The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 12-23-2011, 11:07 AM   #1
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Tampa cops pepper spray a guy to death

a horror show of torture and abuse and murder ... no charges brought

if you live in Florida... move

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/new...soner-12142011

Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 01:44 PM   #2
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

This is how people come to hate police officers.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 01:54 PM   #3
glatt

There's not much to say about this picture. It's wrong on every level, and those responsible belong behind bars. They should not be protected by other police officers or by the DA.

I hope that the civil lawsuit payout is enormous and that the officers responsible are financially destroyed. Make an example of them.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 02:42 PM   #4
Griff
still says videotape

Unbelievable. And yet, believable.
Old 12-23-2011, 07:47 PM   #5
Stormieweather
Wearing her bitch boots

Yeah, I read this earlier. It is terrible and horrific! I am completely disgusted. The people responsible should be punished severely.

FYI: It occurred in Lee County, not Tampa (which is in Hillsborough County). Tampa reported it.
Old 12-23-2011, 08:57 PM   #6
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

WTF? WTFF?
Old 12-24-2011, 10:47 AM   #7
regular.joe
Старый сержант

God Fucking Damit!!!

Thank's all I have to say about that.

Death, like birth, is a secret of Nature. - Marcus Aurelius.
regular.joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 12:31 PM   #8
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Just a note, this happened 2 1/2 years ago! and it still hasn't gone to trial.

http://www.care2.com/causes/florida-...by-police.html
Old 12-24-2011, 12:34 PM   #9
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

This is one of the reasons that I oppose most of the proposals for tort reform. You will get cases where the government fails to properly investigate and punish the government or business. In these cases, having to justify themselves to civil jury is the last recourse.

This provides the disincentive to misbehave that the lack of criminal prosecution does not. Since one of the great fears is the unpredictability of the award, setting a cap would remove that.

Imagine if instead of having homicides charged with anywhere from manslaughter to capital murder with actual time served anywhere from a few months to death or life imprisonment, someone came up with a rule that said the sentence for all homicides would be capped at 24 months.

I still wonder if the Justice Department can get involved. The fact that the victim is from another state sort of argues for federal involvement.
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 01:16 PM   #10
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

i can't stand cops that abuse their job. there are those, unfortunately, that have forgotten what they swore to do. i lost almost 4 years of my life, not to mention my mother while away, to cops and DA's, who didn't give a rats ass about the truth.
Old 12-24-2011, 07:34 PM   #11
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plthijinx View Post
i can't stand cops that abuse their job.
Many share the same disgust. But then I always cite the perfect example of civilians doing the exact same thing. One will either entertain their emotions or follow the facts. Mission Accomplished. Most are so easily manipulated by their feelings as to even know Saddam had WMDs. Cops may do same.

It is politically incorrect among extremists. But moderates learn why cops make these mistakes. Frontline on PBS demonstrated what happens when someone foolishly entertains instinct rather than make decisions only in facts. The Confessions shows how cops and prosecutors routinely entertained their emotions to keep accusing an increasing number of 'suspects' in a rape and killing. At least one was in a town nearby the Cellar (in PA) when cops in Norfolk VA were accusing even him of rape / murder.

When obvious that cops were illogical, still, the system refused to exonerate the accused. Seven people, completely unrelated and unknown to each other, just all decided to rape and murder one lady in her apartment?

Long time later, a repeat rapist was discovered to have done this all by his lonesome. How could cops be so corrupt as to jump to conclusions?

Like I said, if you knew Saddam had WMDS, then you too are just as easily deceived. Do not follow the facts. Also entertain your emotions.

At this point, many may have downloaded "The Confessions" long ago when originally discussed. It is not an isolated event. A problem especially worse in TX where prosecutors even admit the imprisoned are innocent. And still refuse to release the prisoner or expunge records. Emotion (also called a political agenda) is more important. Many cops entertain their emotions rather than deal with facts and reality. Because, well, how many also knew those Saddam WMDs were not justified by any facts? Welcome to a glass house.

We can blame people. Or we can address the actual problem. One similar example is the Tea Party. This problem goes far beyond cops.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 09:25 PM   #12
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

One.
Trick.
Pony.
Old 12-24-2011, 09:40 PM   #13
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
snip.... We can blame people. Or we can address the actual problem. One similar example is the Tea Party. This problem goes far beyond cops.
sir, just saying, you have no clue. BUT you are correct. these days all the cops care about is arrests for their resume. DA's only care about convictions for their resumes. DA's don't give a hoot nanny about the truth. here in texas they don't care at all. nor do they do any research to find out if who they are prosecuting is innocent. they fucking suck. they don't care and they dont even deserve their paycheck imho.
Old 12-25-2011, 03:46 AM   #14
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

... so plausible, and yet, when I see Big Sarge and read his posts, it seems completely impossible. He is clearly an essentially good person, and I suspect the majority of police are, yet some are clearly very much not so. I just don't understand how any police department can go so bad.
Old 12-25-2011, 08:32 AM   #15
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

the police in my area....yikkes on a bike, they are motherfuc*ers.

I was TASED whilst in my own house.

Yes, it's true. Some big, fat, criminal of a cop tased me in my own home.

I saw him one time driving down a street. I nearly turned around to follow him but cooler heads prevailed.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote