The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 02-28-2013, 02:15 PM   #1
fargon
Person who doesn't update the user title

It's Almost Over.

Only 21 more days of winter, or summer down under. I am so tired of winter. We had the windows open for a while this morning. And it smells better in here, it smells fresh instead of incense, pot, and farts.
Heavily medicated for the good of mankind.
fargon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:34 PM   #2
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fargon View Post
...instead of incense, pot, and farts.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:50 PM   #3
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Today is the first day of autumn here. I like this season. Its my fav.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:32 PM   #4
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

Spring ... bring it on!! (As far as I'm concerned, spring starts March 1. It doesn't matter that snow is still 2 feet deep or that the equinox won't happen for almost three weeks - it's spring.)
Old 02-28-2013, 08:10 PM   #5
IamSam
Now living the life of a POW

Quote:
Originally Posted by fargon View Post
Only 21 more days of winter, or summer down under. I am so tired of winter. We had the windows open for a while this morning. And it smells better in here, it smells fresh instead of incense, pot, and farts.
Here it can still snow in May - even June once. The good news is that it's already warm enough to go camping in Canyonlands. The bad news is that the local college kids will all head out there for spring break beginning tomorrow - March 1. The good news is that I know all the cool, REALLY obscure places where 18 year-olds fear to tread, and my truck has a full tank of gas!

Be gone, all you pot smoking, farting, incense burning sophmores!
Old 03-01-2013, 03:08 AM   #6
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Yesterday evening at 5pm it was still broad daylight. Spring, definitely

Sent by thought transference
Old 03-01-2013, 04:15 AM   #7
Nirvana
Back in 10

First calf born definitely spring {BULL} 28 to go..
Old 03-01-2013, 05:36 AM   #8
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Never really liked Spring. Too muddy.
Like Ali, I love Autumn.

But all seasons in their turn have things to appreciate.
Spring leads to Summer after all. 'Cepting I have to avoid the sun more then ever this year thanks to the damage I (alcohol) has wreaked on my skin.

Still, I love the fleshy abundance of Summer. It's BIG.
And even working until 19.00 feels okay because you're coming home in the daylight.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:48 AM   #9
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by orthodoc View Post
Spring ... bring it on!! (As far as I'm concerned, spring starts March 1. It doesn't matter that snow is still 2 feet deep or that the equinox won't happen for almost three weeks - it's spring.)
Me too!!! I have been hearing a few more birds chirping in the morning and its really making me happy.

“Seven Deadly Sins: Wealth without work, Pleasure without conscience, Science without humanity, Knowledge without character, Politics without principle, Commerce without morality, Worship without sacrifice.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Pico and ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:48 PM   #10
IamSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae View Post

But all seasons in their turn have things to appreciate.
Spring leads to Summer after all. 'Cepting I have to avoid the sun more then ever this year thanks to the damage I (alcohol) has wreaked on my skin.
I never knew alcohol could harm the skin, although it makes sense when I think about it. Alcohol wrecks every other organ in the body, so why not the skin, too?

What kind of symptoms do you have? Do you have to wear long sleeves on sunny days or what?
Old 03-01-2013, 01:53 PM   #11
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I got spider veins. They present as small red spots on the skin and then s-p-r-e-a-d. Til they look like red biders. Peeps think I wear scarves now because I've lost so much weight. I admit I'm colder, but it's more because of my red marks.

Aggravated by heat/ exposure to sunlight. Mine came on last summer. I was walking in the shade, then turned a corner (literal not metaphorical) and felt like I was really burning up. Got home to see I had red dots all over my chest and arms. And they've grown since. It's like the bruising; something I've always had but is exacerbated due to my condition.

And yes, a f**ked up liver f**ks everything up. It's the powerhouse of your body. Look after your liver, people. Damn thing can wreck your health if you don't. And that will serve you right I admit.
Old 03-01-2013, 04:51 PM   #12
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

Today is the first day of Spring...I dont care what anyone says or what the weather is like outside. So there. (just had an arguement about this so my het is up)

March is the most hopeful of all the months.

“Seven Deadly Sins: Wealth without work, Pleasure without conscience, Science without humanity, Knowledge without character, Politics without principle, Commerce without morality, Worship without sacrifice.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Pico and ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:53 PM   #13
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

The roar of the V-8 touring cars can be heard throughout the city (they're about 5 km from my place) indicating Mad March and the festival season is upon us.
Old 03-01-2013, 06:09 PM   #14
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenGum View Post
The roar of the V-8 touring cars can be heard throughout the city
That loudly announces that the ill informed think spring has arrived. Smarter drivers, who can read a calendar, also know a V-8 is obsolete technology. Even superior designed race cars no longer have V-8 engines.

Well, the groundhog did not see his shadow. Those educated by groundhogs would also rev low performance V-8s. To convert most gasoline into wasted heat. So they feel that spring has arrived.

I saw a near naked model in Sports Illustrated. That proves spring has arrived? Or that I hacked a copy.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:25 PM   #15
IamSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae View Post
I got spider veins. They present as small red spots on the skin and then s-p-r-e-a-d. Til they look like red biders. Peeps think I wear scarves now because I've lost so much weight. I admit I'm colder, but it's more because of my red marks.

Aggravated by heat/ exposure to sunlight. Mine came on last summer. I was walking in the shade, then turned a corner (literal not metaphorical) and felt like I was really burning up. Got home to see I had red dots all over my chest and arms. And they've grown since. It's like the bruising; something I've always had but is exacerbated due to my condition.

And yes, a f**ked up liver f**ks everything up. It's the powerhouse of your body. Look after your liver, people. Damn thing can wreck your health if you don't. And that will serve you right I admit.
Yuck, Sundae! I'm sorry you have to put up with that. With all the bad things I've victimized my own helpless liver with, I wouldn't be surprised to wake up one morning colored puce!

Here's a toast - non-alcoholic, of course - to the return of spring, the departure of dots of any shade, and our continued co-existance with each of our livers!