The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 04-27-2007, 02:22 PM   #376
piercehawkeye45
Franklin Pierce

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshnesschronic View Post
You are too young to judge such an issue as banning guns in this country
Age has nothing to do with it. She has been throwing around some big assumptions but those assumptions aren't necessarily false, just distorted. You have never lived in the inner city so you have no idea what it is like in there. You are also not experienced enough to make a good judgment on the issue.
piercehawkeye45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 03:47 PM   #377
duck_duck
Soul Duck

Quote:
Like literally, my IQ dropped 10 points by hearing someone actually say that. !
I am pretty sure that drop in IQ points is from the "chronic" you like so much and not from me slapping you in the face with the reality of your crime ridden nation.
Old 04-27-2007, 06:18 PM   #378
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
A 16 year old who knows how we should run OUR country when she doesn't even know what our country is about.

Case closed.
Freshness, aren't you like 18 or something? Or at least early college years? You have to have at least have 10 years (better that it be 2x other person's age) before you can play the age card.

Because of her age, I would personally work towards approaching things from offering other evidence to refute the opinion that she's clinging to. Much like dealing with other adults, she may never change that opinion, but the opportunity here is to allow her to learn to think critically, a skill too few teenagers have.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 07:18 PM   #379
freshnesschronic
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by duck_duck View Post
I am pretty sure that drop in IQ points is from the "chronic" you like so much and not from me slapping you in the face with the reality of your crime ridden nation.
Here we go, insults again. You don't know crap about the US, so I won't even consider anything you say valid.

And by the way, I've graduated high school, been in college. Ducky has no idea what collge is like. That is all self discipline, all making your own decisions. It's all on you. It really opens your eyes to the world. I am 19, still young but I know so much more than a 16 year old. I am independent, have been paying my way since I was 17 as a senior. I am not omniscient, but I AM more experienced than her. It is tiring to see her completely degrade the US as a crime ridden nation. Who else here thinks that? I think very very little think the way she thinks.

Last edited by freshnesschronic; 04-27-2007 at 07:25 PM.
freshnesschronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 07:43 PM   #380
duck_duck
Soul Duck

Quote:
You don't know crap about the US, so I won't even consider anything you say valid.
Apparently neither do you so I guess nothing you say is any more valid than what I say concerning america.
Old 04-27-2007, 08:12 PM   #381
Ibby
erika

Quote:
I am 19, still young but I know so much more than a 16 year old.
Watch it, bub. You know more than THAT 16-year-old. You probably do know more than me too, honestly, but I'm not appreciative of generalizations on intelligence/experience based on age, because theyre ALWAYS bullshit and ALWAYS have exceptions.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:27 PM   #382
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibram View Post
Watch it, bub. You know more than THAT 16-year-old. You probably do know more than me too, honestly, but I'm not appreciative of generalizations on intelligence/experience based on age, because theyre ALWAYS bullshit and ALWAYS have exceptions.
That would be a major statement of Bullshit in and of itself....
Old 04-27-2007, 09:29 PM   #383
Ibby
erika

Yes, yes, merc, we get it, you are biased, bigoted, and discriminatory against everyone under the age of 20. We get it, now just shut UP already.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:32 PM   #384
TheMercenary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibram View Post
...now just shut UP already.
Ummmm no. I can't remember the last time I did something a teen told me to do... ok, like about 40 years ago when I was like 10 years old or something.... But it really has been a long time since some teeny bopper had a leg up.. I mean really kid, just move along.

Keep sticking your hand in the cage and expect to be bitten, I'm just saying...
Old 04-27-2007, 10:00 PM   #385
freshnesschronic
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by duck_duck View Post
Apparently neither do you so I guess nothing you say is any more valid than what I say concerning america.
Because? Give me supporting evidence, other than I'm a killer civilian, like the rest of us Americans.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:04 PM   #386
TheMercenary

Quote:
Because? Give me supporting evidence, other than I'm a killer civilian, like the rest of us Americans.
All Americans are cold blooded killers, didn't you hear?
Old 04-27-2007, 10:11 PM   #387
duck_duck
Soul Duck

Quote:
Supporting evidence for what? I haven't yet seen you post anything to make me believe you know what you are talking about concerning crime in your country.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:18 PM   #388
freshnesschronic
Professor

Honestly ducky, even if the cellar people here do agree with your gun ban on America you are biasing all of us in America to an exponential degree and that is what really pisses the shit out of me. You've lived here a coupla years, right? And you went back to the utopia of Hong Kong, that's great. But you still don't know what America is like, you still don't understand media in America, you still don't know WHY guns ARE NOT banned here and you still don't understand how to break down someone's arguement, likewise mine. You can give me the stats and all but it does not make America a killer country. The culture is different here than in Hong Kong. You want to know why I'm really pissed? Because you are NOT accepting of American culture, ONE BIT. You are telling us to completely throw away values of a developed culture for your simple and ignorant viewpoint on the world.

I am an immigrant just like you and I love this country. This country let my family emigrate here and prosper. But for you to totally condem people and society in this country is totally unfair, ignorant and downright wrong of you. That is a huge insult to me and the USA.

You can say whatever bullshit response you want to say but I am not listening. And I bet you 10 to 1 the other dwellars here are not listening to your rampant bullshit on crime ridden America anymore.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:24 PM   #389
TheMercenary

Hong Kong ain't no Utopia. Now I have not been there since 1987 but it really is no different from any other cities. Ok, I take that back, for an American it is very exotic. Nothing like the US.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:32 PM   #390
duck_duck
Soul Duck

Quote:
Honestly ducky, even if the cellar people here do agree with your gun ban on America you are biasing all of us in America to an exponential degree and that is what really pisses the shit out of me. You've lived here a coupla years, right? And you went back to the utopia of Hong Kong, that's great. But you still don't know what America is like, you still don't understand media in America, you still don't know WHY guns ARE NOT banned here and you still don't understand how to break down someone's arguement, likewise mine. You can give me the stats and all but it does not make America a killer country. The culture is different here than in Hong Kong. You want to know why I'm really pissed? Because you are NOT accepting of American culture, ONE BIT. You are telling us to completely throw away values of a developed culture for your simple and ignorant viewpoint on the world.

I am an immigrant just like you and I love this country. This country let my family emigrate here and prosper. But for you to totally condem people and society in this country is totally unfair, ignorant and downright wrong of you. That is a huge insult to me and the USA.

You can say whatever bullshit response you want to say but I am not listening. And I bet you 10 to 1 the other dwellars here are not listening to your rampant bullshit on crime ridden America anymore.
Nice speech but it doesn't change the fact your country is full of violent crime and you have as yet to refute that. Instead you go off on rants about how you are insulted and how you being a 19 year old college boy somehow makes you know what you are talking about. Is that how they teach you to have a discussion at your university? I think you should ask for your tuition back if it is.