The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Cellar-related > Cellar Meta
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Cellar Meta Users, threads, etiquette, posting, usage, forums, why this place matters or doesn't

Old 11-21-2003, 09:16 PM   #61
ladysycamore
"I may not always be perfect, but I'm always me."

Quote:
Originally posted by dave
Please go read everything juju and I have ever posted together before commenting. That way, you might have some idea what's going on. Thanks.
Didn't think it was necessary. I was merely addressing what was in THIS thread.

Quote:
I'm not giving juju an order; what I was saying was that if what he wanted to convey was that his previous post was an opinion, he could have better done so using wording that resembled what I posted in the text you quoted.
Again, not what is said, but how it's said. But, you said it wasn't an order, so it isn't *shrugs*. I didn't say that it WAS, I said that itSOUNDED like one.

Quote:
I don't care whether or not you do your homework, as long as you don't care that I think your opinion is invalid because you're ignorant of the situation and/or can't understand common English phrase usage such as I employed in the post you quoted.
Hrmmmm....I see. Very well then. Life's too short.

"The Akan concept of Sankofa: In order to move forward we first have to take a step back. In other words, before we can be prepared for the future, we must comprehend the past." From "We Did It, They Hid It"
ladysycamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 11:46 PM   #62
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

BUTTING IN: to dave and juju

IS it butting in?

You two ARE airing your laundry publicly. You have to expect the strongly opinionated members of the cellar to express their strongly opinionated opinions. This COULD have taken place privately, juju....you didn't have to refer to it in a thread (very passive aggressive).

I, for one, would like to see which one of you is big about it first, and admits that he done some wrong, some awful bad wrong in his life, even if the other guy doesn't have the balls to. You must not let pride control you, grasshopper.

You both acted petulantly. Just pissing on each other, and picking fly shit out of pepper. Calling names. guh.... Can't you both look at it through the others eyes?

While the past conflicts have obvious weight upon the emotional aspect of your relationship, Lsyc wasn't really scolding you about anything other than the current thread. It is because of those past incidents that you both wigged out on each other with extremely minimal instigation, and escalated exponentially to the point where the other people in the thread were made uncomfortable enough to try and step in.

Dave, you are absolutley right: it should have never gotten here, and the line Lsyc quoted is right on. However, Dave, you are absolutely wrong about HOW you said it, and if you had only left out the "It's retarded that he came in with "You're pathetic"", this could heal. Do you smell what I'm cookin?

And Juju: You should take your dress off and stop worrying about your feeling so much.

Last edited by lumberjim; 11-22-2003 at 08:32 AM.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote