The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 07-20-2005, 05:55 AM   #1
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

A little Rant before Work

I am paying my debt to society. I am doing community service at the animal shelter and let me tell you--they are working MY ASS OFF. I'm down to the last 17 hours (out of 50) and I hope to fulfill my sentance by working 8 today and 9 tomorrow. I'm exhausted! Taking care of animals is a repetative, thankless job and the people that work there are kinda weird. They're pissed off all the time because there is SO much work and nobody appreciates them (or so they feel) and it's just brutal! I'm going to clean out 25 cat condos this morning which will take me until 10-10:30 this morning. This is the definition of sucks. Everybody else have a good day. My ass is already dragging.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 08:51 AM   #2
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

well at least your going to have your CS out of the way and done before the weekend!

are you the only one on CS there? is that why they're working you so hard? make you bust your ass because they know you only have 17 hrs left?

there's a lady here at my "normal" job that helps out at a local shelter here, we call her the raccoon lady because that's what her specialty, taking care of injured or abandoned coons. nice lady albeit a little on the koo-koo side.
Old 07-20-2005, 10:27 AM   #3
mrnoodle
bent

My CS was hard too. Worked at an ARC thrift store. They offered me a full-time job afterwards, though The CS people worked much harder than their regular employees.

Seems like all my friends got cushy assignments where they could smoke pot and fudge their hours. Oh well. I learned my lesson.
Old 07-20-2005, 03:22 PM   #4
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Ass. Is. Kicked. I am the only CS there on the days I am there and I have been working like a freaking slave! SLAVE, I TELL YOU! I'm hot, sweaty and smell like wet dog. How nice. I am pretty sure they have me doing stuff that is against the Geneva Convention. One. More. Day.

On the upside--am learning tons about animal care!
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 03:37 PM   #5
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna
......I'm hot, sweaty and smell like wet dog. How nice. I am pretty sure they have me doing stuff that is against the Geneva Convention. One. More. Day.

On the upside--am learning tons about animal care!
you had me all excited until the smell like a dog part

but now......you have one more day! and DONE!
Old 07-20-2005, 08:42 PM   #6
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Try not to forget you could very well have gone to jail and be thankful you smell like wet dog.
Old 07-20-2005, 11:24 PM   #7
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

I think CS serving unwanted animals is pretty groovy, all things considered. Hell, I have to do all that stuff you mentioned just to keep my house from smelling like the animal shelter.

Considering what you originally thought might happen, it sounds as though things could have worked out much, much worse.

Keep up the progress, girl.