Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 12-17-2010, 09:40 PM   #2506
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

"The law of unintended consequences must be gaulling to the masses of insured."
Old 01-08-2011, 03:02 PM   #2507
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

Increasing numbers of small businesses now offering insurance for their employees thanks to ObamaCare.

That doesn't sound job-killing to me.
Pico and ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 12:57 PM   #2508
TheMercenary

I the idea of saying it is job killing is a ruse. It is giving thousand of new jobs to the insurance companies. Obamacare is a failure in many ways. It has a few things that should be retained the rest should be chucked in the trash. We only need to look at the Massachusetts healthcare plan to see where this is going. This is going right where I predicted it would be. Higher costs, higher premiums, less options, more government control for you, no government control on the actual cost of care.

And among the laws of unintended consequences we have this great news...

Blue Shield reignites health care insurance rate wars with huge increase

Read more: Blue Shield reignites health care insurance rate wars with huge increase | San Francisco Business Times

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanfranci...rate-wars.html

Quote:
Dave Jones, California’s newly installed insurance commissioner, got a stunning chance to strut his stuff Thursday, after Blue Shield of California this week confirmed plans to raise rates for some individual policyholders by as much as 59 percent.
In a move that recalled Anthem Blue Cross’s attempt to raise individual policyholders’ rates by up to 39 percent early last year — which many credited with helping President Barack Obama’s floundering health reform proposal jolt back to life — San Francisco-based Blue Shield started telling some policyholders their rates would jump sky high by March 1
Old 01-15-2011, 09:08 AM   #2509
TheMercenary

Upcoming tax hikes with Obamacare:

http://www.atr.org/comprehensive-lis...amacare-a5758#
Old 01-19-2011, 05:56 PM   #2510
JBKlyde
Banned

I'm not saying I completely agree with Obama Care or even that It is the right direction for the country. However I believe that Health Care is what gives America it Leading Edge. For instance when I was a kid my mother bought this pc and it had, a tom clancys flight simulator on it and it had a game where you were the doctor and you did operations. While I was good on the flight simulator the operation game was difficult. Being a kid I just went in there and chopped them up, that may seem crool and creepy however I actually diagnosed myself with an appendicitis and had a REAL surgery done on me. So the point I'm getting at is that I am now a diagnosed bipolar/ skitzo and wouldn't it suck to wake up one day and realize you where in the middle of a surgery or even so the meds I'm on now are state of the art.. simple put WE CANNOT AFFORD TO GET IT WRONG with Health Care. And the new legislation that is being rushed through may be just a quick fix it. Tieing a turrnicite to a head injury will kill the patient and I'm afraid that's whats going on in Washington. The don't realize how the wounded in America are being led like sheep to the slaughter. And that may sound a bit far fetched however did anyone really read the new health care laws. Please feel free to correct me.
JBKlyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:49 PM   #2511
TheMercenary

Obama has a pill for you. Do not question, just open wide and swallow.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:09 AM   #2512
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

will it hurt?

wait. i think i already know the answer to that.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:23 AM   #2513
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

my father was a very respected doctor here in houston. in the state as a matter of fact. was on numerous medical boards. i remember one sunday back in around '78 or so i was in the doctors lounge watching a nascar race back when it was winston cup (yes i advocate smoking hell i roll my own) anyway, i distinctly remember him saying that insurance companies will ruin medicine. this is what he was talking about and of course it didn't work. and it sure as hell did happen all back asswards. heck my parents wanted me to follow in dad's footsteps but many years later when i was in engineering mom said and i quote "fred? i sure am glad you did not go into medicine." dad agreed. this was some 8 years before dad died. in fact for those of you that know, he died on my first commercial flight. found out while away from home. mom? 8-1-07 while in prison. maybe i should put the cellar down for now. i'm talking way too much.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:35 AM   #2514
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

Ive enjoyed your ramblings tonight, plthijinx...even without the capitalization... You are a good story teller.
Pico and ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 02:43 PM   #2515
TheMercenary

Follow the numbers....

http://hotair.com/archives/2011/01/2...press-release/
Old 02-06-2011, 12:46 PM   #2516
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMercenary View Post
,just open wide and swallow.
Really Merc? I always figured you for a spit guy.
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 07:13 PM   #2517
TheMercenary

Quote:
Originally Posted by richlevy View Post
Really Merc? I always figured you for a spit guy.
Obama wants you to swallow. No open wide and take it....

It was never about me. You must have mistaken me for Sheldon....
Old 02-12-2011, 08:26 AM   #2518
Athenian
Alphabetarian

Lol. Healthcare in the USA = oral sex. Rome burns. Sad little snots.
Athenian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 08:55 AM   #2519
TheMercenary

As I stated numerous times before the passage of Obamacare, the only ones who are going to get rich in this scheme are the insurance companies.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/reg...21137&srvc=rss
Old 03-05-2011, 08:42 PM   #2520
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMercenary View Post
As I stated numerous times before the passage of Obamacare, the only ones who are going to get rich in this scheme are the insurance companies.
So why is health care working so well in Massachusetts? Oh. Wacko extremist rhetoric must ignore reality. Later we will hear reams of lies from extremists. It is inevitable. They will eventually tell TheMercenary what to think. And then he will tell us.

So where is all that economic prosperity because the rich were given ten years of government welfare? When Limbaugh has an answer, he will post it here. Meanwhile, blame the evil Hilary. Or blame Obama for so many rich Republican executives.

Why do executives, who once earned only 14 times more than their employees, now make well over 300 times? Exactly what the Republicans so wanted. Enrich those who least deserve it but who are Republicans. Then blame it all on Obama. Spinning lies is so much fun when extremists believe what they are told to believe. When extremists ignore obvious facts as ordered.

A responsible post would cite all companies who overpay the least competent. But that means punishing the largest purchasers of Republicans? Not good now that the Supreme Court said buying politicians is legal. When do we blame their obscene salaries on Hilary? Especially when Huckabee – a Republican governor – created MA health care. Oh. Blame Obama because MA health care was created by a *Republican* governor. Existed long before the word Obamacare even existed. How convenient. He forgot to mention that. Brainwashed were ordered to blame Obama – not Huckabee.

He forgot to mention MA health plan was created by Republicans. Nothing in MA was created by Federal laws. Oh. Why did he forget to mention that? Ignorance or convenience? Remembering all facts is routine when a political agenda must be promoted. Say anything so that Obama fails. Hannity said what to believe. To even hate Muslims in lower Manhattan. Wacko extremisms justified by forgetting facts - conveniently.

Now HDTV has so perverted American television, why is he still not blaming Democrats for the mess? Oh. That was the political agenda more than a decade ago. We are supposed to forget those fears were only politically invented lies.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote