesito practicar.

Gretchen
glgraef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2003, 04:04 PM   #19
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
los gringos hace nombre estupidos.
Is she talkin' 'bout me?