The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 10-30-2006, 07:06 PM   #1
marichiko

Colorado may sue Feds over illegals

I was looking over the issues on Colorado's ballot in the upcoming election, and was deeply amused to find a referendum calling for the state of Colorado to sue the Federal government for the money Colorado spends enforcing Federal immigration laws. There are quite a few illegals here in southwestern Colorado, and I've never noticed Colorado doing much about them. Apparently Colorado doesn't have the money in its state budget to chase down anybody who makes it over our upcoming fence to the south and starts picking pintos in Dove Creek for $2.00/hr. Colorado contends that since it didn't make the law, it shouldn't have to pay to enforce it. Either the Feds start sending us money to put more law enforcement out in the potato and bean fields or else Colorado will sue the Feds for damages, pain, and suffering, etc.

The movement seems to be gathering some local momentum, anyhow. Today, driving home past a pinto farm, I saw two large signs. One read "Mexicans, welcome!" and the second read "Enjoy your stay in Colorado!"
Old 10-30-2006, 09:42 PM   #2
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Sorry I thought it said colorado was going to sue my sister or something. I'm gonna go look for my glasses.

Sorry, continue...