The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Relationships
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Relationships People who need people; or, why can't we all just get along?

Old 08-10-2006, 12:22 PM   #1
bbro
Insert witty comment here

tired of drama

Did you ever just wish your life was normal?? I am so emotionally exhausted these days from stuff that is going on with my boyfriend that I just want to sleep for days. I find myself on the brink of tears half the time because I won't let myself cry when I need to so it creeps out at other times.

Wow - I just read that and realized how it sounds. Before I get questions, no he hasn't done anything to me, it is just the situation that he is in and the fact that I am the only one who is making every effort to help him. Even his mother won't do anything. She isn't even nice to him on the phone and constantly bitches at him.

I wasn't trained to be a laywer!! I don't know what the crap is going on anymore! It's like I am in this big whirlwind that I can't get out of!!
bbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 01:28 PM   #2
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Maybe you should see a doctor? I recall a thread about your boyfriend and he's in jail, right? It must be hellish on you. So overwhelmed. If you don't have money there are Crisis Centers in every American city. Go there. What are you doing currently to keep yourself putting one foot in front of the other?

My thoughts are with you.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 01:56 PM   #3
bbro

Currently, the only thing that is keeping me doing all this stuff is that if I don't, no one else will. No one cares enough apparently. I actually just got a letter from him that helped ALOT.

It's just that it seems like the world just wants him to rot in there when he should've been out last week. No one is really helping me at all. I never believed people when they said that the legal system sucks, but man does it ever! Meanwhile the junkie that lives next door to him that was on probation for drugs got caught with paraphanalia (sp?) in a well known durg neighborhood and was in there less than 5 days.

Thanks for your thoughts
Old 08-10-2006, 05:45 PM   #4
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

You're on a rollercoaster. First, you are despondent and overwhelmed, then, you get a letter from him and you're fine and it's all worth it.

Good luck.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Old 08-11-2006, 02:31 AM   #5
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
I actually just got a letter from him that helped ALOT.
Is that because he explained things you didn't know and had filled in the blanks with your imagination?
Old 08-11-2006, 07:34 AM   #6
bbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce
Is that because he explained things you didn't know and had filled in the blanks with your imagination?
No, I know everything that he knows. It mainly said that he really appreciated what I was doing and that even though he was in there, he knows it won't be forever and that he is actually thinking about what he's been doing and what he wants to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna
You're on a rollercoaster. First, you are despondent and overwhelmed, then, you get a letter from him and you're fine and it's all worth it.
No, I got the letter before I posted. I still feel overwhelmed. I will feel overwhelmed until this whole thing is done. It made me feel better because it made me see that he did appreciate the whirlwind I am in and that he isn't planning something stupid for when he gets out. He is going to get his life into shape and grow up. I still don't see an end to this yet. I have 2 more calls to make at least if not more before I even see an end coming and it's driving me nuts.
Old 08-12-2006, 08:14 AM   #7
MsSparkie
Curious Sagittarius

I have backed away from a few men who were in my life and I'm just chilling. Healing up. It feels strange not to be at someone's beck and call, and have to shoulder their problems, with no appreciation.

But you could try it. Break away for a month. From where I'm sitting, I recommend it. I even feel a quilty pleasure from so much freedom!
Old 08-12-2006, 08:17 AM   #8
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsSparkie
IBreak away for a month.
bbro has waaaaay too much invested in him now. She is unable to break away.

—James Barrie

Old 08-12-2006, 08:39 AM   #9
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

You have to come to grips with reality.
You can promise, threaten, cajole, wave your naughty bits or bake him cookies, but there is no future "we" without him doing his part.

You're being ready, willing and able just isn't enough, if he can't get his shit together. He's got to want it....he's got to do it.

Remember the third part ......the part about being smart enough to tell the difference between the things you can and cannot do anything about.

Knitting, goldfish training or learning the Bagpipes, will keep you occupied in the meantime.... it'll also teach you patience.
Old 08-14-2006, 08:52 AM   #10
bbro

Quote:
bbro has waaaaay too much invested in him now. She is unable to break away.
It's not that I wouldn't break away, but if I do, then he will be stranded with no one to help him. I just can't abandon people like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce
You can promise, threaten, cajole, wave your naughty bits or bake him cookies, but there is no future "we" without him doing his part.

You're being ready, willing and able just isn't enough, if he can't get his shit together. He's got to want it....he's got to do it.
this I do realize. That is why even though he wants to high tail it to where I am as soon as he can with all his wordly posessions, I told him that we are going to do this slow. He is going to wrok for a few months up there and settle everything he needs to, get a mode of transportation, then come down here for a little bit. Once he is here, he must find a job. If it all works out, we will see how it goes for a couple of months, then decide if that living situation is one we both want. If he won't do all of what I said, then it will not happen.

The basic problem now is that he is still in jail. He should have been out on August 1st, but no one can tell me why he is there. I am not paying hundreds of dollars for a lawyer, but from what I can see, that is the only way to get anything done. The pubic defenders office is unresponsive. His Parole Officer won't talk to me and the judge hasn't gotten back to me from whan I called on Friday. This is the situation that is bothering me. It just seems that when I get an inch, I am knocked back a couple of feet. The thing that I am finding the hardest to deal with is that no one seems to fucking care, but me.
Old 08-14-2006, 09:12 AM   #11
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbro
The thing that I am finding the hardest to deal with is that no one seems to fucking care, but me.
No one as in his family, etc., or no one as in the legal community? The legal community are like dogs...they only hear the high, long whistle of money.

—James Barrie

Old 08-14-2006, 09:35 AM   #12
bbro

Quote:
No one as in his family, etc., or no one as in the legal community? The legal community are like dogs...they only hear the high, long whistle of money.
Well, his family isn't really the supportive type of family. His mother just constantly bitches at him and tells him she doesn't care if he stays in there for another 6 months. The legal community only wants money, but the public servants - judge, PO, anyone else - can't be bothered with it.
Old 08-14-2006, 09:48 AM   #13
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Why has his family abandoned him? He screw them over once too many, or, are they just 'bad' people?

—James Barrie

Old 08-14-2006, 10:00 AM   #14
bbro

From what I gather, they just aren't the supportive type, I don't think they abandodned him, I don't think they were ever really around. I never met most of them. His mother is just a bitch. No matter what he does, she always bitches at him. She bitches cause he didn't make dinner, then she'll bitch because he didn't make the right thing, then bitch because he didn't do the dishes.

It just seems like a bad environment all the way around.
Old 08-14-2006, 11:58 AM   #15
rkzenrage

I have chosen not to play games any longer, I give warning then stop.
There are a lot fewer people in my life now but I am much happier!