The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 10-26-2010, 08:09 AM   #1
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Brown Shirts?

Rand Paul Supporters Violently Assault Female MoveOn Rep Outside KY-Sen Debate Site
Old 10-26-2010, 11:19 AM   #2
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Attached Images

Old 10-26-2010, 11:21 AM   #3
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Bunch of goddam fucking rednecks.

That head stomping guy needs shot in the face. Gave me flashbacks to American History X.

(late edit: AND flashbacks to The Tracy Thurmann story where the woman got her head stomped on repeatedly by her abusive ex fuck piece of shit goddam husband.)

Zero tolerance.

Last edited by Shawnee123; 10-26-2010 at 11:42 AM.
Shawnee123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 11:39 AM   #4
Flint
Snowflake

He didn't stomp on her head, his foot slipped!

while he was stomping on a different part of her

while she was on the ground getting B F I T M
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 12:22 PM   #5
SamIam

Kentucky can have their neo-nazi. I'm just glad I don't live there anymore. I looked him up and he sounds like the standard politician du jour, feeding the masses what they want to hear and not meaning a single word.

It warms my heart to see that he is apparently in the coal industry's hip pocket. The EPA's very shadow shall not desecrate eastern Kentucky's strip mines, slag heaps, unsightly tailings, etc. Let those hillbilly miners stay black on the outside to remind them of their role as Kentucky's perpetual underclass.

I sent Paul an e-mail on his campaign site demanding that he apologize to the lady in question. I'm not holding my breath.
SamIam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 03:37 PM   #6
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

His name is Mike Pezzano from the committee to organize that rally.
Attached Images

Old 10-26-2010, 04:02 PM   #7
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Another one, Tim Profitt, claims to be the actual head stomper. The article says he apologized, but the only provided details of the apology are that the camera angle made it look worse than it was, the police should have gotten involved, and that the victim had been reported to authorities.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 04:36 PM   #8
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

Tea partiers are some mean bad asses, huh. Thats just disgusting and seriously sick.

Last edited by Pico and ME; 10-26-2010 at 04:48 PM.
Pico and ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 06:01 PM   #9
Bogart
Gustatus similis pullus

Until people stop tearing each other apart, nothing is much likely to get done. You don't change someone's political leanings by giving their head a good stomping. It's not the individual that is to blame.

It's an odd thing to watch. I was rooting for the tea party, because it started as a real organization based in the solid beliefs of individuals who were pissed about the bailouts. Then Hannity, Palin and others stepped in to redirect and suddenly all talk of the bailouts was gone. That familiar mantra that "what's good for business is good for the individual" was touted and all talk is now seemingly back on the old course. I figure there are a few people out there with a clear vision, but mostly I see that people are easily manipulated.

One thing Obama has done is completely polarize the majority of the populous against the Democrats. Things are so bad that suddenly Bush is welcome. I see this as an indicator that the next president elect will be the biggest, baddest bastard to have come along yet. I'm guessing it will be Perry from Texas, but who really knows. I'm just positive it will be curtains for all of us.

One thing is for certain, government never relinquishes power.
Bogart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 06:09 PM   #10
piercehawkeye45
Franklin Pierce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogart View Post
Until people stop tearing each other apart, nothing is much likely to get done. You don't change someone's political leanings by giving their head a good stomping.
True. Molotov Cocktails work much better.

Although honestly I don't see civilian political extremism necessarily as bad as long as it doesn't go too far. They are the ones that will actually get shit done compared to moderates. It's when political extremism gets into the government that we get a problem. Civilians can only push politics one way or another, elected officials can do some real damage.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:50 PM   #11
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

You call stomping a person on the head on a curb "civilian political extremism?" I ask this in the knowledge that this is your first contribution to this thread, therefore not very negotiable by way of past posts or some sort of nuance I might have missed.

That's a lovely turn of phrase for an ugly act.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:04 PM   #12
Bogart
Gustatus similis pullus

Quote:
Originally Posted by piercehawkeye45 View Post
True. Molotov Cocktails work much better.

Although honestly I don't see civilian political extremism necessarily as bad as long as it doesn't go too far. They are the ones that will actually get shit done compared to moderates. It's when political extremism gets into the government that we get a problem. Civilians can only push politics one way or another, elected officials can do some real damage.
I cheer both sides, as long as someone is getting up and doing something, anything.... But I don't agree, or understand the hypocritical action of ganging up and shouting down someone countering your exercise of free speech. I guess that's what happens when frustration sets due to a lack of leadership and an inability to be clever with a calm head.

It was a despicable act. One lone voice amongst a sea of supporters and (possibly) the organizer decides it is a good idea to stomp their head? WTF? I'm sure the other 364 days he's a normal guy, but there's seriously something unresolved in his personality.

Extremism is effective because it involves goals and a clear vision. Induce a dose of altruism into your subjects and you are good to go with a rabid mob ahead of you. No politician has risen up yet which can seem to muster that kind of support, so we continue into the abyss. With all that has occurred, and is still happening, you'd think someone could rally a little righteous indignation amongst the people.

....and I don't mean by pitting them against each other.

Anarchy is effective too, but it always ends the same way. Some leader rises from the ashes and ends up a dictator.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:05 PM   #13
piercehawkeye45
Franklin Pierce

Shawnee:
Assault would fall under the "goes too far" category. The views of the more extreme tea partiers would be under "civilian political extremism".

The tea party has potential to make a positive impact on our deficit and it is the more extreme members that will get the most done. The more extreme members will be the ones that have the motivation to do more activism and whatnot compared to moderate tea partiers. Whether they are actually having a positive impact is another story.

Political extremists will be the ones that shift the politics to one side (think labor laws and anarchists or civil and womens rights by activists who were considered extremists at the time) and the moderates will, ideally, prevent them from going too far.

Although, this only applies to intelligent political activists that actually know how to shift political opinion. Terrorism will not shift political opinion. Stomping someone's face into the curb will not shift political opinion. Killing animals to "free them from injustice" will not shift political opinion.

Also, when political extremists get elected into office they have much more power and will do much more damage.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:07 PM   #14
Bogart
Gustatus similis pullus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee123 View Post
You call stomping a person on the head on a curb "civilian political extremism?" I ask this in the knowledge that this is your first contribution to this thread, therefore not very negotiable by way of past posts or some sort of nuance I might have missed.

That's a lovely turn of phrase for an ugly act.
I'm guessing this falls under his "as long as it doesn't go too far." qualifier.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:12 PM   #15
piercehawkeye45
Franklin Pierce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogart View Post
Extremism is effective because it involves goals and a clear vision. Induce a dose of altruism into your subjects and you are good to go with a rabid mob ahead of you. No politician has risen up yet which can seem to muster that kind of support, so we continue into the abyss. With all that has occurred, and is still happening, you'd think someone could rally a little righteous indignation amongst the people.

....and I don't mean by pitting them against each other.
I don't think Americans will get too violent even if a leaders tries that route. Palin and Obama have gotten a lot of support and I don't think anyone more extreme will be able to accomplish what they have. Americans are very good at complaining but I see very few actually resorting to violence unless it gets REALLY bad economically.