The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Relationships
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Relationships People who need people; or, why can't we all just get along?

Old 08-05-2005, 06:33 PM   #1
Mr.Anon.E.Mouse
Hiding behind a Belgian Chimay

Married and digging it.

Ok, so it's only been 2 weeks, but YEAH! I love it! Just thought I'd share.
"Intelligence is the capacity to receive, decode and transmit information efficiently. Stupidity is blockage of this process at any point. Bigotry, ideologies etc. block the ability to receive; robotic reality-tunnels block the ability to decode or integrate new signals; censorship blocks transmission." -Robert Anton Wilson
Mr.Anon.E.Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 06:38 PM   #2
be-bop
Operations Operative

Married and loving it

Mr.Anon.E.Mouse Ok, so it's only been 2 weeks, but YEAH! I love it! Just thought I'd share.

If it's only been two weeks why are you nattering on a message board

Has the novelty worn off????
be-bop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 06:40 PM   #3
Mr.Anon.E.Mouse

I sit in front of of a computer ALL day with no one else to talk to. This is me socializing!
"Intelligence is the capacity to receive, decode and transmit information efficiently. Stupidity is blockage of this process at any point. Bigotry, ideologies etc. block the ability to receive; robotic reality-tunnels block the ability to decode or integrate new signals; censorship blocks transmission." -Robert Anton Wilson
Old 08-06-2005, 09:42 AM   #4
Hobbs
Professor for the school of ass-clownery

Wow, Mr. Mouse is all over this board!

Take is from someone who has been married for almost 13 years, try not to hate after 12 years. Two weeks your still in the honeymoon stage. After a year, you'll start to notice all the quirks that you thought were cute are dowright annoying.

But I digress.....

Congrats on the marriage. Good luck to you both.
Old 08-06-2005, 11:10 AM   #5
Mr.Anon.E.Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbs
Wow, Mr. Mouse is all over this board!

Take is from someone who has been married for almost 13 years, try not to hate after 12 years. Two weeks your still in the honeymoon stage. After a year, you'll start to notice all the quirks that you thought were cute are dowright annoying.

But I digress.....

Congrats on the marriage. Good luck to you both.

We've lived together for 3 years already, so we're both pretty aware of each other's foibles.

Folks have asked us if we feel differently after going through that whole 'getting married' process. Initially, I didn't but now I do. I feel closer to her and more responsible.

I'm stoked.

Old 08-06-2005, 09:01 PM   #6
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
marriage and living together are two different critters. If I may trot out an old chestnut:

Involvement and commitment can be compared to bacon and eggs for breakfast. The chicken is involved but the pig is commited. (sp?)

Nevertheless, marriage can be as much as you make it. Have a blast. We're going on 8 years and it seems like a few months.
Old 08-06-2005, 11:27 PM   #7
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

16 years here , BEST thing I EVER did !!!!!
NEVER let the honeymoon end !!!!!!
Folks will laugh at you , but you know what ????
FUCK THEM !!!!!
Life is Toooo short not to have some body to travel along the road of life with you !!!!!!

Congrats and good luck for a Looooong future togather !!!!
Old 08-07-2005, 06:06 AM   #8
Griff
still says videotape

Congrats! Commit to each other, be flexible, and keep your dreams compatible. Remember to say nice things when you're thinking them.
Old 08-09-2005, 10:39 AM   #9
happywife
Person Who Has Posted

I've been married for six months, and I lived with my husband four and a half years previous to our marriage. I disagree with the people who say that marriage and cohabitaion are so dissimilar - we had a mortgage, bank accounts, cars and insurance together before we married, and we always laugh about how married life is exactly the same as life was before - with the exception that now, instead of our families asking when we're going to get married, they ask when we're having kids. Same amount of pressure, just in different areas. I enjoy being married - but I think that realistic expectations are the foundation of a contented union.
happywife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 09:21 AM   #10
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

erf. lived together for 4 married for 5. at least i got the house. had this conversation with someone yesterday. we got married for the wrong reasons. family pressure from her side. worst mistake i ever made, with one small almost 4 year old exception.

oh, and good luck!
Old 08-12-2005, 11:44 AM   #11
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Marriage...wow.

Married or not, spending your entire life, sharing every aspect, good or bad, with someone else is equal parts reward and trial. Finding the rewards and declaring them to outweigh the trials is the test of true love.
Old 08-12-2005, 12:09 PM   #12
glatt

The trick is finding the right person for you. I'm lucky that way. 12 years so far. We've gone through a lot together, and have done it as a team. It's nice to know that someone's got your back.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 01:17 PM   #13
Queen of the Ryche
is fleeing the scene

Yup. My husband is my best friend. Anyone who says a marriage takes work must be in the wrong marriage - we've been together 8 years, married 5, never had a fight - sure we disagree, but it's never anything we can't just talk loudly about and get over. We bring out the best in each other, encourage each other, and truly enjoy spending time together.
(This is my second - I call my first "the test run".)

I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six.
Queen of the Ryche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 08:28 PM   #14
cjjulie
Colonist Extraordinaire

Married 14 years and still in the honeymoon stage! It only gets better
Old 08-15-2005, 10:03 PM   #15
Queen of the Ryche
is fleeing the scene

A-freakin-men Julie!!!

I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six.
Queen of the Ryche is offline   Reply With Quote