The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 01-30-2004, 05:25 PM   #91
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally posted by sycamore
Thanks Warch...you're always a good egg.

Yeah, but she looks like one of them mexicans.
Old 01-30-2004, 11:15 PM   #92
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally posted by dar512
Quotas only harm other entrants and continue 'us vs. them' thinking.
There are no quotas per se. Numerical quotas for AA are illegal (1978). So are point systems (2003).
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 12:29 AM   #93
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally posted by FelinesAreFine
Also, have you noticed that all Mormons are Caucasian? I'll never live in Utah.
HP is in a better position to discuss the LDS than I, but they have a very active missionary program around the world.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 12:39 AM   #94
elSicomoro

Former football player (now sportscaster) Vai Sikahema is a Mormon bishop in the Philadelphia area...he is Tongan, as in Polynesian, as in not Caucasian.
Old 01-31-2004, 08:23 PM   #95
FelinesAreFine
...they think I'm rich

ladysycamore, you are one of the most discriminatory people I've ever met. You are also one of the most racist people I've ever met. Your ideas are far from the norm.

Also, you love to quote people, but have nothing to say that has any substance. You quote whole phrases, sentences and posts just to say a word or two then go on to quote another post from someone else. And then post another back to back! Don't you have any of your own ideas? Your terribly long posts are boring and uninteresting and one tends to pass over them just to read your one single word or two. Please, for the sake of sanity, at least post your own thoughts.

You love to dish it out, but you can't take it in. Same for your alter ego, sycamore.

Last edited by FelinesAreFine; 01-31-2004 at 08:29 PM.
FelinesAreFine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 08:31 PM   #96
FelinesAreFine
...they think I'm rich

Sycamore Clan: do you know what I look like? You sure make out like you do. You and I are more kin than you know.
Old 01-31-2004, 08:39 PM   #97
elSicomoro

FAF, you are a whiny-ass bitch who has made a claim proven to be false and is now attempting character assassination. I can't help but wonder if maybe you are the racist...at the very least, you're a flamer.

I don't know what you look like and quite frankly, I don't care. Furthermore, I hope to God that we're not kin b/c you would be an embarrassment to me.
Old 01-31-2004, 09:04 PM   #98
FelinesAreFine
...they think I'm rich

Actually, I'm not a racist, because I give everyone a fair chance. I don't believe in giving anyone a head start. By the way you have presented yourself, you have proved to me that you dislike Caucasians because of what happened way before you were ever even thought of. That is racism. You have whined and complained about everyone. Your last post proves even more how much you can't accept anyone countering you. Debate you cannot. I am half black, but I was raised that if you want anything, you must do it for yourself. You have the mentality that everyone owes you something because you are black. That's a real pity, because that condones laziness and stupidity. And that gives the rest of us hard working blacks a bad name. Shame on you! I am not African! I AM AN AMERICAN!
Old 01-31-2004, 09:38 PM   #99
elSicomoro

Quote:
By the way you have presented yourself, you have proved to me that you dislike Caucasians because of what happened way before you were ever even thought of.
Like I care what I've proven to a troll.

Quote:
Your last post proves even more how much you can't accept anyone countering you. Debate you cannot.
Time for you to do some homework. I've got 3 years and 6500 posts that say otherwise...ask around and go review my posts. You started off well, but then resorted to insults and character assassination, not to mention, you made statements about the Mormons that are blatantly false. You're currently unworthy of a proper debate. Now, if you want to get your act together and properly debate this issue, let me know. I like a good debate.

Quote:
You have the mentality that everyone owes you something because you are black. That's a real pity, because that condones laziness and stupidity. And that gives the rest of us hard working blacks a bad name. Shame on you!
I'm Native American (as in Cherokee) and Caucasian.

Silly you!

Last edited by elSicomoro; 01-31-2004 at 09:41 PM.
Old 01-31-2004, 09:51 PM   #100
FelinesAreFine
...they think I'm rich

Just because you posted so many times on this site gives you the authority to bully people around? What kind of logic is that? You obviously think Caucasians AND blacks are stupid because you keep quoting me when I already know what I've said. You needn't quote me to talk to me. Redundant, wouldn't you say? All of that could have been said without quoting.

Admit it. You hate me because I'm half white. And because I debate you. And you must hate blacks, too, because you got even more fired up when I said I was half black.

Oh, and I'm native American, too. I was born here.

You started off horribly. You told me in your first post ever to me to not post a welcome message unless I posted to other people 10 times. Without so much as a "Hi! am sycamore and thank you for coming." And yes it was another quote. It was not a warm welcome. It was cold and lifeless.

Last edited by FelinesAreFine; 01-31-2004 at 10:00 PM.
FelinesAreFine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 11:23 PM   #101
elSicomoro

Quote:
Just because you posted so many times on this site gives you the authority to bully people around? What kind of logic is that?
You stated that I can't accept people countering me and that I cannot debate. I pointed out that my 3 years and 6500 posts would prove you wrong. Not to mention, plenty of Cellarites would also say you're wrong.

I have no authority on the Cellar, other than my own forum. However, we do practice self-policing around here. You just joined 4 days ago, and have already resorted to insulting people and making false statements...keep that up and you'll either be ignored, not taken seriously or called out on it.

Quote:
You obviously think Caucasians AND blacks are stupid because you keep quoting me when I already know what I've said. You needn't quote me to talk to me. Redundant, wouldn't you say? All of that could have been said without quoting.
Many people on the Cellar use the quote function to reply to particular parts of a person's post, as I am doing now with your last post here. I don't find it redundant at all, as I think it helps posts make more sense and flow better.

Quote:
You started off horribly. You told me in your first post ever to me to not post a welcome message unless I posted to other people 10 times. Without so much as a "Hi! am sycamore and thank you for coming." And yes it was another quote. It was not a warm welcome. It was cold and lifeless.
What was the last line of my reply to your first post? Do you remember? Let me refresh your memory:

Quote:
Originally posted by sycamore 1/27/2004
Nothing against you personally, FAF...welcome.
For the most part, it was a joke. Besides...I don't have the power to create that kind of rule, and I don't know if the vBulletin software can even be set up like that. I'm sorry if you didn't get the joke, but if you chose to take it personally, that's your problem.

Like I said, if you want to get your act together and debate AA, I'm all for it. But if you want to keep insulting folks and making ridiculous statements, then piss off.
Old 02-01-2004, 01:22 AM   #102
elSicomoro

Quote:
You love to dish it out, but you can't take it in. Same for your alter ego, sycamore.
No alter ego involved...we're two different people. At least half a dozen Cellarites can verify that, as they've met us in person.
Old 02-01-2004, 01:54 AM   #103
elSicomoro

Let's look at AA from another perspective...

Everyone is aware that women are also covered under AA, right? So the playing field is "slanted" for them, too. (And FAF said there was nothing for Caucasians...pshaw!) From what I've seen and read, women encounter many of the same obstacles that minorities do. And keep in mind that there are almost 5 million more women in this country than men (2000 US Census).

Those of you opposed to AA, how do you feel about this? Should women-only colleges, high schools and scholarships be eliminated? Should "gender pride" go?

Also, have some of you out there been discriminated against because of your gender?

Discuss.
Old 02-02-2004, 03:25 PM   #104
russotto
Professor

By "certain whites", I mean that some of those now considered whites were ALSO historically discriminated against.

If you want a level playing field, step one is to stop distorting it.
russotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 03:30 PM   #105
russotto
Professor

Quote:
Originally posted by warch

Its not slanted against. The white opportunities still exist, they are the tradition. (how many white college students and grads do we have in the cellar?)
It's a bias, not a bar. It results in an edge effect. Sure, still lots of opportunity for white people. But, all other things being equal, the white guy who gets 950 on his SATs and a 2.6 average might lose out to the black guy who gets 900 and 2.3 respectively. On the financial side, the black guy might have access to all sorts of scholarships the white guy does not.

Occasionally it does get more blatant, as when companies and/or agencies are ordered to hire ONLY black people or lay off ONLY white people. But usually it's an edge effect.
russotto is offline   Reply With Quote