The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 09-21-2015, 03:23 AM   #6046
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

That was super.
If I could sing lilke her I would never bother talking.
I'd sing to the minions in the park, to the bus drivers, when I went for a cheeky teacake...

That cheered me right up, thanks.

I think I was just a little over-wrought last night.
I haven't been sleeping well, or in fact eating well (eating too much, yes - but not well.)
Thngs look a little brighter today. Despite the fact it's dull and rainy.

And my butter-dish is lovely and not making me cry. Even if it's technically for Mum for Christmas, I still like looking at it.
Old 09-21-2015, 11:12 AM   #6047
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Tatiana Maslany was robbed.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 11:23 AM   #6048
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

That lass still not got an Emmy?
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 11:39 AM   #6049
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

I'm actually stunned that the Frozen translation was as good as it was. One language and then back to English, I could see. But the girl said she went through a chain of a dozen languages before getting back to English. And still she got to keep the phrase "the storm is raging" for "let the storm rage on?" That's fucking impressive, Google Translate. I remember a time when you could go to one language and back and it would be completely--and I mean completely--unintelligible.

I for one welcome our new UN overlords.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 01:45 PM   #6050
Lamplighter
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post

That's fucking impressive, Google Translate. I remember a time when you could go
to one language and back and it would be completely--and I mean completely--unintelligible.

I for one welcome our new UN overlords.
Although they may be using somewhat later versions, this is the kind of software
our Depts of State, Homeland Security, Defense,... etc are relying upon
to keep us "safe".

Lamplighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 05:20 PM   #6051
it
Banned

So today it's been one full month since my last day off from work. Every day, sometimes 8 hours, sometimes a double shift, today was a 12 hour one... I think it is starting to get to me.

Don't get em wrong - I can't complain, this is the most comfortable job I ever had. But... After a month, I think I need at some point to just curl up and not leave bed for a day.
it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 05:20 AM   #6052
it
Banned

My laptop's charger is fucked, and it could take up to 10 business days for the replacement to arrive. Now I am on the old netbook, which is barely ok for web browsing... Can't run the phone emulators for coding, can't run any of my games, barely watchable as far as movies and tv shows go, the audio quality is so poor it's harder to listen to music or audio books, and...

/1st world problems (in a 3rd world country)
Old 10-10-2015, 05:29 AM   #6053
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Ouch. No, seriously, ouch. I hate, hate, hate being cut off like that. I get cranky as hell if my desktop is out of action and I'm stuck on my laptop - or when my internet is barely usable (two years of that, I'm lookin' at you TalkTalk!).

Mum's even worse. Her internet went down for about a week and she was like a whole other person. Cranky doesn't even come close. Separating her from her ipad is like trying to get a cub from a bear.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 06:12 AM   #6054
it
Banned

That's what mind flayers are for.
Old 10-13-2015, 02:06 PM   #6055
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

or books.

or beer.

or bikes.

or other people and a deck of cards, or walking in the neighborhood or at a park or in the woods.
Old 10-13-2015, 06:21 PM   #6056
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

Being unemployed is a risk for gaining weight, I'm finding ... so easy to buy treats and treat every evening like the weekend; nibble on pumpkin loaf, pumpkin cheesecake (just a little one), apple pie (another little one), all those little treats bought to comfort oneself. A bite at a time, a pound at a time.

Well! It seems my husband has either been selfish or taken one for the team, as the cheesecake, the cookies, and pumpkin loaf have disappeared. I have to fall back on my homemade guac and my grapes for this evening. All of which is good, and I know I'll thank him tomorrow, and if he actually ate all that stuff he'll suffer for it tonight and then be able to work it off in the gym because he doesn't have arthritis ... so I will pretend I really wanted the grapes anyway. But it's mildly irritating me tonight, even though it's for the best. I hate being managed.
Old 10-13-2015, 08:55 PM   #6057
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Maybe he just hid 'em... Hmm maybe that's worse.
Old 10-13-2015, 08:56 PM   #6058
monster
I hear them call the tide

divorce him. Oh wait...
Old 10-13-2015, 09:03 PM   #6059
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by orthodoc View Post
Being unemployed is a risk for gaining weight, I'm finding ... so easy to buy treats and treat every evening like the weekend; nibble on pumpkin loaf, pumpkin cheesecake (just a little one), apple pie (another little one), all those little treats bought to comfort oneself. A bite at a time, a pound at a time.
Kind of funny because I an finding the exact opposite. When I was a "stay-at-home" mom, I was running all over the place and had time t hit the gym. Now I'm working I'm stuck in an office at a computer and nibbling is so easy and I gave up my gym membership because I can never get there. And the pounds are piling on. And I mostly nibble vegetables. I need to find a way/energy to work out
Old 10-13-2015, 09:15 PM   #6060
it
Banned

The other day I had a new nickname idea I remember really liking, but no place that needed it. Now I found a place where I want a new nickname, but I can't remember.

Tags
mild cheddar