The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 11-06-2009, 10:05 PM   #1
monster
I hear them call the tide

New crazy-busy record attempt....

Our kids do a lot of sports stuff. They all swim, they all play soccer, one plays hockey, one figure skates.... Strange when both beest and my best olympic hope lay in the right arm beverage lift....

Tomorrow presents a new level of utter nuttiness. I far surpass the rank of overscheduling soccer/hockey/swim mom but I feel the need to share just so you know how bad it could be and actually you're not so bad... (and yes, they're all desperate to do all of the things on their schedule.)

So, the background. Allegedly soccer season ended last week. The swim team is attending a USA meet this weekend, the events Hebe and Hector want to swim are on Saturday (Hebe in the am, hector in the pm *sigh*), so i sign them up in septemeber and pay the fee. Thor has a hockey game that day too, but that's OK. two parents, two venues..... NOT SO FAST. monster. Let's rain off a day of soccer and get all three games rescheduled for that saturday! Thinking of saying "no can do, we have other commitments" ? well, these now become the last games of the season and all the teams decide to party immediately after the game (and do awards etc). Tell your kids they can't do that, bitch! Or drop the swim meet where the team has already committed to pay the coach and the psyche sheets are already printed so the team will get a bad rep for no-shows -especially after last week's appalling turn-out....

So tomorrow we have two swim meets that span half a day each, three soccer games, one hockey game and two awards parties.

we can do it, with the help of two rides from soccer games to parties, beest driving back and forth like a cat watching pong and me going the diatance to thor's away game. But i actually had to write out sheets for where we all should be at any given time.

here's a summary

7am Hebe and monster to swim meet
8:30 Beest and Thor to soccer
10am thor is whisked to post-game party by friend
11am Beest and hector to Soccer
11;30 monster leaves hebe at meet to get thor
12pm Monster takes Thor to hockey
12:10 beest pulls hector from soccer at half time and takes to swim meet
12;30 Hebe checks hector in to swim meet in case he doesn't get there before checkin closes
12;45 beest leaves hector at swim meet warm up and takes hebe to soccer, grabbing the psyche sheet for the meet from her en route
1;00 hebe arrives at soccer, beest heads back to swim meet.
2;15 hebe is driven to post-game party by friend,
2;15 monster and Thor head back to town and dexcise whether to attend hector's swim meet or hebe's party

and yes I should be in bed now, but :p
Old 11-06-2009, 10:29 PM   #2
dar512
dar512 is now Pete Zicato

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
So tomorrow we have two swim meets that span half a day each, three soccer games, one hockey game and two awards parties.
♪ ♫ And a partridge in a pear tree ♫ ♪

I don't know how you and Beest do it, Monnie. Best of luck with that.
Old 11-06-2009, 10:38 PM   #3
monster

yeah, we don't either ...yet.....
Old 11-06-2009, 11:26 PM   #4
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

Thats Too Much , Way Too Much , who haz time to Breath when ???
Old 11-06-2009, 11:28 PM   #5
monster

beest breathes at 6:03, then I get 6:04... the kids are swimmers so they only get to breathe on the 5....
Old 11-06-2009, 11:28 PM   #6
Cloud

geez, I can hardly make myself go to the grocery store on the weekend. I both admire you for your obvious care and love for your kids; and abhore the whole jockiness and Type A-ness of your routine.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:30 PM   #7
monster

If we never go through this again, it will be too soon... fucking rain-dates
Old 11-07-2009, 01:42 AM   #8
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Talk about a Monster-ous carbon footprint.
Old 11-07-2009, 06:31 AM   #9
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

Can't you just borrow a couple of kids from the neighbours for the day?
Old 11-07-2009, 09:14 AM   #10
glatt

If those soccer games are rain date games, in the glatt household, we would probably just blow them off if they conflicted with another important activity. But sometimes it's a difficult judgment call what to miss. That would be too much for us though. We'd skip either the swimming or the soccer and send our regrets.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 09:44 AM   #11
SamIam

SamIam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 06:49 PM   #12
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
If those soccer games are rain date games, in the glatt household, we would probably just blow them off if they conflicted with another important activity.

Right, that's what I was tempted to do, but because they now became the last games, the end of season parties and "awards" were held after them which is unforgiveable to miss.... the kids would have been happier to blow of the swim meet (Hector at least) but not only did we already pay for their entries, the club pays for the coach to attend so that's a real no-no too...

actually it all went very smoothly. Hebe and Hector each got two new personal bests at their meets, Hebe was apparently "invaluable" in defence in soccer, Thor got his first shot on goal in hockey and I now have beer

The only downer is that it was a gorgeous day -sunny, temps in the 60s, perfect for soccer ......and I spent it indoors, didn't see a single kick. Well kick of the ball. Plenty of kicks in swimming and one or two in hockey too