The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 02-27-2007, 09:18 AM   #16
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

I think #5 or #7 would need the least revisions, myself. I hate the book-and-pen thing in #1, and also the colors and "wacky" font.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar
I like the sort of asian little house design in the middle except for the cross in the middle of the window that looks too much like a crucifix for my comfort.
Here's the thing: a large portion of your clientele will be Christian homeschoolers, who will distinctly prefer to buy from a Christian company. So if you let the window pane be ambiguous--a cross to Christians and a window pane to everyone else--you'll have the best of both worlds, IMHO. I think with some color changes and a totally different font, #7 could be really good.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 09:23 AM   #17
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

#7. It has a Disney-esque quality. I'd change the colors tho.....needs some chalkboard green somewhere.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 09:30 AM   #18
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

I like 1 and 3...but the color scheme on 1 looks much better imho.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:16 AM   #19
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheldonrs View Post
I like #1 the most with #3 my second choice.

They remind me of the logo for the org. where I work.
Where do you work? Do you know where I can see that logo?
Old 02-27-2007, 10:18 AM   #20
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabRat View Post
I initially liked #1 the best, with the following revisions:

The "Homeschool" font shouldn't be so cartoonish, people don't homeschool for fun. I like the font of #2 (but with a regular H). I also like the two shades of blue in #2, they seem to be a little more feminine than the other color schemes, and I'm guessing that mostly women are going to be your buyers (but I may be TOTALLY wrong--don't flame me). Since #1 is a little more complicated than #2, a third color is definately needed.

Neat idea, good luck!!
I'm still trying to figure out what that curly line is supposed to be coming off the book in #1. Thanks for the well wishes. I hope this pans out.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:20 AM   #21
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim View Post
#7. It has a Disney-esque quality. I'd change the colors tho.....needs some chalkboard green somewhere.
I could see that little house being drawn in chalk on a green background.
Old 02-27-2007, 11:15 AM   #22
LabRat
twatfaced two legged bumhole

on #1, ditch the book/pen thing, add a piece of chalk drawing the roof...i do like the roof because it brings the HOME into homeschooling...
Old 02-27-2007, 11:31 AM   #23
LabRat
twatfaced two legged bumhole

quickie photoshop job...add maybe a piece of chalk or something...tried to get the roof 'chalkboard green
'
Attached Images

Old 02-27-2007, 12:13 PM   #24
glatt

I like the idea of the "Home School" being under a roof.
I also like the idea of "Supply House" being nice and big so people know this is a business, damn it.

I liked the idea of the chalkboard, and it got me thinking about how in the old days people like Abraham Lincoln would have a small chalkboard for their home schooling with a little piece of chalk tied to it.

Maybe this is too, ahem, old school, but this was my thought.

I'm certainly no graphic designer and this is no good as it appears here, but it gives you the idea. If you go with it, or something derived from it, I only ask that you make a small contribution to the Cellar tip mug.
Attached Images

glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 12:57 PM   #25
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

I like lab's logo but not the colors. That basic dark green with a pastel-like turquoisey color...no. Stick with primaries and secondaries (imho)
Old 02-27-2007, 01:10 PM   #26
monster
I hear them call the tide

...a lot of the people I know who home school do so to get away from the "tied to the chalk board" thing. But then they might also not be interested in commercial supplies.....
Old 02-27-2007, 06:16 PM   #27
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I like #1, but the more I look at the samples, the less connected my brain becomes ... I started to read HomeSchool Ho'meyshul ... which I suppose is an African American Jewish Academy.

I've been working too hard.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 07:18 PM   #28
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

Ok, I went with design number 1, but I asked for some samples with different fonts and colors. If you go to the same website now, you'll see design number 1 but with all different colors and fonts.

I'm also going to talk to them and ask them to take away that curly swish thing coming off the book.

I was thinking about going with a pencil rather than a pen, and I'd really like the words SUPPLY HOUSE to be added to this logo because I don't want people to forget that it's a business, and it's a one-stop-shop for homeschool supplies.
Old 02-27-2007, 07:45 PM   #29
monster
I hear them call the tide

I like #5, although I think maybe tweak the colors a little -get a little more contrast in there. And Add "Supply House" -perhaps with "supply" in the Same color as "school" and "House" in the same color as "home".

Another I'd be interested to see it with the word Homeschool in lower case, and also in lower case but with the H capitalized (but no space) to introduce a "HS -SH" pattern:

HomeSchool
Supply House

HomeSchool
Supply House

just testing:

colorcombo
colorcombo
colorcombo
colorcombo
colorcombo
color combo
colorcombo
colorcombo
Old 02-27-2007, 07:46 PM   #30
jamamaspoke
jamamaspoke

I like #1 nice font for what you are doing - can it be enlarged just a bit? Don't like the colors. Also like #3 for the font.
jamamaspoke is offline   Reply With Quote