The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 12-04-2006, 07:30 PM   #31
Iggy
Back and ready to tart up the place

Where is my 60 degree weather? Gosh. It has been really cold since it snowed. At least to me...

Edit: Looks like it is supposed to warm up a little. We have been in the 20s for the past several days. But it still feels like the 20s because of the stupid wind!
Old 12-04-2006, 07:50 PM   #32
JayMcGee
Cardigan-wearing man

culture shock.

I guess you guys are talking fahrenheit...... over here, even old fuddy-duddies like me have moved to celsius. However, I am intrigued - one of you guys was in Missouri, which I'd always figured as 'hot' state. Do you really have such temperature variations over there? I know Canada does (I have Brit emigree friends there) but I did not know that the more southern states also experienced this.
Old 12-05-2006, 07:24 PM   #33
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Friends that live just northeast of Orlando, Florida, came up for Christmas a couple years ago. They left Florida a day later than expected because their water pipe from the well, froze.
Old 12-05-2006, 07:32 PM   #34
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayMcGee
However, I am intrigued - one of you guys was in Missouri, which I'd always figured as 'hot' state.
Check this out Jay. Its a USDA gardening map with comparisons to Europe.
Old 12-05-2006, 09:53 PM   #35
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Quote:
culture shock.

I guess you guys are talking fahrenheit...... over here, even old fuddy-duddies like me have moved to celsius. However, I am intrigued - one of you guys was in Missouri, which I'd always figured as 'hot' state. Do you really have such temperature variations over there? I know Canada does (I have Brit emigree friends there) but I did not know that the more southern states also experienced this.
Missouri is hot and humid in the summer, cold and mostly dry in the winter...and some combination of the two, sometimes in a 24 hour span, the rest of the year. Occasionally, just for fun, we like to throw a major flood or an outbreak of tornadoes.
Old 12-05-2006, 11:29 PM   #36
dar512
dar512 is now Pete Zicato

It's remarkable how toasty 33F feels after teens and twenties.
Old 12-06-2006, 06:07 AM   #37
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Got a full sized, chock-full, pickup load of wood delivered last night for $60. I'm pleased. Gonna be toasty warm here next time it actually drops below 30 outside.
Old 12-06-2006, 12:34 PM   #38
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

It was 3 degrees short a record high (in the 80s!) the day that temps dropped to below freezing and we had sleet. It was crazy...but thats Texas for ya!
Old 12-06-2006, 03:50 PM   #39
Iggy
Back and ready to tart up the place

Quote:
culture shock.

We are indeed talking fahrenheit. It would probably be better if we went to celsius, but that probably will never happen. Here in Kansas we have huge variations lots of times. I always thought it was just Kansas, but it looks like many states have the same thing happen to them. It is just the way the weather goes. From what I understand, it is mainly the coast areas that don't get the large variations but as I have only ever lived in Kansas I do not know for sure if that is really the case.

We get really hot in the summer and cold in the winter. We have regular highs in the nineties and hundreds in the summer, but because of the humidity it feels even hotter. The winter usually gets in the teens with wind chills below zero. We have about one month of good weather twice a year in the spring and summer. lol
Old 12-06-2006, 08:09 PM   #40
busterb
NSABFD

Boy I love this dry cold weather. Yeah right. We're about 17" short of rain this year. When you run around the house in sweats and go to load heater. You can hear the pop and see the spark. Wish I knew how to set up camera to get the shot.
Old 12-06-2006, 08:12 PM   #41
Griff
still says videotape

I think I know where your 17" fell, man its wet here. Snow tonight btw!
Old 12-06-2006, 08:24 PM   #42
JayMcGee
Cardigan-wearing man

Thanks for that map, Griff. That really brought it home to me. Over here, tnhough we think we have more than our fair share of rain, we have nothing like the temperature variations that seem to occurr across most of your states. I guess you colonials
Old 12-06-2006, 08:26 PM   #43
JayMcGee
Cardigan-wearing man

are indeed a hardy race. It seems our emmigration policy was more successful than we hoped for.